Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future: Trustless Decentralized Identity  (Read 200 times)
chum_yum
Legendary

Activity: 1107
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 15, 2023, 09:26:17 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2023, 09:44:14 AM by chum_yum

The only way to check if a given fingerprint belongs to someone real is to meet him in person and verify it by his finger.

So 3DPass is not a digital identity because 1 person can have infinite amount of digital identities. In my opinin, correct me if i'm wrong, it lose majority of use cases.

KK, will do. pass3d recognition lib must contain both the fingerprint recognition algorithm and 3D object recognition (Grid2d), which is actually there. That's how it works. It will prevent each digital identity from copying just as it does with 3D objects mined on 3Dpass blockchain (every object has a unique shape). Like 1 object = 1 asset.

1. As you can see on the picture posted by @3dpass, the HASH ID is created from several pieces of data when together being leveraged as a seed. But each of them represents an authentication factor you can never recover the HASH ID without having all of them:

- a fingerprint is something that you are factor, which can identify the person easily (of course, in person);
- a piece of stone is something that you have factor.
- this combination might be expanded with some additional factors like a password (something that you know), etc.

So 3DPass is only a more secured version of private key. Or maybe not "more secured" but "secured in a different way". Because you can also hash your private key using "something you know" AKA password and part of your best book as "something you have" using simple softwere. 3DPass is nothing more than that. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are. As it was mentioned above, the recognition algorithm is used in 3dpass instead of standard SHA2 hashing.
I suggest that you read this article to compare and understand better how it protects objects from being copied: https://3dpass.medium.com/proof-of-scan-consensus-how-does-that-work-7a88b0fc8530

that your bio has been already compromised (or even public), but the second factor is private and strong enough to protect your keys.

good point. But that doesn't  this fact make bio useless in this system?

It doesn't, cause that's exactly what makes HASH ID real personal digital identity. Bio data serves to identify a person, not to protect your key. Moreover, I'm not sure, your fear to disclose your bio makes that much sense nowdays. In most cases, it's already being public (iris scans on your selfie photos published on the Internet, fingerprints on your camera). Of course, if you want to stay private, you can live your life without making photos, hiding from public cameras with a hood etc... but it's not common.

In my opinion, lots of people would prefer the possibility to use public digital identity for making p2p deals with real assets. Moreover, they would publish their iris scan with its HASH ID, so that 3DPass network can verify its authenticity. That's just my opinion. It doesn't make sense to keep in private something that you can't hide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 15, 2023, 05:33:15 PM

The algorithm checks the blockchain to make sure there is no match. Of course this depends on how many fingers are set up to generate a decentralized identity.

If 3DPass get's the algorithm and conditions right for generating a new decentralized identity then it would be 1 per person. Of course people can be very creative and I joked earlier that people will start scanning their toes  Grin

Nonetheless there would be a strong limitation on the amount of digital identity per real human being with the goal being 1.

As I posted above there are ready to use tools that generates infinite amount of fake fingerprints. Even if they are not perfect to cheat this system ... if big money will come in ... people will find a way.

I think this is harsh and I hope you can be open minded on the project.

Maybe indeed I am. 5 years in crypto made me very sceptical about new projects.

I believe it is more secure and secured in a different way. More secure in the sense of multiple biometric data plus an additional object which is a crazy level of security. Plus most importantly it will be more user friendly than anything I've seen so far.

Scan two fingerprints plus your favourite sculpture for example. Good luck trying to figure this out for a hacker or forgetting this.

So its a super secured version of private key. Its a nice usecase too. But its not a digital identity because its not sybil attack resistant.

And I would not compare it to having multiple passports. You go to jail for a long time if you get caught.  Here you generate new fake fingerprint and scan random object and its ready.

chum_yum
Legendary

Activity: 1107
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 16, 2023, 12:51:00 PM

The algorithm checks the blockchain to make sure there is no match. Of course this depends on how many fingers are set up to generate a decentralized identity.

If 3DPass get's the algorithm and conditions right for generating a new decentralized identity then it would be 1 per person. Of course people can be very creative and I joked earlier that people will start scanning their toes  Grin

Nonetheless there would be a strong limitation on the amount of digital identity per real human being with the goal being 1.

As I posted above there are ready to use tools that generates infinite amount of fake fingerprints. Even if they are not perfect to cheat this system ... if big money will come in ... people will find a way.

I think this is harsh and I hope you can be open minded on the project.

Maybe indeed I am. 5 years in crypto made me very sceptical about new projects.

I believe it is more secure and secured in a different way. More secure in the sense of multiple biometric data plus an additional object which is a crazy level of security. Plus most importantly it will be more user friendly than anything I've seen so far.

Scan two fingerprints plus your favourite sculpture for example. Good luck trying to figure this out for a hacker or forgetting this.

So its a super secured version of private key. Its a nice usecase too. But its not a digital identity because its not sybil attack resistant.

And I would not compare it to having multiple passports. You go to jail for a long time if you get caught.  Here you generate new fake fingerprint and scan random object and its ready.

Let me give you one more example, which is a hardware wallet having implemented in of both Grid2d and fingerprint recognition algo. And those two would be used for HASH ID creation. The input data, now, can never be replaced, unless you have it as a physical item (a real finger or "plastic" finger). And all you need to prove is whether or not there is a real human being behind, right?

I can see at least two possible ways to do that:

1. Meet him/her in person and verify the HASH ID with the hardware wallet
2. Trust a third party registrar (less trustworthy)

Suppose, there should be some methods on top..

Cee2 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2023, 05:27:26 PM

If 3DPass get's the algorithm and conditions right for generating a new decentralized identity then it would be 1 per person. Of course people can be very creative and I joked earlier that people will start scanning their toes  Grin

I am not sure on this part. If you make it on a smartphone sensor this will be difficult for fake fingerprints. Plus again it wouldn't be too crazy to do add additional functionality for the decentralized identity algorithm to keep making it more and more secure. You will never find something 100% secure but the important part is that as an open source project this can continue to develop and improve. There is always an arms race between antivirus vs virus, authentication vs forgery etc. One thing I am sure is that 3DPass will make this extremely hard/almost impossible.

And I would not compare it to having multiple passports. You go to jail for a long time if you get caught.  Here you generate new fake fingerprint and scan random object and its ready.

This tech will be sybil attack proof. Of course there will most likely be a very small loophole but this loophole will be extremely difficult to reproduce.

Also the PoScan algorithm is based on PoW. The decentralized identity would have no impact on the layer 1 blockchain from 3DPass, this remains secured.

You have great insides on decentralized identity. Why don't you come and join the project and share your thoughts and ideas to make this better?

The only recognition algorithm implemented currently is for 3D shapes. The next one schedule for Q4 2023 is for 2D drawings which I recommended before joining the project on bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5382009.msg59443322#msg59443322

Come share your ideas and let's make this goal for a decentralized identity and most importantly secure.

3DPass: Proof of Scan (PoScan) Consensus Mechanism that makes the tokenisation of objects onto the blockchain trustless, decentralized, secure and limitless. This will revolutionize decentralized identification, asset tokenisation of anything and everything from gemstones to precious metals.

Homepage - https://3dpass.org/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: