Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing a word of a seed. Will it break safety?  (Read 207 times)
Synchronice

Activity: 854
Merit: 778

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 10:15:23 PM

Hello!

I have a question regarding the creation of the seed. I already have a seed of 24 words.
12 words seed phrase is already enough! You don't need 24, 48, 96, 192, 384, 768, 1536...

From this one I would like to change one of the words using a dice or coin to make it random, and thus create a new seed, in doing so it will also change the 24th word checksum.
My doubt is, will that change break dangerously the randomness and security of the process? Is this as safe as creating a new seed completely? Would it be safe to create different seeds just by changing one particular word?
I appreciate your comments.
And what's the point? If seeds are randomly generated, they are random anyways. I assume you think like one randomly generated phrase can be weaker than another randomly generated seed phrase. I think that you can't increase randomness of randomly generated seed phrases. And when you manually change randomly generated phrases, then it's not random, even though you used dice or coin.

As I am learning about bitcoin I decided that I don't want to trust my hardware wallet, and I prefer to create my own seeds doing variations of a randomly generated seed, like here:
Why? What's wrong? Are you creating a new bitcoin exchange with tens of thousands of bitcoins?
What do you think about possibility of your pc having a hardware backdoors? If your PC has hardware backdoors and somehow wirelessly connects to special super-secure servers without your permission and detection, then I think there is no way to escape.
Seriously, relax.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀