Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the solution to underfunding? Nigerian Fluidcoins sold to Blockfinex.  (Read 30 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4150

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2023, 05:31:25 PM

Nigerian Fluidcoins sold to UAE-based Blockfinex after failing to raise cash
Blockfinex, a Barbados and Seychelles-registered crypto exchange company, has acquired a 100% stake in Nigerian crypto payment gateway startup, Fluidcoins for an undisclosed sum. The founding team of Fluidcoins will continue to work on the product, making this an acquihire. The news of the acquisition, first reported by TechCabal, was confirmed by Danny Oyekan, the founder and CEO of Blockfinex. Dan Holdings Limited, a web3 ecosystem and venture fund, and the parent company of Blockfinex, facilitated the deal.

“This acquisition was driven by a decision to venture into Wallet as a service business and crypto payment processing and scale it across the world,” Oyekan told TechCabal. The acquisition includes all Fluidcoins entities, including Flip and Fluidshops. Flip by Fluidcoins, a crypto wallet launched about five months ago, allows users to earn interest on their stablecoins, purchase airtime, top-up virtual calls, and send peer-to-peer social payments within the app.  Fluidshop, on the other hand, is a free online store created for entrepreneurs, freelancers, businesses and digital product owners. It helps them to showcase their products and services, make sales and accept payments in cryptocurrency, particularly stablecoins.
Read more;https://techcabal.com/2023/02/16/fluidcoin-sold-to-blockfinex

Now my questions/worries be say, this no be the first news I dun read of companies outside the country acquiring our products/startups and this thing begin worry me. You mean say we no get investors in this country wey fit put money together raise funds for this startup so dem go dey independent instead dem been acquired by this companies that re only looking for means to generate revenue for themselves and their CV.

Why are Nigerian projects finding it difficult to raise funds for their products and what can be done to eliminate this problem?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majestic-milf

Activity: 784
Merit: 589

View Profile
February 22, 2023, 06:40:19 PM
Merited by Die_empty (2)

From wetin I read about the news, e be like say Lanre Adenowo, CEO of Fluidcoins bin run out of cash and nah wetin prompt the fire sale. To am, e be like say instead of am to fold up from liquidity crunch, e good to sell off. Now according to your question, e be like say no be just this Blockfinex put offer for table for the acquisition o as we read say the likes of Payday, a cross border company and also another open banking startup offer to buy but Lanre no gree.
 The issue of underfunding dey affect businesses more due to the fact say e dey force promising companies to just fold up or force the owners to sell off; as in the case of Fluidcoins. But as to the solution, aside from getting investors, e go good if person get a plan b wey e fit fall back to.
 I feel say we fit get good investors for naija wey go invest in our ideas and products, but some of them go dey too greedy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SatoPrincess

Activity: 966
Merit: 703

View Profile
February 22, 2023, 11:59:51 PM

Fluidcoins don’t qualify as a startup. I’m sure they made a calculated risk before taking the decision to sell the company. I don’t see this as a bad thing or a problem facing Nigerian fintech companies, it’s common practice for entrepreneurs to build businesses and sell it to bigger companies later on. For BlockFinex to acquire the company means there is a lot of profit in the market. I hope the new owners keep the business in Nigeria and employ our people in management roles and high position roles in the company.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄