Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain  (Read 65 times)
Edcrypto91 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 12

You are an anonymous friend if you promote Bitcoin

View Profile
March 01, 2023, 07:49:39 PM

I recently read an article about the basis of creation of new crypto currencies and I discovered it is all about programing where you could create your block chain, modify an existing Blockchain or make your based on an existing one.
I am only not clear with what happens to your crypto if you based it on an existing Blockchain and that block chain eventually crumbles?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 01, 2023, 07:54:30 PM

I am only not clear with what happens to your crypto if you based it on an existing Blockchain and that block chain eventually crumbles?

Then the blockchain you made will simply cease to exist. A blockchain having zero nodes running is just like deleting a file or like a torrent file reaching zero seeders.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
March 01, 2023, 11:10:32 PM

If you made a token on a blockchain and that blockchain stopped being "maintained" (ie mined) the value of your token would have probably become worthless before the chain did. If it didn't, you'd be able to take a snapshot of the blockchain at a time and tell everyone their coins are available on a different chain (most snapshots are announced before they occur to stop actors like exchanges from stealing money, but they don't have to be).
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2023, 11:46:11 PM

Your crypto will become worthless or lose value if the main blockchain crumbles because the underlying blockchain support no longer exists and there is no assurance that your crypto will survive.

However, it may be necessary to migrate your crypto to another blockchain or network to make sure it's survival like other coins out there they migrate to ERC20 or TRC20 to survive.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sarah Azhari

Activity: 882
Merit: 741

View Profile
March 02, 2023, 01:01:58 AM

what is clear is your crypto is still there, you can still watch and track it, but don't have a value like other members said above.
Maybe true that other experts said, if you save the file on blockchain, your file is saved forever until doomsday or internet shut down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: