Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:36:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing bitcoin to local communities/villagers  (Read 414 times)
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2023, 07:45:01 PM

Introducing Bitcoin to local communities and villages can have its own set of benefits and challenges. On the one hand, this can provide opportunities for financial inclusion and empowerment, especially for those who may not have access to the traditional banking system. It can also facilitate cross-border transactions and potentially increase economic activity in the area.

It is important to note that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be volatile and risky investments. It is very important to educate individuals about the potential risks and benefits of using Bitcoin for transactions.

And the work you do with introducing a Bitcoin trading system may require significant infrastructure and technology support, which may not be available in some communities in the form of introducing a mobile banking system or other digital payment platform that is more accessible and easier to use for those with access to technology. limited.
Bitcoin is a volatile and versatile project in the space, it's served multiple tasks. Introducing Bitcoin to the undeveloped minds, people that have no single idea on what cryptocurrency is all about is definitely a difficult tasks and there's more harms to be done to them if they're not proceeding with good basis of crypto. Buying gifts and sharing it within the villagers brings them more hope for a better future, and the serious ones will achieved their dreams while the ones with doubts will hinder to take a step further in the space.

Stake VIP wager

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hannahB4

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 07:59:53 PM

You have done well but my concern is what are they going to invest? Bitcoin investment is not a business you venture into and you will long for profit in the next six months, you might say you have taught them about entrepreneurship and all but I think what is best for them is a business that will give them a daily income and after this, they might save to invest. You can't do it all but this is just a suggestion.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Iroh

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 08:40:15 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Folks, my village is too poor and local, no beauty, no good living. Each time I remember them, I shed tears because nothing enticing about us. Our father's need help, our mother's sold leafs and fruits for survival, children are unhealthy, youths are uneducated and jobless, there is no good communication network in my communities, government never cares about us, is been ages of living like the bushmen and massacre.

Surely there must be something that you must be proud of in your village. I always like to also notice the good things in any bad situation and while you would say there isn’t any beauty in your village, I’m sure there are people who would think differently about it.

That being said, I don’t mean to trample on your efforts to try and introduce bitcoin to the residents of your community but what exactly would you have them do with the information. You mentioned that the locals are too poor; how then do you expect them to set aside money from the little they’ve got to either invest or trade in bitcoin. Most likely they won’t be inclined to part with their hard earned fiat currency to invest in something they probably haven’t heard about before.

Would you also let them in on how volatile bitcoin is and how very quickly they could lose their money with trading? Bitcoin cannot solve all the problems of man and I doubt it could much to help alleviate your village from poverty.
It might be difficult but you should consider holding your representatives in government more accountable like you guys did with having network connection in your community.
mendace

Activity: 462
Merit: 613

Pizza Maker 2023 | Bitcoinbeer.events

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2023, 09:14:10 PM
Merited by fillippone (2)

You have done well but my concern is what are they going to invest? Bitcoin investment is not a business you venture into and you will long for profit in the next six months, you might say you have taught them about entrepreneurship and all but I think what is best for them is a business that will give them a daily income and after this, they might save to invest. You can't do it all but this is just a suggestion.

Bitcoin must not be an investment to make a profit but it must be an investment made with the awareness that you are freeing yourself from the chains that oppress your financial freedom and especially in countries like those of OP they give you the opportunity to shelter your savings given that the majority or almost all are unbanked.
armanda90

Activity: 980
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 09:54:58 PM

Introducing Bitcoin to local communities and villages can have its own set of benefits and challenges. On the one hand, this can provide opportunities for financial inclusion and empowerment, especially for those who may not have access to the traditional banking system. It can also facilitate cross-border transactions and potentially increase economic activity in the area.
Its not always have advantage side when introducing about Bitcoin to local communities because can't guarantee with bitcoin keep stable and higher price before getting impact when bitcoin price drop. I agreed with many people try to introduce bitcoin for their local communities but many of them not respect to us when bitcoin going dump.

Having bad experienced and respond from many people when getting loss but some of them forget us when earn profit from Bitcoin, but use bitcoin as payment currencies is better than traditional banking system without give advantage for member after long time saving their money in the bank.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
March 21, 2023, 10:18:08 PM

Sometimes people misunderstood the basic things of bitcoin, because I believed that introducing bitcoin the villagers cannot reduce or liberates them from the ratio or rate of poverty, my reasons is that Bitcoin cannot give them a quick money rather sort out their financial challenges,  because from initial people has been encouraged to use their reserved money for investment of bitcoin due to the disadvantage might occur during the time of investment,  and from my perspective I don't think its ideal to educate someone who is aged of bitcoin because it won't be able to comprehend fast the usage and functions of bitcoin in a manner a young adult will understand bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cozytrade

Activity: 1098
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 03:19:11 PM

I don't think poor villagers should be learning about Bitcoin trading as it needs investment. I get the whole idea to associate Bitcoin with a way to grow wealth, but its major usecase is as a store of value, which means the holder already has some money to invest in it and hedge against inflation.

Those locals should be learning skills they can use to earn a living without much capital. OP you can try partnering with some NGO to bring such training there and with time some can earn enough to be able to buy a few days and start building their stash.

I think it is a waste of time because these villagers are only interested in survival. These youths need vocational and technical education to enable them to earn some income. Where do you expect an unemployed youth to get money to invest in bitcoin? From your teaching environment, I am not sure your targets or audience understood most of what you are explaining.

And it is glaring that you are introducing Bitcoin to them as a get-rich scheme because you are introducing it to them as an immediate source of income. 
Informing one about Bitcoin does not require investment. One can also gain knowledge about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies only which can be utilized later. Moreover, the price of Bitcoin was not so valuable in the beginning. Maybe a little expensive altcoin can change one's fortunes.
If someone wants to know about Bitcoin then it is our responsibility to explain it to them. Because the more people know about Bitcoin, the more popular Bitcoin will grow. You seem to be not very interested in Bitcoin. I feel that from your post. But I  I don't know how much you love bitcoin but I think the more popular bitcoin gets, the more bitcoin price will go up. Hopefully bitcoin will get better.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀