Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happening with USDC?  (Read 309 times)
AllYourBitcoinRBelong2Us (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 07:21:36 AM

Not really sure how all these stable coins work but how did a stable coin that is supposed to be equal to one US Dollar go down in price? Huh
Cee2
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 08:17:01 AM

Stablecoins are privately issued.
Just because circle says it’s worth $1 doesn’t mean that the market sees it this way.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If USDC dies like UST I think the stablecoin market is finished in its current form.
If a super centralized Organisation with this much backing goes under honesty nobody stands a chance.
There is only one entity that can say $1 USD is worth $1USD and that’s the US government.

3DPass: Proof of Scan (PoScan) Consensus Mechanism that makes the tokenisation of objects onto the blockchain trustless, decentralized, secure and limitless. This will revolutionize decentralized identification, asset tokenisation of anything and everything from gemstones to precious metals.

Homepage - https://3dpass.org/
cryptoresearcher2

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2023, 08:23:03 AM

Not really sure how all these stable coins work but how did a stable coin that is supposed to be equal to one US Dollar go down in price? Huh

circle just confirmed yesterday 3.3 billion of its reserves were in silicon valley bank that went bust
Cee2
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 08:27:58 AM

Woah looks like it’s not just USDC but also DAI and USDD.

If three of the top 10 stablecoins go down in my opinion all current stablecoins will go down.

3DPass: Proof of Scan (PoScan) Consensus Mechanism that makes the tokenisation of objects onto the blockchain trustless, decentralized, secure and limitless. This will revolutionize decentralized identification, asset tokenisation of anything and everything from gemstones to precious metals.

Homepage - https://3dpass.org/
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 09:24:32 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2023, 09:54:47 AM by rhomelmabini

If USDC dies like UST
You should have known that the case with UST and USDC are totally different here. You think Coinbase or BlackRock won't be able to cover the loss here? I wouldn't be able to tell but it's telling me they can.
Edit: https://twitter.com/DefiIgnas/status/1634417367265734656?t=2-uPwIEAzez2eHvGnJLA5A&s=19

Woah looks like it’s not just USDC but also DAI and USDD.
The case with DAI is explainable but I don't know the case with USDD depegging too, maybe just because from panic sellers.
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 09:29:07 AM

USDC is made by Circle.

Circle has $3.3B deposits in Silvergate bank.

Silvergate bank files forced liquidation and that means a lot for Circle and mostly affecting USDC.

See news: Crypto bank Silvergate announces liquidation amid sector turmoil

Just like the collapse of UST and Luna, that means a lot to the market which affects the entire whole crypto market but I don't think that USDC will be ending the same as UST/USTC. And whenever there's sort of news like this, the involved crypto whether it's a stable coin or an alt coin, it's always been affected and getting a lot of dumps which results to its value goes down.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 782

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 10:38:27 AM

USDC is made by Circle.

Silvergate bank files forced liquidation and that means a lot for Circle and mostly affecting USDC.

Just like the collapse of UST and Luna, that means a lot to the market which affects the entire whole crypto market but I don't think that USDC will be ending the same as UST/USTC. And whenever there's sort of news like this, the involved crypto whether it's a stable coin or an alt coin, it's always been affected and getting a lot of dumps which results to its value goes down.
USDC has nothing to do with UST; it won't have the same fate. However, this is denting trust in cryptocurrencies, especially stablecoins. Do you believe that the USDC will recover? We are already seeing other stablecoins depegging; even BUSD has suffered losses, though minimal, and it's still below $1. DAI has also suffered a major decline, dropping to $0.93. This doesn't look too optimistic, and it may cause another huge crash in the market. This may also cause the end of stablecoin staking.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 11:22:27 AM

USDC is made by Circle.

USDC has nothing to do with UST; it won't have the same fate. However, this is denting trust in cryptocurrencies, especially stablecoins. Do you believe that the USDC will recover? We are already seeing other stablecoins depegging; even BUSD has suffered losses, though minimal, and it's still below $1. DAI has also suffered a major decline, dropping to $0.93. This doesn't look too optimistic, and it may cause another huge crash in the market. This may also cause the end of stablecoin staking.
I've said that it won't be ending the same as UST, what I'm telling is its collapse for now means a lot to the market.

I believe that USDC will still recover, it's far from the collapse of UST and we both agree with that. As long as Circle will remain committed to its production and development of USDC, many will still believe them that this just has to pass.

I like DAI and it didn't really looked when it fell to $0.93, it has gotten me some worry but I'd still trust it as it's still not that too deep. Who knows if by tomorrow they'll even fall below $0.8 but hopefully, not.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 11:49:07 AM

USDC is made by Circle.

Circle does not have a $3.3B deposit in Silvergate, it is on another bank, SVB or Silicon Valley Bank. See this tweet from the official Circle account: https://twitter.com/circle/status/1634391505988206592.

Based on monthly the latest Jan 2023 attestation, Silvergate is one of another bank who Circle held the reserves. As we know, besides SVB which goes bust, Silvergate the bank is also closing down its business, but it will come with full repayments of the deposit.

Contratry to UST, I don't think it will have the same effect, the market got swayed down is certain, but the degree if USDC going collapses will be much significantly deeper, note that DAI is also affected.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 782

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 02:21:59 PM

~Snipped~
My main concern is that this collapse greatly affects the market. I don't mind the recent fall of Bitcoin; I'll receive more BTC through my signature campaign, and I'm happy about that, but FUD is going to spread all over cryptocurrencies again, which, as I said earlier, is putting a dent in how people perceive cryptocurrencies. Hopefully, I didn't have any USDC, only USDT and BUSD, and although I also believe (and hope) that it'll recover soon, I doubt that it's going to crash even further.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Oneandpure

Activity: 2086
Merit: 307

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 02:26:03 PM

Could be second time bad issues after dropping with stable coins from Luna network as USTC and right now faced problem with USDC after price dropping almost $0.92. There are not exact detail what happening with USDC and how possibility price drop drastically as stable coins, worry will USDC become the next USTC?

Nowadays, I am not trust any more with many kinds of stable coins except with USDT, there are many possibility with other stable coins network although with BUSD have potential drop one days later, keep saving your fund in trusted stable coins or better hold Bitcoin and Ethereum is more benefic than stable coin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1874
Merit: 1394

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 02:49:27 PM

USDC:because usdc works clear we know that it has a reserve in bank system and some of it is gone it's price affected from this
USDT:because we are not sure that bigots where they hold their reserve we wont know if 3b usd of them dissappears , so if that bitch goes it will be sudden.
UST: that bastards pegged this so called stablecoin to another altcoin and gave %20 interest, it went inevidable death spiral.
DAI: they are asset backed and some of their assets were usdc
usdc and dai were honest, at least on paper, others not.
MAAManda

Activity: 1526
Merit: 711

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2023, 02:56:53 PM

Many have explained here about why the USDC depeg phenomenon could occur, at first I only believed in USDC because based on the underlying, those who have real USD assets to issue USDC, but with this incident, I don't know where else to trust, because like what we know is that USDT is not fully backed by real USD, meanwhile BUSD also had issues some time ago which had something to do with Paxos.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cryptoresearcher2

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2023, 03:07:23 PM

USDC is made by Circle.

I've said that it won't be ending the same as UST, what I'm telling is its collapse for now means a lot to the market.

I believe that USDC will still recover, it's far from the collapse of UST and we both agree with that. As long as Circle will remain committed to its production and development of USDC, many will still believe them that this just has to pass.

I like DAI and it didn't really looked when it fell to $0.93, it has gotten me some worry but I'd still trust it as it's still not that too deep. Who knows if by tomorrow they'll even fall below $0.8 but hopefully, not.

most likely will not be ending the same way but 3.3 billion $ is not chump change, that's serious money to lose.
also might take years to come to a conclusion as the bank goes in to bankruptcy...ect
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3769

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2023, 03:58:09 PM

I'm going to take a gamble by transferring about $500 and exchanging it to USDC, and let's see if I can make an easy 8% profit or if it's a big loss for me.
As for what happened, it is because of the $3.3B deposit in Silvergate, and we hope that they have enough liquidity to reassure users, otherwise the effect will be closer to a domino.

DAI using USDC As a basic reserve, along with several reserves, so it is normal to know that the price has decreased for them.
Based on the list of markets, Kucoin has a lot of USDT pairs.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 04:05:48 PM

Probably because of many issues with their other investments and the current movement of the whales, don't panic because USDC can survive this since there's no major issue against them aside from the liquidation news and as you can see its value started to recover after dropping that much. If I have funds right now, I will always take risk to buy USDC at such price, this is temporary and they can solve this one because we can't afford another stablecoin to ended up like UST.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 08:26:16 PM

I think because there has been a lot of bad news saying that, then these things can happen and one of them happened to Silicon Valley Bank where they are rumored to have 25% of the total supply of USDC so it becomes a FUD for USDC.
but we can also see that 1$ is not always worth 1$, I believe that if half of the total supply of usdc is sold en masse then the value will drop below 0.5$.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 09:34:30 PM

It was a domino effect, with their partnership with the other projects which is currently having a problem. Worry no more because the currency price is already at $.96 which i think is already a good and might be back to be more stable in the coming days. I know the trauma of many because of what happened to UST, but I think the situation of USDC is quiet different, they are more organized compared to UST.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
March 11, 2023, 09:43:16 PM

Could be second time bad issues after dropping with stable coins from Luna network as USTC and right now faced problem with USDC after price dropping almost $0.92. There are not exact detail what happening with USDC and how possibility price drop drastically as stable coins, worry will USDC become the next USTC?
Panicking might also be the reason especially we already have bad experience from UST, but I read some news that the price drop because the failure of their partnered bank which holds a lot of USDC. Though it looks ok now and more stabilized, I think it can still result to a trust issues with the stablecoins. Honestly, I’m not holding any stablecoin now for the same purpose, better to convert into Bitcoin for now while they are still having problem.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1734

To the moon

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2023, 09:43:53 PM

The CEO Circle Jeremy Allaire tried to explain in detail on his Twitter what happened to USDC and and Silicon Valley Bank - https://twitter.com/jerallaire/status/1634649346535833601?s=20 And it looks like he managed to reassure investors, as the price increased to $0.978 Obviously, someone has made a very good profit on this Fud today.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: