Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is P1 miner reliable ?  (Read 128 times)
Greggry (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 07:59:20 PM

A friend of mine is mining P1 instead of bitcoin and he was trying to convince that P1 mining is great and it has a good features, is easy to navigate and mining P1 can explore you on high demands financially.  How true is this P1 mining App?  Have you use it before? What's the basic difference from bitcoin features?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2023, 08:42:36 PM

A friend of mine is mining P1 instead of bitcoin and he was trying to convince that P1 mining is great and it has a good features, is easy to navigate and mining P1 can explore you on high demands financially.  How true is this P1 mining App?  Have you use it before? What's the basic difference from bitcoin features?

What is P1?
I hope you don't mean the well-known scam called Pi ("i" not "1") coin, where some points are collected in the application and for some unknown reason it is called mining. yes, it has no links or similarities with bitcoin, it is not even a cryptocurrency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 12:30:42 AM

Let me guess, you can do it on your phone.

This is just a scam to use your IP address to click on paid links. They get paid real money and you get worthless tokens.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 09:19:08 AM

The First Digital Currency You Can Mine On Your Phone
Start mining Pi cryptocurrency today with our free, energy-light mobile app!
https://minepi.com/

KYC
https://minepi.com/blog/pi-day-2023/
Become a KYC validator. Once you successfully get KYC’ed and complete the checklist to migrate, contribute to allowing more Pioneers in the network to get KYC’ed and migrate by becoming a KYC validator in your country and region. The speed and throughput of a region’s progress in KYC and migration depend on the abundant availability, accuracy and responsible work by crowdsourced human validators. Join forces to speed up the KYC and migration process in your region. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PunN6cyHE&ab_channel=PiNetwork

I do not like this project, I would not install this application on my phone. But if you buy a phone for mining and it has a reasonable payback period, then you can try.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Greggry (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 08:49:46 AM

What is P1?
I hope you don't mean the well-known scam called Pi ("i" not "1") coin, where some points are collected in the application and for some unknown reason it is called mining. yes, it has no links or similarities with bitcoin, it is not even a cryptocurrency.

Yes, I'm talking about the Pi. I guess is fake the opinion I have received so far. People can just wake up to exploit people with unproductive Apps for mining bitcoin and altcoins
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 10:02:26 AM

A friend of mine is mining P1 instead of bitcoin and he was trying to convince that P1 mining is great and it has a good features, is easy to navigate and mining P1 can explore you on high demands financially.  How true is this P1 mining App?  Have you use it before? What's the basic difference from bitcoin features?

What is P1?

Yes, I'm talking about the Pi. I guess is fake the opinion I have received so far. People can just wake up to exploit people with unproductive Apps for mining bitcoin and altcoins
You can use any application to earn cryptocurrencies, even if it is not mining. There is nothing reprehensible in this. You need to find out the minimum requirements for a phone, buy a few used phones cheaply and try it if you are not afraid of KYC.
And in order to use the phone to the maximum, you need to find a few more similar projects. Maybe it will be possible to earn money to buy equipment for mining.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 12:36:00 PM
Merited by Halab (2), Lafu (1)

You can use any application to earn cryptocurrencies, even if it is not mining. There is nothing reprehensible in this. You need to find out the minimum requirements for a phone, buy a few used phones cheaply and try it if you are not afraid of KYC.
And in order to use the phone to the maximum, you need to find a few more similar projects. Maybe it will be possible to earn money to buy equipment for mining.

Bad advice!

Most "phone" mining is a scam and the KYC is a big part of it. They claim KYC as the excuse to collect user info.
You never need KYC to mine, it's only needed when you want to exchange to fiat.
It is possible to mine using a phone but there is only one legimitate miner that I'm aware of and you mine POW algorithms
just like any other miner. But it's a waste because it will earn much less than even a small desktop or laptop CPU.

It's best to avoid anything claiming to be phone mining.

Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3043

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 02:28:17 PM

Bad advice!

Most "phone" mining is a scam and the KYC is a big part of it. They claim KYC as the excuse to collect user info.
You never need KYC to mine, it's only needed when you want to exchange to fiat.
It is possible to mine using a phone but there is only one legimitate miner that I'm aware of and you mine POW algorithms
just like any other miner. But it's a waste because it will earn much less than even a small desktop or laptop CPU.

Very true and i agree on that.
And in the past there was already something about some User data and Informations was sold from that Pi mining KYC.
I mean its now years since that all started with that Pi mining and as for today there was not really anything good that happend about it.
Mining with your phone is also a risk that your data or details gets stolen or in the worst case you get hacked.

JayDDee

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 03:55:33 PM

Most "phone" mining is a scam and the KYC is a big part of it.
Very true and i agree on that.

It's a recipe for ID theft. First they get you to install their app, convince you that it needs all kinds of permissions,
then they use the KYC excuse to collect anything the app couldn't collect.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 11:38:15 AM

You did not understand me. I am against KYC.
And if you find a person who agrees to undergo this procedure for money?
Does this violate our community guidelines or our laws?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 12:40:04 PM

The problem is phone mining in general, recommending that in any way is bad advice. There is no good reason to do it even if it's real POW.
If they require KYC just to "mine" it's a guarantee the main goal is data collection from the user.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2023, 12:50:46 PM

this is not only about KYC, but about the fraud called Pi coin and its "mining". in a way, it seems like you are giving him advice on how to do it instead of stating the plain facts that Pi is just a waste of time.
KYC is only a consequence and in some cases a necessary evil, but a fake phone mining app should not be considered for passing KYC at all.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 12:53:48 PM

The problem is phone mining in general, recommending that in any way is bad advice. There is no good reason to do it even if it's real POW.
If they require KYC just to "mine" it's a guarantee the main goal is data collection from the user.
I wrote about buying several used phones for this "mining". You will not store important data on these phones. I'm not sure that the data on the user's phone is protected because many programs spy on the user.

this is not only about KYC, but about the fraud called Pi coin and its "mining". in a way, it seems like you are giving him advice on how to do it instead of stating the plain facts that Pi is just a waste of time.
KYC is only a consequence and in some cases a necessary evil, but a fake phone mining app should not be considered for passing KYC at all.
If you don’t like projects with KYC, then what’s the problem with buying an inexpensive used phone to earn tokens from other similar projects, if it’s profitable? The phone consumes little power. You can even sell it later. What are your risks?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 03:04:03 PM

What are your risks?

Wrong question but already answered.
What are the benefits? None! Not even for real POW mining on a phone.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2023, 12:20:47 PM

What are your risks?

Wrong question but already answered.
What are the benefits? None! Not even for real POW mining on a phone.
You can continue mining with a profit of 10 cents from one video card or less. Or you can turn off the mining farm and do nothing.
You can also buy expensive PTX4090 video cards, which give a good profit now, but it is unknown how they work at a distance.
But with small investments, now you can work only on "telephone mining". There are risks in any such business, but if you are afraid or in doubt, then wait for a new wave of GPU mining.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

View Profile
April 02, 2023, 12:43:10 PM

(nonsense deleted)

Do whatever you want but it's irresponsible to advise others to follow your stupidity.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: