Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: unforgivable evil I did not commit.  (Read 648 times)
PowerGlove
hacker

Activity: 508
Merit: 3974

View Profile
April 08, 2023, 03:12:49 AM
Merited by hilariousandco (1), JayJuanGee (1)

The power of Christ compels you.

I don't think you should take the word literally but just that someone has previously abused the connection.
Makes me think of the "connection" speaking in Adam Sandler's voice, and explaining itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.suevie

Activity: 504
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2023, 06:15:34 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

- hilariousandco, thank you for step by step answer you gave to my post. I like the way you made the answers well formatted along with my questions. You said "evil" fee is to avoid people abusing some proxies. But why is the name "evil" used. It should have been an euphemism or to use a word synonymous to evil. I mean the "evil" on its own looks damaging and scary. Imagine coming to a forum and is immediately faced with an evil.

It's certainly the first time I've seen someone worried about this specific terminology but perhaps we could rename them? Naughty points? Mischief tokens? Cursed connection? I don't think you should take the word literally but just that someone has previously abused the connection.
Yeah I think the evil phrase really spookes most new comers especially if you are from a religious country like mine. To be honest I was shocked and surprised too when I was first directed to the forum, at first I tried to open an account by myself after been showed the website link but I had this evil note dropped at my screen and immediately I had to accuse the person who directed me and I told him he wants to defraud me as this was a common trend in my place  Grin and I was surprised towards the fees am supposed to pay and I had lost every intention as I was already having an ill view towards bitcoin but he carefully guided and tried opening with a proxy vpn and for some reasons it worked for me and since I have enjoyed and gained so much here.   So like you said I think  the evil welcome note needs to be changed to something more appealing or some lighter word or sentence.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 06:58:38 PM

I was told that I have 186 units of evil that I have to atone. I was asked to pay very small amount of bitcoin but I refused to pay, not because I can't pay but due to the elementry knowledge I got from jury.  If I pay for an evil I did not commit, it means I have agreed that I committed the evil or I am an accomplice.
You're absolutely right about the logic of admittance by paying the "evil" fee. That will be a possible verdict in a competent court – If you didn't do it, why did you pay the fine. This evil fee wasn't a thing when I got registered here in 2017. It was much later I learnt new users were getting directed to pay such. It would've discouraged me in my days if it was there. One, for the fact that I haven't had an experience of paying to access any forum, I would've just abandoned my account. Secondly, because I knew next to nothing about Bitcoin before coming here, I would've left too. How would I've known how to buy Bitcoin and then send it to the wallet address provided by default?

*If I could actually be whitelisted for free, why make me wait for months or why make here difficult for people to access?*
The whitelist option was made available after a lot of veteran users criticised the fee. It may not have been there when you first registered. I'm just guessing. However, the whitelist is to encourage users who have genuine intention coming here, and not those whose intention is to farm accounts and then cheat on campaigns with their farmed accounts.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Activity: 560
Merit: 513

Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2023, 12:03:54 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), uche6215 (1)

The power of Christ compels you.

Oh sweet Christ 😍

Yeah I think the evil phrase really spookes most new comers especially if you are from a religious country like mine. To be honest I was shocked and surprised too when I was first directed to the forum, at first I tried to open an account by myself after been showed the website link but I had this evil note dropped at my screen and immediately I had to accuse the person who directed me and I told him he wants to defraud me as this was a common trend in my place  Grin and I was surprised towards the fees am supposed to pay and I had lost every intention as I was already having an ill view towards bitcoin but he carefully guided and tried opening with a proxy vpn and for some reasons it worked for me and since I have enjoyed and gained so much here.   So like you said I think  the evil welcome note needs to be changed to something more appealing or some lighter word or sentence.

I just imagine if I were faced with this evil note! and without wanting to pay the evil fee, that means I would have just lost my username 😂. Maybe I would have then used a VPN to create a new account with the username Dr Bitcoin_strange123, which would not have sounded any better to me or some people here.

On a second thought, it seems it's because of these evil tags that some people add numbers to their usernames because, after creating the first account with their desired username that has been tagged evil, they will end up creating another account and adding numbers to it.

But I have a question though: why can't this evil be totally removed? It could be a barrier to some potential newbies who really have something to discuss, but when they can't reply or post, they may just get bored and leave.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
April 11, 2023, 04:07:55 PM

The evil fees concept was introduced back in 2015 by @theymos to put extra restrictions on users who were banned on forum and if you have IP address corresponding to that user you get evil points attached to you so more the evil points the more fees you will have to pay.You did not commit anything so you were lucky to get your account without paying anything but if you are interested in reading more about it you can find it here

There are few restrictions like you can't post images but as you get 30 activity points you will rank up to junior member as you already have 15 merits (1 required) so you can do so and other PM related restrictions will also be removed but still read them about details following the forum rules to help you not violating any other rule because it will be considered your fault even if it's unintended.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Zoomic (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

My post made philipma1957 wear signature

View Profile
April 12, 2023, 09:31:21 PM

@all, thank you for messages and directions. Luckily I have seen where the idea of the evil fee came from as far back as 2011. There is this link shared by gmaxwell a bitcointalk staff member. I had to read the conversation through and I found where one Diablo(who theymos later made a global moderator) suggested to theymos to make people pay BTC for new accounts.  I think theymos later accepted his suggestion which is what is seen as the evil fee today. Check in the image 4 red dots and you will see the suggestion.

d20 roller dnd

When you read the documentary, it seems that there was a kind of heated troll and spamming targeted to hijack the forum but people fought with theymos that time. Good to read old stuffs like this ; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203621.0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: