Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 11:16:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaining some rep  (Read 1020 times)
apso (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 10:57:44 AM

Hi,

I'm currently trying to make some business in the bitcoin market. I sell digitals goods such as WoW gametime cards, and I'll probably sell cd-keys and stuff if things goes well.

Problem : I'm new here, people doesn't trust me yet. And nobody's gonna buy something from a new guy who could be a scammer. And as long as I didn't sold anything, I'll be a new guy for a long time.

So, do you have some tips you would like to share about gaining some reputation on a marketplace like this one ? Thanks.
coin_toss

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 11:52:50 PM

You could begin be selling your gametime cards at a special discount rate, process a number of successful transactions, and then up your prices when you have built up sufficient trust
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 12:04:25 AM

Deal with trusted users and send your item first. After you get a few positive ratings from trusted users it will be easier.

The bitcoin-otc channel also has a nice community of people trading stuff for bitcoins. They have a web of trust based on GPG keys to mitigate fraud.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 03:10:04 AM

Another thing you can do is post a bond with a trusted member so that you can bootstrap off of their reputation. They then hold onto those funds for a specified period of time, and if you turn out to be a scammer, they can pay out any claims from that fund. Thus, people only need to trust the bond holder, not you.

If you're selling to people individually, you can also state that you'll accept using an escrow. One such escrow is http://btcrow.com/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: