Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] Stacks Bowers Physical Cryptocurrency Auction 2023 Thread  (Read 2801 times)
rsincognito
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 40

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 08:12:40 PM

The Stacked auction today was a little soft on price, high dollar items had a pretty good dip.  Especially on low grade 1.0 Btc loaded coins, The auctioneer started off the auction like he just rolled out of bed. zero enthusiasm, no excitement. It was kind of upsetting. none of the 1.0 btc items were mine but I would have been upset If I had a high dollar item running and got stuck with an auctioneer repping my item that had a voice equivalent to elevator music. Both gold bars did some very good money and a 2013 Lealana Gold B did a nice amount being it was the Only one of its kind graded by PCGS with a perfect Proof-70 Deep Cameo. The lower end stuff did well, there was a lot of variety. I think the $10k price movement up in Btc since last auction had a little bit to do with higher end stuff not pumping so hard possibly.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
henkcryptotank

Activity: 721
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 08:57:36 PM

That microsoul bar, wow
SurfinPanda
Copper Member

Activity: 340
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 09:03:52 PM

There’s one for sale on eBay for $800!
rsincognito
Copper Member

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 09:51:17 PM

There’s one for sale on eBay for $800!

not anymore. lol
SurfinPanda
Copper Member

View Profile
November 17, 2023, 10:17:19 PM

Haha you buy it?

I remember seeing that one up for $800 on eBay a couple months ago so it’s been sitting there for quite some time.

Seems like it was a good price though considering someone paid $8000 for one without holograms and the eBay one had holograms included.
Eclipse33 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 938
Merit: 417

Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2023, 02:13:27 AM

Not the most impressive numbers, but pretty moderate performance.

Two standouts:

Silver hologram LEALANA:  https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-1607BL/unfunded-2013-lealana-gold-b-1-bitcoin-firstbits-1jjukfah-serial-no-101-buyer-funded-black-address-gold-plated-silver-proof-70-

The silver hologram LEALANA 1BTC for $7,800 is a really surprising figure. I would anticipate this figure to be more in the range of $3500 - $4000 but I guess someone really wanted it. It was a perfect MS70, (Very rare) and the hologram was silver, not the regular gold.

Microsoul bar: https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-1607NK/unfunded-2016-microsoul-01-bitcoin-bar-gold-plated-brass-genuine-pcgs

The Microsoul bar puzzles me, very strange and odd for something like that to go for so much money, even without the hologram sheet. Maybe someone saw the CAS bearer bar and thought the microsoul bar was on par.

Either way pretty average numbers, appears nobody is getting rich and retiring from these quite yet  Wink

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1719
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2023, 02:54:47 AM

The Microsoul bar did come with holograms although it looks like they did not include them in the pics, as noted in Stacks description:
“Though unassembled, the current bar comes with two spare holograms. These holograms feature a bull and a bear graphic and were first utilized on the LuckyCoin series released by Microsoul in 2016.”
41 made, it was a pretty rare bird.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
rsincognito
Copper Member

View Profile
November 18, 2023, 03:32:33 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2023, 12:03:37 PM by rsincognito

I have a feeling that a decade down the road the Lealana Gold B will over take the value of the Casascius gold B.  For 2 reasons: The Lealana coin is far superior in design and presentation and 2nd with most coming with COA’s this will be a major plus the older these coins get when it comes to verifying them, having the creators signature on most of the back of COA’s again stands out superior when talking about these two coins . This market will get blurred 10 years down the road with a whole different set of eyes.
Eclipse33 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 938
Merit: 417

Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2023, 08:19:59 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

I have a feeling that a decade down the road the Lealana Gold B will over take the value of the Casascius gold B.  For 2 reasons: The Lealana coin is far superior in design and presentation and 2nd with most coming with COA’s this will be a major plus the older these coins get when it comes to verifying them, having the creators signature on most of the back of COA’s again stands out superior when talking about these two coins . This market will get blurred 10 years down the road with a whole different set of eyes.

I find it interesting and I hope others can chime in on this, but even a decade after the first really well made physical bitcoins were released the whole physical bitcoin market still remains almost trapped in a state of infancy. With this forum acting as really the only adequate place of discussion on the topic even a decade later.

I think I may be delusional, but could a physical bitcoin become part of every ultra high net-worth individuals investment portfolio as a possible hedge?

I think we see a future where tucking a 1BTC cas or a bf lealana into your retirement portfolio may become attractive for a large portion of people.

For the younger generation gold is largely unattractive as a store of value, generic silver is pretty unattractive. But what about physical bitcoin?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
rsincognito
Copper Member

View Profile
November 19, 2023, 11:19:19 PM

I have this wish/dream that one day they make a movie kind of like the Italian job but instead of them stealing gold bars, they’re stealing physical bitcoins that look just like Cas & Lealana coins and it ends up sparking a demand overnight for everyone wanting one. And I 100% percent agree that one day these1.0 btc coins from cas and Lea will only be obtainable to multimillionaires and big corporations, I always thought it be cool to walk into the lobby of a hedge fund or big tech company , and in the center you see a big glass bulletproof tube with one Lealana a coin shining bright for all to see. Like a “Corprate flex”. Lol
henkcryptotank

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 05:37:45 AM

Sounds cool. Wen script??

Greets Tank
henkcryptotank

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 06:40:11 PM

Guess mondays aren't great for crypto auctions...
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 868
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 06:47:56 PM

Guess mondays aren't great for crypto auctions...

It is great for buyers tho - added the elusive proto moonbit to my collection at a price that  in my opinion was practically giving it away.
SurfinPanda
Copper Member

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 08:40:33 PM

Yah stuff sold quite cheap. Haven’t bought from them in a while but I snagged a few goodies today.

SP
rsincognito
Copper Member

View Profile
November 20, 2023, 11:41:35 PM

I was driving, so I had it up on my display, watching it, but couldn’t bid,for some reason I couldn’t get the audio to work on the Stoacks app made it much more difficult to keep up with everything, but they definitely were some snags in today’s sale just like last Friday’s
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 868
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 12:45:40 PM

Yah stuff sold quite cheap. Haven’t bought from them in a while but I snagged a few goodies today.

SP

curious if you have received tracking, payment confirmation, or any response whatsoever from Stacks?  I tried to set up bitcoin payment - no response. Emailed them twice without any reply. Finally said screw it and just sent them fiat via paypal. 5 days later and still nothing. Piss poor customer service. Why list an email if nobody is going to answer and reply to it? and if you don't have the man power to do that then at least have auto replies set up. ok off to the mailbox to grab my squirrelbit - today is a good day!
rsincognito
Copper Member

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 03:47:49 PM

Maybe stacks to an extended thanksgiving holiday ?  Lol. I’m going to give them a call today
SurfinPanda
Copper Member

View Profile
November 28, 2023, 05:21:57 PM

I haven’t received any shipping info yet but the last time I purchased from them it took a few weeks for them to ship my order after I paid so I haven’t given it much thought and I wasn’t expecting anything yet based on the last time.

Whenever I have emailed them though I typically got a helpful response within 1 business day.

SP
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1719
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 06:25:36 AM

It looks like there are a few sneaky BTCC items in the Stacks 12/6 Hong Kong auction (not mine). Wanted to share in the event someone wants to snag them. Lots 30846 and 30847.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
Frank AlpenCoin

Activity: 528
Merit: 532

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 08:29:11 AM

The Microsoul bar puzzles me, very strange and odd for something like that to go for so much money, even without the hologram sheet. Maybe someone saw the CAS bearer bar and thought the microsoul bar was on par.

wow... I have one for sale if interested. 9,000 usd is a pretty good deal.

Great to have seen a Poker Chip. They are quite rare, and in the hands of a few people.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-1606FZ/2022-alpen-coin-poker-chip-00001-bitcoin-loaded-serial-no-e326-ceramic-genuine-pcgs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: