Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:32:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if: USDT is unpegging and collapsing in the next days - Possible strategies  (Read 118 times)
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196

Signature Space For Rent

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2023, 08:01:11 PM

USDT already gain over 50% of the stablecoin market. So if USDT starts unpegging then the whole crypto market will crash again. USDT holders will lose funds, and at the same time, all cryptocurrency holders will be affected. Some other stablecoin would rule the market again like USDC. There should be the existence of some stable coin to evaluate cryptocurrency value. So if you are worried then move your funds to solid stablecoin or fiat. So you are safe even if the whole market collapse.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 08:10:21 PM

Its funny that when this thread was started the OP was worrying about tether depegging but instead the complete opposite happened and it actually "overpegged" because people were selling USDC into Tether.

This is proof that unless you are holding Bitcoin or Ethereum in a secure cold storage wallet then nothing is really secure out there. Who knows what bank will fail next and cause another depegging or exchange shutdown.
Cryptoababe

Activity: 800
Merit: 19

Do it For Better Humanity (Bitget trader)

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 10:41:34 PM

Now we've seen usdc depegging. Although, I know it's temporary. USDT is still stable and strong. It has survived most depegging FUDs. I think its the strongest stable coin for now. And its not controlled by anyone or backed by any organisation. So, I can say that its still more decentralised.

➡️    BITGET  ⬅️ │    SIGNUP  │➡️ 𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐠𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐊𝐂𝐆𝐈 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒⬅️
►  𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐅𝐎𝐑  𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆   ◄
>>>       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Discord      |       <<<
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: