Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a Mining Pool  (Read 749 times)
FluffyMuffin005 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 11:59:55 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I am looking to create a mining pool in the very near future.  I saw some posts on these forums about it, but they were fairly dated.  I thought I saw previously that Antpool had a cloud template available for standing up your own mining pool, but I cannot find any details at this point.  I already have the mining infrastructure available so that is not of a concern.  Let me know if anyone has any feedback or if anyone might be interested in collaborating on this project.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sledge0001

Activity: 582
Merit: 149

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2023, 12:55:16 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2023, 02:37:59 AM by Sledge0001

I would tell you personally that hat I've been down this road and there are inherent issues with all of the open source mining pool code that's out there.

Simply put don't trust any free pool code that's out there even as a starting point.

I concluded after many fruitless tests with most open source pool code and efforts to work with others in the space to get something useful built is a waste of time.

The only solution for me was and still is to start coding everything uniquely from the ground up. It's the only way to make sure the code is controlled and written properly and works the way you intended it to.

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 02:30:30 AM

I already have the mining infrastructure available so that is not of a concern. 

You don't need any mining infrastructure to operate a mining pool, the same way you don't need to operate a pool to run the mining infrastructure.

With that said, there are no plug-and-play pools that can be deployed as a final product, start by looking at open-source projects like Ckpool, I know that someone recently deployed a pool and had to hire Con Kolivas to make the Ckpool operational. 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2023, 02:57:13 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2023, 03:07:33 AM by Sledge0001
Merited by mikeywith (4)

With that said, there are no plug-and-play pools that can be deployed as a final product, start by looking at open-source projects like Ckpool, I know that someone recently deployed a pool and had to hire Con Kolivas to make the Ckpool operational.  

I did reach out to CK to help me and offered him a fair compensation to help code up something using his base code but he politely declined. This of course after KitKatz went rogue on me which wasn't as kind...

It's actually a good thing since at this point I'm deep into fully unique pool code which some assumed i wouldn't be able to do or figure out.

There's nothing better than proving someone wrong when they make assumptions about your skill level or determination.

Wink

mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 05:30:52 PM

I did reach out to CK to help me and offered him a fair compensation to help code up something using his base code but he politely declined. This of course after KitKatz went rogue on me which wasn't as kind...

It's actually a good thing since at this point I'm deep into fully unique pool code which some assumed i wouldn't be able to do or figure out.

There's nothing better than proving someone wrong when they make assumptions about your skill level or determination.

Wink

It's great to hear that you got the pool code sorted out, if everything goes according to plan, you might start doing what CK refused to do, offer a service to those who want to run mining pools.

On a side but related note, the pool I talked about started not too long ago, so not sure why CK would do that pool but not yours, maybe he didn't like your offer?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2023, 12:14:40 AM

It's great to hear that you got the pool code sorted out, if everything goes according to plan, you might start doing what CK refused to do, offer a service to those who want to run mining pools.

On a side but related note, the pool I talked about started not too long ago, so not sure why CK would do that pool but not yours, maybe he didn't like your offer?

It sounded like he just didn't want to partner up with anyone. I can respect that.

It's really all good though as this forced me to dive in headfirst which I must say given what is being discovered is greatly to my benefit.

BTW... This captcha shit is whack...

mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2023, 02:00:05 AM

It's really all good though as this forced me to dive in headfirst which I must say given what is being discovered is greatly to my benefit.

Ya, his previous partnership didn't seem to have ended well, I also remember him saying that he doesn't want to partner with anyone anymore, not too long ago in the Cksolo pool thread.

BTW... This captcha shit is whack..

April Fools' Day, I am sure it will be gone in a few hours, and by the way, you can just ignore it and still be able to post. Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FluffyMuffin005 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2023, 04:14:05 AM

Thank you both for the replies and I appreciate all of the candid feedback.  I am still looking to move forward with this project, but it seems like the best option would be to build a mining pool from scratch.  Would either of you (or anyone in this forum) know of any solid software dev teams I could hire for something like this?  Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 06, 2023, 07:47:47 PM

Reminder you have to trust everyone who develops and runs your pool for you,
forever, and assume none of them will keep access to your servers and abscond with any of your BTC.

Simplest solution is to actually e.g. run solo on my pool if your aim is a sizeable hash rate running on your own.
Then your trust is just me and you also don't have to pay people to run the pool, handle alerts and problems and be responsive 24/7/365
Have a read: https://kano.is/index.php?k=pool
There are other options for large miners.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
FluffyMuffin005 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2023, 05:18:10 PM

Hi Kano,

Thank you for reaching out as well as the offer to join your pool.  We are working on a pretty large project at this point which is why we are looking to start our own.  I know there is definitely a lot of trust that needs to go into this, but we will have the appropriate check and balances for everything.  Let me know if you happen to know a Software Dev Company you could refer me to or if that is something you might be interested in participating in as well.

hZti

Activity: 952
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 09:13:23 AM

Thank you for reaching out as well as the offer to join your pool.  We are working on a pretty large project at this point which is why we are looking to start our own.  

If you are investing heavily into creating a pool then also dont forget, that a pool can only be successful if you have enough users on that pool. Only with a large enough hashrate you can have a steady income and dont have to gamble to find a block every few month.

This is also why many new pools fail, because they will simply not be able to find people to mine with them in the beginning. After the pool becomes more popular it also becomes pretty easy to find new miners however.
saha112

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2023, 06:59:01 PM

Hello! I can install such a mining pool for you! Write to:borodin.rn33@gmail.com
FluffyMuffin005 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2023, 10:37:05 PM

Hello! I can install such a mining pool for you! Write to:borodin.rn33@gmail.com

Sent you an email..
saha112

View Profile
August 02, 2023, 09:09:38 AM

Hello! The email did not come. Write in telegram:https://t.me/saha240678
decryptit

Activity: 100
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2023, 04:40:33 AM

How do you create a mining pool for testnet btc?
saha112

View Profile
October 02, 2023, 06:36:56 AM

On ubuntu server.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 02, 2023, 12:28:00 PM

Why on Gods little Green Earth would you want to?Huh Testnet has diff so low that it can be easily mined using a CPU or GPU.
The idea of a pool it to gather enough hash rate that one can mine HIGH diff coins....
Considering TBTC is literally worthless what would be the point?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
d3bt3

Activity: 51
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2023, 12:37:29 PM

Why on Gods little Green Earth would you want to?Huh Testnet has diff so low that it can be easily mined using a CPU or GPU.
The idea of a pool it to gather enough hash rate that one can mine HIGH diff coins....

Probably for testing of your mining pool software.

https://altquick.com/exchange/market/BitcoinTestnet
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 02, 2023, 12:47:14 PM

Probably for testing of your mining pool software.
Perhaps as step-1, but beyond proving you can combine workers it is still not a very worthwhile thing to do because of the very low diff. If you want to prove that new pool software operates correctly you need it to handle very high diff work

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
decryptit

Activity: 100
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2023, 01:05:49 PM

Do you have a suggestion on which pool I can use to mine testnet btc with a builtin GPU on my Windows computer?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: