Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:59:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nostr Social Media  (Read 76 times)
proud55 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2023, 06:29:36 AM

The simplest open-source protocol that is able to create a censorship-resistant global "social" network once and for all.
It doesn't rely on any trusted central server, hence it is resilient; it is based on cryptographic keys and signatures, so it is tamperproof; it does not rely on P2P techniques, and therefore it works.

I found NOSTR through Jack Dorsey [CEO of Square] + Jack Mallers [CEO of Strike] .
If you are getting sick of Twitter -- I recommend Nostr, a social media like we have never seen before.

https://github.com/nostr-protocol/nostr

Download DAMUS on the app store to begin your Nostr journey.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 11, 2023, 05:06:43 PM

Looks like more people coming onboard Nostr since only a week ago.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 13, 2023, 10:41:42 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2023, 10:52:45 AM by Ucy

I wonder if they have been able to solve data availability issues. Valuable data/information has to be always available, forever. And the best way to achieve this is to have everyone host the data after it has been published and signed. Anyone who is interested in the data can host it. A fresh data should first be hosted by one server/node(which users can access from) , the data can then be replicated to other servers/nodes.. The servers should gradually access the data from the initial server. The hashes should be replicated immediately and should be enough to gurantee the data integrity which is what anyone that is interested in the authentic data should rely on. Once a hash is verified as authentic, a user can then access the corresponding data from whatever server/node node he chooses. Meanwhile other nodes will have thesame authentic data and hashes while only the right hashes are verified by the network and accepted as the authentic for the right data.
 People could also store only hashes of every data in entire network. Once a data is access from a single node, the hash of the data is compared to the entire network hash before the data is used.
This should make the network decentralized and efficient. I wonder why they skip the word decentralized in the github update... Or is it not? What is it then if not decentralized?

They should also agree on how to avoid dangerous/harmful data without violating the censorship resistant principle... because some days ago I saw very filthy spam that should never have been allowed in the first place. The user/user continued spamming with thesame filthy posts for more than an hour
proud55 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2023, 08:06:52 PM

I wonder if they have been able to solve data availability issues. Valuable data/information has to be always available, forever. And the best way to achieve this is to have everyone host the data after it has been published and signed. Anyone who is interested in the data can host it. A fresh data should first be hosted by one server/node(which users can access from) , the data can then be replicated to other servers/nodes.. The servers should gradually access the data from the initial server. The hashes should be replicated immediately and should be enough to gurantee the data integrity which is what anyone that is interested in the authentic data should rely on. Once a hash is verified as authentic, a user can then access the corresponding data from whatever server/node node he chooses. Meanwhile other nodes will have thesame authentic data and hashes while only the right hashes are verified by the network and accepted as the authentic for the right data.
 People could also store only hashes of every data in entire network. Once a data is access from a single node, the hash of the data is compared to the entire network hash before the data is used.
This should make the network decentralized and efficient. I wonder why they skip the word decentralized in the github update... Or is it not? What is it then if not decentralized?

They should also agree on how to avoid dangerous/harmful data without violating the censorship resistant principle... because some days ago I saw very filthy spam that should never have been allowed in the first place. The user/user continued spamming with thesame filthy posts for more than an hour

Yes good point . They never mention the word "decentralized" but regardless the project is open-source and unique compared to its competitors.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 01:36:21 AM

~

There shouldn't be any censorship.

Imagine if there wasn't any censorship on Bitcointalk. Also, imagine that every last post was filthy, vulgar talk of the worst kind. What would happen? In short order, only members who liked that kind of stuff would be visiting Bitcointalk. At the very least, it would be the same as now where you can personally block the posts of anybody you don't like.

If Nostr wound up being full of only filthy, vulgar talk, anybody who didn't like it would stop using it. But since it is not censored at the core of it, it's up to the user to stop following any bad talker.

Parents need to monitor their children, and block bad talkers. Or, they need to take their devices away from them, and sent them to private schools that don't allow any devices on the premises. Once the kid is of adult age, he is responsible for his own life.

You can't babysit the world. You have to let them be free. It's even a principle that God puts up with. The thing that should be done with Nostr is that lewd or crude writing should be marked so that people can ovoid them until they block the maker of these kinds of articles or posts.

Nobody is forcing anybody to use Nostr. If it isn't a good thing, go somewhere else.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 04:24:53 PM

~

We do not allow yeast in our Kingdom else it swells and weakens the bread. Once the bread is weakened it's exposed to invaders.
If you understand what this ^ means you are actually part of us and should see nothing wrong in suppression of dangerous/harmful content by the keeper of the body.

By the way, what I was referring to in that post was a repeated post of a naked Asian "woman" in erotic position. It was likely repeated for more than two hours as nothing else but the post covered the entired homepage. Scrolling or blocking didn't help much as the poster/posters seem to be using multiple accounts to post thesame thing. It looked like an attack.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 05:14:44 PM

~

We do not allow yeast in our Kingdom else it swells and weakens the bread. Once the bread is weakened it's exposed to invaders.
If you understand what this ^ means you are actually part of us and should see nothing wrong in suppression of dangerous/harmful content by the keeper of the body.

By the way, what I was referring to in that post was a repeated post of a naked Asian "woman" in erotic position. It was likely repeated for more than two hours as nothing else but the post covered the entired homepage. Scrolling or blocking didn't help much as the poster/posters seem to be using multiple accounts to post thesame thing. It looked like an attack.

TWO HOURS!!!   What I meant when I said that there shouldn't be any censorship is that, the only censorship should be self-censorship... censorship done by the person watching.

I sympathize with you. You probably feel guilty all over the place. And I can understand your request for help, since you obviously don't seem to have enough control to censor this thing for yourself. But look at the other side of it.

The other side is fair elections and all kinds of good stuff. If we allow censors, who is going to judge how much or how little to censor? Right now it is coming out into the open that twitter censored so much stuff at election time, that they might have been the reason why Trump didn't win.

And part of what they might have censored is knowledge of the Internet back doors on the voting machines that allowed a few criminals to control what the voting machines said. If there had been no twitter censors, people would have recognized that the votes didn't match what people were saying on twitter, and there might have been a big investigation into the election process that would have overturned the whole election.

And if that had happened, we wouldn't be supporting Ukraine in the war, which likely wouldn't have happened at all, and the US economy would have been a lot better than it is.

And what about Covid? Tons of doctors and nurses and other experts were censored, who tried to show that Covid isn't the dangerous thing, but that the vaxx is far more dangerous... and hundreds of thousands of people wouldn't have died as has happened, and is happening right now from the vaxx.

And there are tons more formerly censored things coming out... like the Jeffrey Epstein thing, that he and his people were garnering information from the 'choke points' of international Internet, so that they could find stuff to blackmail big business and politicians with. Sure, letting this info out into the open would have caused some people to go underground to keep from being caught by Epstein. But others would have stopped their wickedness.

Proper use of Nostr will encrypt everything in the future, so that if you happen to get some Nostr info you don't want, you won't be able to see or understand it anyway. It will only be those people who actively try to see it that will be able. In other words, it will not really be censored. Rather, it will simply be hidden, like people are when they wear clothes.

Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: