Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:56:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Jones’ UFC 285 opponent Ciryl Gane joins board of MMA NFT game MetaFight  (Read 47 times)
Hydrogen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 01, 2023, 11:05:37 PM

Gane's involvement brings real-world expertise to the game as MetaFight offers a way to support young MMA athletes.

MetaFight, the web3 game that allows players to manage a gym and train MMA fighters, has announced that UFC heavyweight number one contender Ciryl Gane has joined its board ahead of his landmark fight with Jon Jones at UFC 285 for the vacant heavyweight title.

MetaFight NFT card game
The game features different cards, including Gym Cards, Trainer Cards, Fighter Cards, and Bonus Cards that players can customize according to their preferences, such as grappling, wrestling, or striking. The game will be available on both mobile and desktop devices.

MetaFight runs on the Immutable X layer-2, which offers improved transaction speed, lower fees, and better security. Players can earn rewards by participating in matches and leagues, with rewards ranging from NFTs to cryptocurrency or points. The game also allows players to trade cards with other players and bid on high-value cards in marketplace auctions.

Furthermore, data for each fighter is sourced from real-world MMA data providers, meaning real-world results influence the NFT cards.

Helping young athletes

Gane explained that he joined the MetaFight board as he has “always followed closely the new technologies related to sports.” He further stated that he believes the MetaFight “remuneration model will help young athletes go further in their sport.”

The NFT cards will be used to unlock rewards from different gyms, organizations, and fighters as a form of fan membership. According to the whitepaper, “some leagues may have special rewards during a limited time: merchandising, sponsor’s products,[and] invite to events.” Therefore, similarly to how musicians are using NFTs to help grow their fanbase, MMA athletes and organizations now have a way to build a decentralized following that is not tied to any centralized platform.

Regarding Gane joining the board, Julia Mahé-Emsallem, the CEO of MetaFight, commented that Gane will “allow us to be closest to understanding the challenges of great champions and help us make the game as true to life as possible.”

The alpha release of MetaFight is available now via the dApp.

https://cryptoslate.com/jon-jones-ufc-285-opponent-ciryl-gane-joins-board-of-mma-nft-game-metafight/

They're marketing this NFT game called MetaFight as being beneficial to young athletes.

One criticism some have made of the UFC is it not allowing fighters to have sponsorship banners or apparel at UFC events.

These conditions lead to UFC fighters searching for other forms of sponsorship and promotion outside the cage.

I can't say I'm familiar with the game MetaFight. Has anyone tried it. Is it good?
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 02, 2023, 06:56:28 AM

They're marketing this NFT game called MetaFight as being beneficial to young athletes.

One criticism some have made of the UFC is it not allowing fighters to have sponsorship banners or apparel at UFC events.

These conditions lead to UFC fighters searching for other forms of sponsorship and promotion outside the cage.

I can't say I'm familiar with the game MetaFight. Has anyone tried it. Is it good?

This platform will have good potential in terms of marketing if Gane wins the heavyweight championship I am also not familiar with this Metafight but if it becomes successful we have more UFC fighters joining this platform, MMA fighters should be allowed to have sponsorships just like what boxers are doing, UFC's greed is not good for the welfare of these MMA fighters, yes they have large promotions but these fighters are what kept UFC exciting to watch.

Apocollapse

Activity: 980
Merit: 757

View Profile
March 02, 2023, 04:05:54 PM

It looks like a pay to win game where the rich person can buy an unique card which is has a statistic advantage, I never play this game since I'm quite sceptic about NFT games which mostly scam and have a bad graphic. Does the game will be fight with each other? or it's just a card game? a card game will be boring because you will not see the actual fight where you can really control the fighter inside the octagon.

bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 02, 2023, 04:22:58 PM

I already lost interest in NFTs when the ones I have already lost their value since 2021. But Web3 though is getting more interesting because of this stuff.

It should be good, this is allowing the UFC athletes to make money without Dana getting too nosey about them. If they can wear something else in the game and earn thru it, why not. No harm in earning through Metfight. Metafight should not just limit these to UFC, they can go as well to KSW or PFL or in boxing too.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███