Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth staking stablecoins?  (Read 983 times)
asrinur

Activity: 618
Merit: 104

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 06:34:09 PM

I think you better invest your fiat into deposits or bonds if you expect more profit because if you want to stake in dApp platform it comes with its own risks based on security and also very high fuel costs. However, it seems that staking stablecoins is not much to gain.

bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 06:42:01 PM

If you are concerned about the risks associated with DeFi platforms and prefer a more established and adopted cryptocurrency, then converting your stablecoin to Bitcoin could be an alternative. Bitcoin has a long history, is highly liquid, and is considered relatively safe due to its robust network and consensus mechanism. However, the price of Bitcoin can be volatile, which may not match the stability that stablecoins offer. But when considering any investment or asset conversion, you must evaluate your own risk tolerance, investment objectives, and market conditions. So you have the option of converting to bitcoin, and the decision is still yours.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 01:33:02 PM

This is just my opinion, isn't it better to stake a stablecoin on a centralized exchange? because some of the good ones here are Binance and Coinbase.

Because here in binance, when you stake USDT, it gives 5% interest in a 6-months duration period of time, while in coinbase it is 4% for 3 months. Because if you want to do staking in Defi, as far as I know, the percentage of profit given is low whether it is usdt or usdc.

But you still have a choice if you want to stake your stablecoins, this is the link
https://koinly.io/blog/best-staking-platforms/

Rates on centralized staking platforms are pretty good. But there's always the risk of getting your funds seized or frozen for no reason (government intervention, exchange running away with the money, etc). Not your keys, not your coins. If only centralized exchanges had some type of insurance that would protect investors' holdings, then I'd have no problem using them to stake my stablecoins.

It seems my only options are staking through "De-Fi" platforms for complete peace of mind. Both Uniswap (Liquidity Pools) and Aave have brought my attention with their decent APY. They're tried-and-tested "De-Fi" protocols so nothing should go wrong. Fingers crossed stablecoins won't go to $0 overnight because of an unexpected event. Just my two sats. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: