Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:05:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Stacks Bowers Physical Cryptocurrency Auction 2023 Thread  (Read 2818 times)
stillherehodling

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 08:07:44 AM

Would love to see a 10BTC Casascius go for auction there....loaded and unloaded.

I can't recall ever seeing a 10 BTC peeled Cas coin for sale on forum in all these years here.

Yeah, rare as hen's teeth Tongue
I have only ever seen one in all my years....

For you to say that means quite alot!  LOL

In all my years in crypto...I was able to acquire a silver 10 BTC redeemed one....and once came across a 10 BTC silver/gilt in very bad shape on ebay years ago. Since then its been pretty dead.

If you ever want to buy a loaded one of either type, you know where you can find them… I think the reason they aren’t seen more often is because buyers want them for 10.5 BTC and sellers want to sell them for 15 BTC. The only sale I can recall ever seeing here was I believe Anduck selling his. I think it was for sale for 14.5 BTC for years before someone finally snagged it.
Is that the whale guy? (avatar of whale rising from the sea??). He seemed to buy much Casascius. I sold him my one and only 10BTC Cas while he was travelling UK shores, back in the day. It was part of a multi-coin deal, so cant remember how i broke down the cost of the 10BTC Cas.
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2023, 04:37:46 PM

Yeah, rare as hen's teeth Tongue
I have only ever seen one in all my years....

Drooling... Grin

Regards,
Chris@TBPCo.

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 508
Merit: 43

Holder of last resort

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 12:58:38 PM

How long does it takes Stacks and Bowers to ship out their coins to the winners? I still haven't received tracking or any notification that the package has been shipped

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 896
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 01:52:48 PM

How long does it takes Stacks and Bowers to ship out their coins to the winners? I still haven't received tracking or any notification that the package has been shipped

It takes awhile. 2-3 weeks but it will come and you’ll get email notification about it. I’ve only bought a single item on a pre bid I made, as typically stacks is WAY over priced. But this auction it seems like the 306 lots held pricing down, or maybe it was the multiples of the exact same coins. No matter how cheap you feel you won something, after an extra 20% buyers premium, sales tax, and shipping - it’s definitely not as cheap as you originally hoped. In my experience anyways. Maybe they shouldn’t allow normal satori’s anymore, or lot after lot of the same coins. Or do the auction on a Friday night and not an afternoon.
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 988
Merit: 407

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 03:58:09 AM

It takes awhile. 2-3 weeks but it will come and you’ll get email notification about it. I’ve only bought a single item on a pre bid I made, as typically stacks is WAY over priced. But this auction it seems like the 306 lots held pricing down, or maybe it was the multiples of the exact same coins. No matter how cheap you feel you won something, after an extra 20% buyers premium, sales tax, and shipping - it’s definitely not as cheap as you originally hoped. In my experience anyways. Maybe they shouldn’t allow normal satori’s anymore, or lot after lot of the same coins. Or do the auction on a Friday night and not an afternoon.

Not trying to make trouble but it occured to me that you said as the buyer they added 20% premium to the final auction price? I was talking to a seller the other day and he said that the final auction price included the 20% premium and he received quite a bit less. Are they double dipping that 20% premium. 20 from the buyer plus 20 from the seller. Since all the buyers and sellers are here should be able to figure out pretty easily. Any thoughts?
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 896
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 01:00:44 PM

Not trying to make trouble but it occured to me that you said as the buyer they added 20% premium to the final auction price? I was talking to a seller the other day and he said that the final auction price included the 20% premium and he received quite a bit less. Are they double dipping that 20% premium. 20 from the buyer plus 20 from the seller. Since all the buyers and sellers are here should be able to figure out pretty easily. Any thoughts?

I’ve never sold on Stacks so I have no clue on that end. I was told that the sellers get the hammer price, not sure if they take taxes add taxes or do anything with that. Or have any fees. Someone else will have to chime in there. They also list the sales after the auction with the buyers premium included - which could cause confusion.

I do know I bought a coin for $160 - plus 20% for the buyers premium, plus 8% for taxes, plus I think $10 to ship.  Which made it much more expensive. Imagine the difference on a 1k coin or hell - 50k

stillherehodling

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 01:01:29 PM
Merited by minerjones (1)

Any thoughts?

Why is there not, a www.MJ_Krog_et-al_CryptoAuctions.com  ??
Steeley

Activity: 1130
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
April 05, 2023, 05:58:07 PM

Here is a summary article for the sale:

https://coinweek.com/auction-news/stacks-bowers-sells-700000-in-bitcoin-physical-cryptocurrency/

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Eclipse33 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 418

Eclipse™ Experimental Cryptographic Technology

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2023, 06:01:46 PM

This auction had good elements and bad elements.

I wish prices were higher but also this is a step towards market maturity.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
April 07, 2023, 01:54:19 AM

I got this information yesterday from a rep at S&B regarding upcoming stuff:

We are now finalizing our June Crypto Auction, which should be posted online for pre-bidding in mid-May.

The next sales we are accepting consignments to are our August and November crypto sales. The consignment deadlines for each of these sales are below:

August 2023 Crypto Auction—Consignment Deadline May 5th.
November 2023 Crypto Auction—Consignment Deadline August 25th

We accept the vast majority of crypto coins, as long as they can be graded by PCGS, ICG, or ANACS. Due to concerns about redeemability and security, we are not accepting loaded Titan Mint or Microsoul coins. If concerns emerge about other series, we will also decline to accept them.

Looking forward to them! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 04:20:21 PM

This auction had good elements and bad elements.

I wish prices were higher but also this is a step towards market maturity.

Yes, agreed, happy to see exposure of lots of crypto-collectibles on public display here.
Which pieces you feel went under-value?

The moonbits price here is crazy: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-11DWMW/2018-moonbits-1k-bits-test-run-0001-bitcoin-loaded-firstbits-of484qnm-serial-no-t2097-plastic-ms-67-pcgs
Would need to check, but as far as I know this one was rare indeed. Not even sure if the claimed 200 pieces were produced, afaik it was "up-to 200" but probably less in reality. Will inquire when I got time to do so.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
henkcryptotank

Activity: 722
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 05:11:16 PM

New crypto auction online at Stacks.

Greets Tank
rsincognito
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 05:25:31 PM

they have some really cool stuff!   2011-casascius-100-bitcoin-Gold bar

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-160789/unfunded-2011-casascius-100-bitcoin-bar-firstbits-1gcuzp8v-series-2-gold-plated-alloy-genuine-pcgs
henkcryptotank

Activity: 722
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 06:33:37 PM

Yeah. And the 25 btc. Mmmmmm
SwissCrab
Copper Member

Activity: 235
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 09:54:01 PM

anyone knows how long does it take for Stacks Bowers to payout the seller ? thanks

1 sat/vB 4ever
Eclipse33 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2023, 03:34:48 AM

anyone knows how long does it take for Stacks Bowers to payout the seller ? thanks

It took me less than 30 days to get paid by stacks.

They sent me a check in the mail.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 01:14:26 AM

It took me less than 30 days to get paid by stacks.

They sent me a check in the mail.

As I understood it from direct emails with them that it would be wired to my account. Did you have that option, or was it just too expensive vs check in the mail? Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
rsincognito
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 04:15:31 AM

Some I can correct me if I’m wrong, I think it has to do with when the buyer pays for an item that you sell through stacks .  And they a couple other things. What I have done is use my consignment mo eye to pay for items that I also buy in the same auction .
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2023, 03:01:07 PM

Some I can correct me if I’m wrong, I think it has to do with when the buyer pays for an item that you sell through stacks .  And they a couple other things. What I have done is use my consignment mo eye to pay for items that I also buy in the same auction .

Yes I believe this is true- I don't have a US-based account, so get international wires and its about 6 weeks after auction conclusion.
I've got some pieces in this sale, as well as the upcoming one in March which may still have some openings Cool

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Eclipse33 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2023, 03:37:24 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2023, 03:57:07 AM by Eclipse33

Latest auction from our favorite blue-chip auction house bidding open 10/12 through 11/17

Link: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/auctions/3-16067Z/november-2023-auction-session-7-physical-cryptocurrency-lots-7001-7103

A diverse set of pieces here, polymer bit notes on full display this time.  

First offering of rarity-check

I love to see the auction-houses embracing the future of gold and silver bullion.  Wink

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███