Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What role does tokenomics play in successful altcoins ?  (Read 83 times)
FireDAOJackie_Z (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 06:05:17 AM

By definition, tokenomics is the study of parameters that determine characteristics of cryptocurrencies (cryptos) or cryptographic tokens to create economic value. We have witnessed many successful altcoins over the years such as ETH. To make it simple, tokenomics are generalized and implemented in different altcoins as an economic model. What do these successful economic models have in common ? Does this play a vital role in any success proven altcoins ? Please let me know your thoughts. By the way, I am with the FireDAO team, in charge of the global community. Please contact me if you have any questions or interest. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 06:19:38 AM

By definition, tokenomics is the study of parameters that determine characteristics of cryptocurrencies (cryptos) or cryptographic tokens to create economic value. We have witnessed many successful altcoins over the years such as ETH. To make it simple, tokenomics are generalized and implemented in different altcoins as an economic model. What do these successful economic models have in common ? Does this play a vital role in any success proven altcoins ? Please let me know your thoughts. By the way, I am with the FireDAO team, in charge of the global community. Please contact me if you have any questions or interest. Thanks.
Ethereum is an open source, public, distributed computing platform based on Blockchain technology. It features a smart contract (Smart Contract), which facilitates online contract agreements. The block reward works continuously for efficient token distribution. The project released more than 7,000,000 Ether units during its ICO in 2014 to begin widespread adoption. As of now, there is no limit to Ether. This means that the supply of this Token can continue to expand as the system grows. However, no one can be sure how Ethereum Tokenomics will change when the system moves to PoS.
As projects that create microeconomies, to be able to sustain and grow further, they need to figure out how tokens should work in the ecosystem through Tokenomics. This action can create a dynamic platform that still has to be developed in a stable way.

FireDAOJackie_Z (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 02:35:59 AM

Ethereum is an open source, public, distributed computing platform based on Blockchain technology. It features a smart contract (Smart Contract), which facilitates online contract agreements. The block reward works continuously for efficient token distribution. The project released more than 7,000,000 Ether units during its ICO in 2014 to begin widespread adoption. As of now, there is no limit to Ether. This means that the supply of this Token can continue to expand as the system grows. However, no one can be sure how Ethereum Tokenomics will change when the system moves to PoS.
As projects that create microeconomies, to be able to sustain and grow further, they need to figure out how tokens should work in the ecosystem through Tokenomics. This action can create a dynamic platform that still has to be developed in a stable way.

The key point is how to make tokens work and sustain in the ecosystem. ETH, as you mentioned, is quite a typical example. What ETH has achieved is proven success and it initiated an era of the framework of how cryptos work based on blockchain technology. The unlimited Ether units is an issue especially when the system moves PoS. How tokenomics still works fine afterwards affects all users and investors' confidence. I guess so far everything is good. Although there are many side chains or ecosystems coming these days, a lot of models, patterns or ideas are still copied from Ethereum. Looks like the big names are influential in every aspect.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 04:00:56 AM

Tokenomics is very key to the success of a project and if you picked the wrong one the project may be doomed for life, the quality of the team, the concept of the project, and Seed funding/IDO, I think tokenomics is the next. A lot of good projects did not make it because the team messed up their tokenomics which later resulted in the burning of their tokens to appease investors and everything in this space is perceptions. I believe one of the things that hindered the success of Algora blockchain is their tokenomics,  because most people I spoke to and what I read say the tech is up there with the best. So don't mess up your tokenomics because of greed from the developers that want to get paid in full from the start.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 10:45:00 AM

Tokenomics plays a big role in success of altcoin as it defines token utility, influences its price, incentivizes holders, and attracts investors. Well-designed tokenomics models ensure stability, transparency, and long-term value, impacting factors such as supply, demand, and ecosystem participation.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
siniminomorocomunisakito

Activity: 350
Merit: 33

View Profile
March 18, 2023, 10:50:41 AM

My opinion One of the key components of a successful tokenomics model is the utility of the token. Tokens must have clear use cases within a well-defined and desirable ecosystem. This can incentivize users to hold tokens, which can increase in value over time. In addition, tokens must be designed with limited supply to maintain scarcity and encourage demand.

Another important aspect of successful tokenomics is token distribution. Altcoins that have a fair and transparent token distribution model are more likely to earn the trust and support of investors. This can help build a strong and loyal community that can contribute to the growth and sustainability of altcoins.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 01:44:10 PM

I think it is very important to remember this could basically make a project go away on the first days. You can have the best tokenomics as you possibly could and still not be doing well at all, but you could be doing terrible as well, because in the end just because you have a great tokenomics doesn't mean that you will be doing awesome neither.

However, if you have a terrible tokenomics then it is 100% guaranteed that nobody will ever care about you and that project will die. So that means you need to have a proper tokenomics, even if it means that you will not be doing well, it still means that you are not doing terrible right from the start.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 02:41:56 PM

I think the tokenomics are one of the most important factors when you are making a decision if a project is worth investing in or not. Bad tokenomics can destroy a project even if all the other aspects of the projects are great in my opinion. For example if there were huge amount of tokens sold in the seed or private sale rounds and if those tokens are not vested long enough and were sold with a price that was way lower than the listing price, then the sell pressure of those early investors will be extremely high and the token will have a very hard time to keep a stable price or even increase it's price. Also if the allocation for the team is higher than 15% then this is also already a red flag for me.
Yogee

Activity: 1540
Merit: 412

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 03:11:39 PM

I would rank tokenomics in the middle in the order of importance. I would rather observe what the team would do after the initial hype is gone. They better show that they are willing to deliver their promises and plans despite the sharp decline in token value.

I think it is very important to remember this could basically make a project go away on the first days. You can have the best tokenomics as you possibly could and still not be doing well at all, but you could be doing terrible as well, because in the end just because you have a great tokenomics doesn't mean that you will be doing awesome neither.
Isn't this what many scammers do to gullible "investors" nowadays? They take advantage of the fact that one of the recommended methods in determining which project is legitimate and for long-term is by looking at their tokenomics. So they make the best presentation possible to hype the project by giving out all these great token features and economy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
firesurfer

Activity: 745
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 04:22:42 PM

Reasonable token allocation makes the value of the project stable and does not lose much of investors' money. Token allocation is also related to the project's angel investors, the backers. Allocate tokens against dumping. DEFI projects have a unique operating structure like Curve that keeps the value of CRV stable. There are many other projects, so in my opinion token metrics are very important and play a big role in the success of the project.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 05:38:14 PM

Does this play a vital role in any success proven altcoins ? Please let me know your thoughts. By the way, I am with the FireDAO team, in charge of the global community. Please contact me if you have any questions or interest. Thanks.
Yes tokenomics mark one signifcant reason for its price movement. It should be as detailed as possible cause you gonna have investors looking into its break down and how the token will be used for the succeeding years. Its allocation should be described adn concise as possible and people will see how balance it is for you guys to execute a really interesting activity.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Captain Corporate

Activity: 1974
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2023, 05:44:48 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2023, 06:40:53 PM by Captain Corporate

While we are talking about tokenomics, we should remember that this is a professional job and not an amateur thing. This means that if you want to write one, or starting a new project, then hire someone to write it and that means you would have a good one. Because if you end up writing yourself and not hire someone then you will end up causing a trouble and will not make anyone interested in your project. Just hire someone and you will be doing a lot better for yourself since its much better in the end for the project too and that means it will make the people who investwd in your project to have some return for their investment as well.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Lainta

Activity: 227
Merit: 38

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 05:54:23 PM

Successful altcoins typically have a limited supply, a clear use case, and a strong network effect. They also incorporate tokenomics to incentivize users, allow for governance, and create economic value. These factors play a vital role in the success of proven altcoins like Ethereum. By implementing a strong economic model, altcoins can create a foundation for long-term growth and adoption. If you have any further questions or interests, please don't hesitate to reach out.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
blockman

Activity: 2912
Merit: 627

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 08:19:20 PM

Of course, they do have a vital role in a project because that becomes one of the factors and basis of an investor's why we invest in it. Without such, do you think that an investor will be interested to throw money into it? I don't think that someone's gonna love to invest money with a project that don't have it. Although there are reckless investors that it won't matter to them whether they've got have or none of it because all they care about is the short term of lifespan of a project which can be seen through its hype and trend.

wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 08:25:35 PM

To me it's all smoke amd mirrors.  The project itself needs to be viable first and foremost.  I mean it comes into play but all these projects that inject these gimmicks is just a cover up for what they aren't really supposed to be doing.  If something seems to fancy its a dead giveaway to stay clear.  Limiting or expanding max supply, burn triggers, etc are meaningless.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
FireDAOJackie_Z (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2023, 02:46:31 AM

My opinion One of the key components of a successful tokenomics model is the utility of the token. Tokens must have clear use cases within a well-defined and desirable ecosystem. This can incentivize users to hold tokens, which can increase in value over time. In addition, tokens must be designed with limited supply to maintain scarcity and encourage demand.

Another important aspect of successful tokenomics is token distribution. Altcoins that have a fair and transparent token distribution model are more likely to earn the trust and support of investors. This can help build a strong and loyal community that can contribute to the growth and sustainability of altcoins.

Reasonable. And our team has never thought less about Tokenomics. If you don't mind, please refer to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5441307.0 to find our white paper which contains the Tokenomics of FireDAO. Hope you'll like it and look forward to your feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: