Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is storing bitcoin is more secure in iPhone than in an Andriod phone  (Read 360 times)
danadc

Activity: 966
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2023, 08:45:22 PM

I have my own Wallet on my phone, but I don't have it with a lot of balance, I have about 10usd in bitcoin, and I have it as an emergency measure, I know a friend who was eating at an ice cream parlor and when she left, they robbed her, among the Things that were stolen was her phone and she lost the private key and everything she had there, so these things can happen and I would be very angry if something like that happened, apart from that she did not store her private key elsewhere and she had 200usd, the key He had it privately in his email and he does not remember his email password, things got complicated for him.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
March 26, 2023, 08:56:16 PM

iOS is safer, like it is also safe to have your wallet on a Mac device. This is because there are simply more viruses that focus on more popular systems. Even if it is not the topic you should consider storing your bitcoins on a paper wallet which is free and very secure.

It is, but this is like choosing between drinking vodka or drinking beer. You will eventually get drunk, just that vodka will most likely take you down faster, but it also depends on the way you drink.
An apple phone might be less exposed because there's simply more malware being targeted at android users, but holding bitcoin on a phone is a bad idea, regardless of the manufacturer.

You could say that windows is more dangerous to use than iOS and linux is the safest, but that doesn't mean linux users aren't getting hacked. It all comes down to how you use your computer.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 26, 2023, 10:08:32 PM

It depends on how you can secure each tool. Even if it's an iPhone or Android phone, if you can't secure it, it can still be hacked by someone else. This is how we can keep our iPhones and Android phones from being hacked so that it remains entirely our responsibility.

One way to guard against this is to be careful how you install any app and always make sure it's safe. If possible, we can use the iPhone and Android phones only to store bitcoins or altcoins on the phone and not for our daily use. So it will be safer.
Nheer

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2023, 10:48:53 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

Most of us keep our bitcoin and crypto in wallets stored in either iPhone or Andriod phones. Even we have an exchanges accounts app on our mobile phones.

Since,  iOS offer better security and low chance of malwares etc, is it better to buy an iphone to store our crypto or even an Andriod phone is enough for this purpose?

Android devices are easy targets for malicious software, and iOS devices may offer more security against malware, but in my opinion, keeping your cryptocurrency in wallets on these devices carries the same risk since they're both connected to the internet and as such, neither of them is secure enough. It has been suggested not to store your cryptocurrency or any sensitive data that will lead to your crypto assets online because people are smart enough to figure out how to access anything online.

is it better to buy an iphone to store our crypto or even an Andriod phone is enough for this purpose?

Whichever one you choose to utilize to store your cryptocurrency doesn't really matter in my opinion, you just need to be extra careful. I advise against using these systems to keep a significant quantity of assets.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
DoverDoane

Activity: 156
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 03:30:35 AM

iOS is stated to be secure than Android as there is limited number of applications available for iOS than Android. For Android quite often we can see list of applications creating security issues and requested from developers team to remove from the smartphones for better security of the device. Non custodial wallet on mobile devices seems to be secure and for better security I prefer to have separate smartphone which have got only the wallets application. Only for transaction purpose I connect it to internet, rest of the time the smartphone will be offline.

For iOS security it's better than Android and this is an old story that can't be denied, it would be safer if you had a Crypto wallet like bitcoint on the iPhone because it's safer with minimal risk of hacking, not all applications can enter via iOS compared to Android which can sometimes damage the system from as a result of third-party applications that are installed automatically, but again it all depends on the user.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 04:05:02 AM

I am an Iphone user though I also have android solely uses for extra internet using because I know that Iphone security is more effective comparing to android phones but this does not mean I can rely my funds and security in those phones instead like what you have mentioned? it is safer to have separate off line wallet for safest storing of your funds.

but it is good to ask this here because we also knew that there are only few that can afford buying hardware wallets than their free to install online wallet.

I have my own Wallet on my phone, but I don't have it with a lot of balance, I have about 10usd in bitcoin, and I have it as an emergency measure,

I also have some funds and of course at least 100 dollars and up for some personal using or emergency crypto buying and paying.

leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 04:10:10 AM

Most of us keep our bitcoin and crypto in wallets stored in either iPhone or Andriod phones. Even we have an exchanges accounts app on our mobile phones.
Since,  iOS offer better security and low chance of malwares etc, is it better to buy an iphone to store our crypto or even an Andriod phone is enough for this purpose?
Note: We know hardware wallets are the best alternative but here we are discussing about Bitcoin is more secure in iOS or in an Andriod based phone.
Both Android and iOS wallets are connected to the internet so it cannot be said that IOS mobile wallet is more secure than Android. iOS will provide you security for your offline documents but since the wallet is internet based.  And since the entire fund's safety depends on a private key, you must first ensure that your private key is stored in a secure location. And if your private key is stored well and securely then your crypto will be safely stored everywhere, no matter if it's Android or iOS.

iOS is stated to be secure than Android as there is limited number of applications available for iOS than Android. For Android quite often we can see list of applications creating security issues and requested from developers team to remove from the smartphones for better security of the device. Non custodial wallet on mobile devices seems to be secure and for better security I prefer to have separate smartphone which have got only the wallets application. Only for transaction purpose I connect it to internet, rest of the time the smartphone will be offline.

For iOS security it's better than Android and this is an old story that can't be denied, it would be safer if you had a Crypto wallet like bitcoint on the iPhone because it's safer with minimal risk of hacking, not all applications can enter via iOS compared to Android which can sometimes damage the system from as a result of third-party applications that are installed automatically, but again it all depends on the user.
IOS will provide security that iPhone will not be easily hacked but iphone will never provide security that your private key will be safe if you don't keep it safe. And if someone gets someone's private key then of course he can transfer all the funds in that wallet  Then it doesn't matter whether the wallet is on iPhone or Android.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 04:32:01 AM

You already stated that Cold storage is the best for Bitcoin, the point of this discussion is to point out which one of Android or iPhone is better secure for Bitcoin storage.

Although based on statistics it is very easy to say that iPhone is more secure but I think the device is as secure as the user behaviour. A security conscious Android phone user won't have a problem with his stored Bitcoin and a carefree iPhone user will end up being exposed to thieves.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 08:30:44 AM

I don't know which one is the best to use and therefore i have raised a question here  Smiley
Sorry if it's not clear for you, what I meant the best one is hardware wallet where you was mention it before, either you use iOS or android, you still carry a same risk if you use it for your daily driver and connected with internet.

I know a friend who was eating at an ice cream parlor and when she left, they robbed her, among the Things that were stolen was her phone and she lost the private key and everything she had there, so these things can happen and I would be very angry if something like that happened, apart from that she did not store her private key elsewhere and she had 200usd, the key He had it privately in his email and he does not remember his email password, things got complicated for him.
Look, your friend have done 3 mistakes here for being careless.
1. She left her phone.
2. Not create any back up in other medias.
3. Storing her back up on email.

She need to learn how to prepare at the worst case since she was taking easy with anything.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 08:46:22 AM

It depends on how you can secure each tool. Even if it's an iPhone or Android phone, if you can't secure it, it can still be hacked by someone else. This is how we can keep our iPhones and Android phones from being hacked so that it remains entirely our responsibility.

One way to guard against this is to be careful how you install any app and always make sure it's safe. If possible, we can use the iPhone and Android phones only to store bitcoins or altcoins on the phone and not for our daily use. So it will be safer.

Never heard that iOS devices has been hacker before. Never heard that if iOS device is locked, then someone was able to unlock it and get inside. Some geeks only managed to reset or completely erase information on iOS devices in the past (the era of jailbreaks). Yet again, that info can not be restored later, when you set previously erased device as a new. The only way to steal something from iPhone, is if its owner store private keys and passwords in Files>iCloud drive. Yet again, those files can be accessed from infected PC, so this is not a direct iPhone hack.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6259

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2023, 03:07:13 PM

Be aware that there are 2 exploits in the wild now for iPhones / iPads that are being actively exploited that give the hacker they are both a sandbox escape and a privilege escalation so make sure you are running the latest updates that Apple just pushed out over the last day or so:

https://www.securityweek.com/apple-ships-urgent-ios-patch-for-newly-exploited-zero-days/

Phones / anything connected to the internet is NOT secure. And you should only store money that you can afford to lose in a phone. Since they keep finding vulnerabilities.

PCs are not better, and I don't care what OS you use.

Cold storage only for any real funds.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FrozenBit

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2023, 03:10:43 PM

I understand that information security doesn't just depend on what operating system the phone is on, consider many different factors, such as the overall security of the device, performance, features and price. iPhones and Android phones each have their own advantages and disadvantages, and making the best decision should be based on your own needs. n terms of security, the iPhone has a proven environment and is heavily protected by Apple. However, Android phones also have premium security features and a malware monitoring ecosystem, but this depends on the manufacturer. You can learn more about security and choose your device carefully. You should consider other phone features, such as screen size, performance, hard drive, battery, and other features relevant to your usage needs. You should also consider the price of each device and choose the best one that fits your budget.
SatoPrincess

Activity: 980
Merit: 703

View Profile
April 08, 2023, 08:34:10 PM

Generally it’s been said that iOS devices are more secure than android. As for which is better for hodling bitcoins, I would chose android over iOS because android supports Electrum wallet. Apple also has some good wallets like Blue wallet but I prefer using Electrum as it offers users the option of cold storage. Your security really depends on how you manage your device, and how you store your seed phrase.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
borovichok

Activity: 1148
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2023, 02:57:16 AM

Generally it’s been said that iOS devices are more secure than android. As for which is better for hodling bitcoins, I would chose android over iOS because android supports Electrum wallet. Apple also has some good wallets like Blue wallet but I prefer using Electrum as it offers users the option of cold storage. Your security really depends on how you manage your device, and how you store your seed phrase.
A debate that will never slide through because everyone have their personal opinion on how they view things. From my perspective, IOS are weigh better and faster than android phones, the only thing android phones are good at is long life span of battery. Furthermore for storing Bitcoins, I'm sticking with android phones, they exhibit Electrum strong firewall and they're mostly used for storage of coins. It's safer out there when one is confident about the circulation of coins in his portfolio. Managing our devices is our top priority, most of our sources of incomes are from our phones, been working entirelessly inother to get safer ways to discreet my 12 phrases.

Stake VIP wager
mich
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1032

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 09, 2023, 04:15:56 AM

Well I do not store any of my bitcoin on mobile devices. I just think this is too risky for being a victim of a hacker or of some other type of attack.
For us to be safe with our bitcoin just use a hardware wallet. This way no one can ever have access to it. And unlike a mobile device that you can lose this will not happen with hard wallet if you store it in a safe place.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
April 09, 2023, 11:07:17 AM

Both operating systems have pros and cons. I'm an Android user and I once stored all my Bitcoin portfolio on the device. I have never been hacked before. And that's because I practice common senses. User is the #1 reason for security breaches. To answer your question, despite being a loyal Android user, I'd say iOS has better security. As the OS is closed source, hence any vulnerability is hard to discover.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
BVeyron

Activity: 1652
Merit: 936

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 01:51:49 PM

Note: We know hardware wallets are the best alternative but here we are discussing about Bitcoin is more secure in iOS or in an Andriod based phone.

I suppose it depends on the other soft you use: if you overcome standard protection settings in order to install and launch nonofficial programs, then neither Android nor ios are secure enough. And if using a phone only in standard way while having a wallet, then its pretty the same. And what's the best option - it's to have multiple phones with multiple wallets (not multiple phones with the same wallet, and not one phone with multiple wallets).

Freddie Boyer

Activity: 252
Merit: 20

Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
April 10, 2023, 03:29:10 PM

Yes, As we know most of us store cryptocurrency in wallets stored on mobile devices and With iOS offering better security features and lower possibility of malware, Well the question arises whether one should buy iPhone to store their crypto or if android phone enough for this??

While it's true that iOS devices are generally considered more secure due to the closed source operating system and strict app store policies. Android-based smartphones have also proven to be more secure due to the use of an open-source operating system and the ability for users to change security settings.

I think the security of Bitcoin storage ultimately depends on the individual behavior of users and the precautions they take and iOS and Android devices offer encryption features that can be leveraged to protect sensitive data, such as cryptocurrency wallets. Additionally, using a reputable wallet provider, enabling two-factor authentication, and keeping your device's operating system and apps up to date with the latest security patches are important steps in securing your Bitcoins.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: