Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:05:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your reasons for holding bitcoins?  (Read 540 times)
Luzin

Activity: 1456
Merit: 787

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 11:10:15 AM

My questions is people keeping bitcoin for too long and begins to hear story?
I did that, so far I feel lucky. I know BTC from 2015. There are actually two final results that I know. He got richer or he lost then went out and didn't get back in touch with crypto.  

What's the secret that's different from taking profit?
There is no special secret everyone can learn and master. It's just that everyone is capable of mastering or not. There are three keys that I hold technical, fundamintal and disciplined.

Is that long term bitcoin don't experience losses?
So far no, but if he made the right decision. If I were holding back from 2015, then at the current price I would have ten times what I was holding at the time. As far as trust in BTC still exists, it doesn't matter.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 11:14:16 AM

I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping! I don't get, why are you holding it for long? As long as am concerns is just a matter what you want, long term or short term. Bitcoin is not your Goldsmith or some banks you build at home that you can control anytime you like.

To me bitcoin is there to gives you money when you're satisfied to take the money or take your if can't wait when is dropping. I can't hold for too long is personal or I will never take investment in a short is till personal.

Whether you hold or not what will happen in bitcoin will still happens, is good to hold but too long hell no, because am not the future, future is expectations real life is in the present.

At the end of the day, it all depends on you the investor. All others would say is what they believe will be bast for their investment which they believe if you take the same approach you might earn more.

The chat is straightforward and there are no stories even when it is really long, HODLing your Bitcoin asset for the long term is profitable and investors that have taken that step will likely tell you not to sell cos they have seen it happen over and again, Bitcoin will always come from the bottom to make another ATH and you would still be in profit. Imagine an investor that bought during the 2013 ATH around $1122 and is HODLing to date.
Even someone that bought during the ATH of 2017 would still be in profit now, However, I do understand what you are saying. I know I would want to sell during ATHs and buy back during bear markets instead of holding the same amount trough out the whole continuous circle.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2023, 11:36:24 AM

there are dozens of reasons to hold or not hold Bitcoin. it all depends on many factors, including fiscal or legal ones...but actually having easy access to conversion into fiat or merchants who accept it for payments would lead to more users willing to hodl. it's probably just a matter of time... waiting for the next halving....

Is the meaning that there are still many people who want to use their investment funds to buy their daily food needs? Why would they run out of fiat currency and resort to using a little BTC to buy food? There's nothing wrong with that, but it seems like people in that situation should start learning basic investment knowledge like financial management.

In addition to their status as an investor being valid, they can still have enough to eat by using income from their job if they are employed by a company.

Regardless of when that time will come, one thing is certain: anyone who owns Bitcoin before it becomes mainstream has already won against their emotions.

Del137

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 01:23:04 PM

I would have to list these reasons for a very long time

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2023, 02:07:12 PM

Honestly,, I hold bitcoin for the main reason is speculation, faith in bitcoin is growing, so I decided to hold bitcoin for a long time to find an opportunity to escape from a difficult life to find financial freedom.  In difficult economic times, I don't want to waste bitcoins (using payments, shopping, ...) because for sure bitcoin - a 1000 billion asset will soon return and will be worth more than that.

calonpa

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 02:27:10 PM

I am holding bitcoins because:

1) It is the first crypto.

2) It is based on blockchain which I trust.

3) My clients want to pay me in bitcoins

4) I have got good returns by holding and investing in bitcoins so far

5) Bitcoin has a limited supply which makes it more valuable
ancafe

Activity: 1638
Merit: 694

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 03:09:44 PM

If you understand investment patterns, it is clear that bitcoin is the best choice to hold in the long term, bitcoin has unique characteristics compared to other cryptos. Currently bitcoin has found a much larger recovery from the correction process in the previous year and the accumulation of recovery can be seen from the previous basic correction process. Bitcoin is indeed a long-term asset, proven to be able to provide benefits to whoever holds it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 03:41:48 PM

Besides profit, I guess we all have different reasons I have mine for betting which is still going to be considered for profit. But one reason that anyone has not yet heard of I think was that Holding Crypto or BTC with you makes you attractive  Grin

Oh yeah that might surprise you but according to binance survey, crypto could have a positive impact on one's attractiveness. Below is CZ's tweet about it. Time to get laid O yeah!
https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1625465624771035138

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1266

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 03:49:50 PM

I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping! I don't get, why are you holding it for long? As long as am concerns is just a matter what you want, long term or short term. Bitcoin is not your Goldsmith or some banks you build at home that you can control anytime you like.

To me bitcoin is there to gives you money when you're satisfied to take the money or take your if can't wait when is dropping. I can't hold for too long is personal or I will never take investment in a short is till personal.

Whether you hold or not what will happen in bitcoin will still happens, is good to hold but too long hell no, because am not the future, future is expectations real life is in the present.

You are the sole owner of the bitcoin in your wallet and if you do not want to hold that long then no one can force you.

However the recommendation of holding your coins for as long as you can comes from the fact that bitcoin keeps going up in value, it is true it can go down as well but on average it only goes up, and if that is the case then why sell an asset like that? The most logical move would be to keep it and use fiat which does the opposite process whenever possible, by the way this process has a name and it is called the gresham law and it has been a known process for a very long time.

Thats it, because Bitcoin is unlike anything else, meaning its deflationary and its adoption
grows this contributes to its decreasing supply and increasing demand. This also
means in the long term its market prive increases.

This question has been asked many times here on the forum. Not everyone can or wants to
time the ATH to take profits, others can and do, it can be very tricky and hindsight
is 20/20 vision.

As mentioned by others, Bitcoin can be many things and when you have complete control
over what you own in your own personal wallet you are free to do what you want 24/7
365 days of the year.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1732

Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 04:32:37 PM

It doesn't matter much what most people think. What's great about Bitcoin is that you don't really need to care much on what people use it for, as long as you can use it for your preferred purpose.
Your wallet and your coins, then bitcoin is the responsibility of the owner, no third party will manage it.
Used as anything it will not be a problem for others.

Here maybe we learn how people who have lots of bitcoins manage these bitcoins to provide long term benefits.
Because people will not hold bitcoins forever without any purpose.

Besides profit, I guess we all have different reasons I have mine for betting which is still going to be considered for profit. But one reason that anyone has not yet heard of I think was that Holding Crypto or BTC with you makes you attractive  Grin

Oh yeah that might surprise you but according to binance survey, crypto could have a positive impact on one's attractiveness. Below is CZ's tweet about it. Time to get laid O yeah!
Talking about someone's fascination with holding bitcoin, then you are indirectly showing off that you hold bitcoin, and then people start to get interested.
This will be dangerous for you if there are other people who have bad intentions to steal your bitcoins.
But as long as you still keep your personal address secret, then it can be avoided.

The reason for holding bitcoins just to make it attractive is a reason that will not be entirely true, because in the end everyone is holding bitcoins because the profits will be bigger.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Oneandpure

Activity: 2058
Merit: 306

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 05:18:40 PM

I disagree with people mindset keep holding when Bitcoin reached higher price and they will be panic selling when Bitcoin drop or faced with bad news, I think not matter become long term holding with Bitcoin but still not stable price and some time facing bad news have impact with Bitcoin price going drop.

I take opportunity keep selling Bitcoin and not have reason with long term holding if get chance for selling on higher price and buy back later with lower price. Maybe some one with good financial keep holding Bitcoin in long term and have another passive income without have to sell their Bitcoin assets.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Mr.right85

Activity: 924
Merit: 665

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2023, 06:09:26 PM

First I was going to say is that, you've come a long way and have got a long way to go but, that's cool. For what is worth, you've responded out of your understanding and that's okay.
The thing is, bitcoin in recent times have come to not be just a currency. It's multi tasked or multipurposeful and as such, you've got to treat it not just as you treat other currencies out there but as an asset. You don't see people doing away with an asset having some potentials just the way they like. You've got to give it the time it needs to appreciate in some lofty value.

It is indeed yours to decide when to take it or not and that's why, you are at liberty with all you've got and the best anyone could offer you is merely an advice. It doesn't go above that and as such, it would be awful seeing some threads of lamentation on how you ought to have hold when the bullrun comes or when you see what your few sats could have been worth in decades.
Ptb73

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 06:16:32 PM

I don't really care about the price of bitcoin. I save money in bitcoin.

It's good if I can make some money at the same time though.
bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 06:21:35 PM

It doesn't matter much what most people think. What's great about Bitcoin is that you don't really need to care much on what people use it for, as long as you can use it for your preferred purpose.
Your wallet and your coins, then bitcoin is the responsibility of the owner, no third party will manage it.
Used as anything it will not be a problem for others.

Here maybe we learn how people who have lots of bitcoins manage these bitcoins to provide long term benefits.
Because people will not hold bitcoins forever without any purpose.

Besides profit, I guess we all have different reasons I have mine for betting which is still going to be considered for profit. But one reason that anyone has not yet heard of I think was that Holding Crypto or BTC with you makes you attractive  Grin

Talking about someone's fascination with holding bitcoin, then you are indirectly showing off that you hold bitcoin, and then people start to get interested.
This will be dangerous for you if there are other people who have bad intentions to steal your bitcoins.
But as long as you still keep your personal address secret, then it can be avoided.

The reason for holding bitcoins just to make it attractive is a reason that will not be entirely true, because in the end everyone is holding bitcoins because the profits will be bigger.

LOL I was just kidding. I'm sure that survey would just be for binance marketing. CZ will always promote crypto all for the promotion.
Even if it's true I wouldn't show off anyone on my facebook, I didn't even use my real name on facebook nor have a real image there.

Majority in crypto by now are up to making more money not just hedging their wealth against rising inflation. Although I would believe many will actually see that survey to be real. Every altcoin community today has girls on it and is surely attracted to someone with big holdings.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Dickiy

Activity: 910
Merit: 471

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 07:00:42 PM

snip
Before talking about losses and gains, I think I have to measure how long the long term is meant because maybe as we know bitcoin is quite volatile and has a 4 year cycle, if the word holds for 4 years or 10 years I think the value we have in bitcoin can be say profit because the price of each cycle rises and continues to rise especially if the moment to sell it is during a bull run. The long term loss of holding bitcoin I don't think is nothing, because the value you invested before has multiplied over time.

████████▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
████████▄▄▄    ▄▄█▀▀▀██▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄███████▄
  █▀██████▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀██▀▀▀███
  ██████▄██▀▀▀██████▀█▄ ███
  █▄ ▀▀ █████████████████
▄  ██   █▀████████████▄█ █
▀█  ▀█▄ ▄████████████▀▀▄██
 ▀█   ▀████████████████▄█▀
  ▀█▄    ████▄▄██████▄▄██▀
    ▀▀█▄▄ █▄▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀
████████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Seabet.io
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
SPORTS
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
🎰.
CASINO
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
tread93

Activity: 1185
Merit: 539

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 07:08:37 PM

I think most people HODL their coins because basically they expect it to be worth much more in the future. And thats just it. BTC is so limited I am not sure you quite understand how rare it is compared to the world population. 21 millions coins for 8 billion people. With the halving of the coins making it much harder to mine for will also increase the future price due to supply and demand for BTC. Long term holding is not for the faint of heart.

famososMuertos
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 2793

Concurso 🎂 Predice BTC:31M. Asiste Tablero

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2023, 07:19:22 PM

Oh! Demons here too with your context... (OP)  Wink

I think your post is going more to speculation, since in the essence of bitcoin the price is not a question to wonder why they keep or not sell, it is bitcoin, let's start there.

So, I think you anything else is to enter into speculation about why to sell or buy, the thing is that lately I find that when someone comes up with that "price" argument, and it is valid to wonder why holding for so long, in a general sense, is the why? on bitcoin to trade, but perhaps it is not the essence of the discussion in the premises of bitcoin.

That is the essence of why the misunderstood bitcoin does not work for traditional minds, which always put it on the cross, so just as it always rises (revive).

Knowing bitcoin for its price is very valid but you should also know why something like this it was launched, it was not just the fact of becoming a millionaire.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2023, 07:25:28 PM

Basically the promise of greater yields and the fact that it's your little but effective effort at ensuring that bitcoin doesn't die during these down times. Bitcoin may seem invincible nowadays but if everyone or a good majority of the people who held it sold it, the whole cryptocurrency industry will crash to the ground along with it. That in itself is one of the biggest reasons why someone would hold on their bitcoins no matter the situation. Some also hold because they already tanked significant losses and selling their coins will only make their losses even worse because then they wouldn't have nothing to depend upon anymore, especially when bitcoin recovers and increases in price. So a plethora of reasons really.
Bananington

Activity: 1428
Merit: 344

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 07:51:05 PM

It is possible that Long term holders can still experience loss after waiting, there is always that danger with any investment generally. But people who are new to investing in bitcoins are told about the need to be able to wait long term before selling their bitcoins because bitcoin is not something you should invest in today and expect to get rich quickly by tomorrow, unless long term investment is not in your plan. You are told to hold long term to ensure that you do not have the idea that investing in bitcoins today will make you rich tomorrow.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 08:14:42 PM

I hold as a hedge against fiat, and

in hopes that it will go up in price.

My question is, Does a miner get to keep the bitcoins he successfully mines, if he wants?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: