Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do I need to start mining?  (Read 1277 times)
hymperion

Activity: 560
Merit: 456

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 08:49:38 AM

considering that with only $300 you do little or nothing in the first few months, he should still pay the first bills, trying the lottery would be suicide, he could pay bills for months before seeing (if he's ever lucky enough) any results.
there are small BTC miners from 4/500 dollars, they are efficient but obviously they don't make you a fortune, the ROI is very long but a bullrun could shorten the time.

or you could consider an apollo V1 or similar.convert what you mini to BTC and its the same

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 02:42:52 PM

considering that with only $300 you do little or nothing in the first few months, he should still pay the first bills, trying the lottery would be suicide, he could pay bills for months before seeing (if he's ever lucky enough) any results.
there are small BTC miners from 4/500 dollars, they are efficient but obviously they don't make you a fortune, the ROI is very long but a bullrun could shorten the time.

or you could consider an apollo V1 or similar.convert what you mini to BTC and its the same
There are no effective $300 BTC miners right now. Even if the electricity is free, for this price you can buy 2 old C9 or S9 ASICs, which will bring little profit and can break down without even recouping the investment. With 300 dollars you can only invest in altcoin mining.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kelonmusk

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

COMBO Network ex COCOS-BCX

View Profile
April 22, 2023, 01:01:19 PM

The minimum volume of income required to start mining cryptocurrency depends on various factors, including the type of cryptocurrency being mined, the hardware being used, and the cost of electricity in the region.

For example, according to NiceHash's profitability calculator, with an ASIC like the Bitmain AntMiner L7, which is currently one of the top-performing hardware on the platform, one can earn 0.00088500 BTC ($25.50) per day.

Regarding the second part of your question, while trading and mining are different activities, some of the same skills and strategies can be applied to both. In terms of starting mining with $300, it may be possible to purchase some basic mining hardware and start mining some cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum.

According to Hashalot, mining Ethereum requires hardware that uses electricity efficiently and has high computing power. It may also be possible to join a mining pool, which allows miners to combine their resources and increase their chances of earning rewards. I think, it's important to note that mining does not involve the same level of risk as trading, as the rewards are more predictable and steady.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 658

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
April 22, 2023, 05:05:34 PM

I know huge capital is required to meet up huge financial expectations, what's the minimum volume of income one can use to start mining? In a situations where you trade with different strategies and still hits wrong targets, if you apply or use same trading knowledge for mining won't one still loss in mining too? Because I don't have enough money with me, so am trying to cut losses if mining too will not favor me I will decided to venture into mining too again.

Can I start mining with $300 and grow from there?

I think the first question you need to ask yourself is at what price you will pay for electricity when you start mining. Then you need to run some basic math to understand if it can be profitable or not. Actually, mining operations, big or smal are quite intensive and competition is always around the corner. Mining with profit is hard, requires some initial investment and requires loads of time, availability and anothet shit load of stuff, even in very small scale.

Even if you want to purchase a single miner, put it at your home, you need a spot where you have electricity, internet connectivity, where the miner can scream and nobody bothers or you have to account for soun isolation. A part from that you should also consider proper ventilation! Just to start!

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 22, 2023, 06:29:47 PM

I know huge capital is required to meet up huge financial expectations, what's the minimum volume of income one can use to start mining? In a situations where you trade with different strategies and still hits wrong targets, if you apply or use same trading knowledge for mining won't one still loss in mining too? Because I don't have enough money with me, so am trying to cut losses if mining too will not favor me I will decided to venture into mining too again.

I think the first question you need to ask yourself is at what price you will pay for electricity when you start mining. Then you need to run some basic math to understand if it can be profitable or not. Actually, mining operations, big or smal are quite intensive and competition is always around the corner. Mining with profit is hard, requires some initial investment and requires loads of time, availability and anothet shit load of stuff, even in very small scale.

Even if you want to purchase a single miner, put it at your home, you need a spot where you have electricity, internet connectivity, where the miner can scream and nobody bothers or you have to account for soun isolation. A part from that you should also consider proper ventilation! Just to start!
It's also a miner risk to take like the cost of the equipment. Mining requires specialized hardware, ASICs ( Application Specific Integrated Circuits ) or GPUs , which can be expensive to purchase and maintain. You also have to problem energy cost, bitcoin mining requires a significant amount of electricity, which can be costly depending on where you live and the cost of electricity on your area.

Mining a bitcoin involves storing a large amount of cryptocurrency on your computer or in a wallet. This can be a security risk if proper security measure are not taken.

serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2023, 07:36:09 PM

Maybe possible if: a) you have free electricity b) know someone who is willing to rent an ASIC miner for a reasonable amount c) you start with obsolete hardware and shitcoin mining, converting shitcoins mined to Bitcoin.
cecilia.sw

Activity: 11
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2023, 06:40:30 AM

Avalon Miners are on sale at Canaan Shop. You can get an A1246 for less than $600.Maybe OP can consider it. Check ​https://shop.canaan.io/ or contact me at ​https://t.me/wongsiufong for inquiries. I am from Canaan Official
Patrol69

Activity: 560
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 12:46:34 PM

To know how much it will cost you to mine, you first need to know what you might need to mine. And by pricing those things you need to arrive at a baseline of how much it might cost you to mine. 
First of all, the basic things required for mining are a good quality computer, a hardware, powerful RAM, computer disk power etc. And some other essentials may be required.
You have to determine a price for all these things and after determining the price of these things you can get your calculation easily by calculating the total price.
Rupok

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 05:26:09 PM

It is not possible to buy any profitable Asic miner with 300$. Mining must have huge amount to get good profit.  To buy Asic miner you need good amount of money.Not only if you are interested in mining,Must be financially sound to manage both planned and unplanned expenses.Currently there are many sectors of mining but with such a small amount you cannot expect anything good.Not everyone is successful at mining, ASIC - which is currently one of the top-performing hardware on the platform, cannot be afforded by everyone.

2drive

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

The world is flat...

View Profile
May 11, 2023, 08:56:46 PM

When i think i want to mine bitcoin, i immediately think how many tens of thousands i have to spend on equipment, and then how much more i need to spend on preparing the premises, and then spend more time on all sorts of settings and monitorings) 300 bucks - nothing)

---- Where is my money ppl!? ----
ancafe

Activity: 1624
Merit: 693

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 07:42:06 AM

The costs that you use are much lower for initial trials in mining, even to meet the needs of standard working tools requires a much larger capital, not to mention talking about the cost of available electricity and maintenance of equipment in the event of damage.

Not the fastest way to generate BTC assuming a capital of $ 300, it's better to buy directly and try to survive in the next period of increase and you can try to raise capital first before being interested in trying to mine. I've seen how many people eventually have to quit because they can't afford to pay for equipment maintenance and so on.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2023, 09:04:36 AM

Mining is one of the profitable investment in the crypto world. But before one can mine, he/she must have the necessary equipment to start the mining. The capital amount to start is just a secondary plan. Once you have the devices to start then you can use the $300 to start the mining. To get ASIC device will cost you more than that amount you have said.

This simply means that $300 is not enough to start mining because @OP still needs money for the mining machine setup, and the capital amount to start isn't considered under the secondary plan, it should be the main focus because any plan you made without enough funding will never realize.

@OP, if your budget is just like that amount, it is not enough to buy a decent mining rig, so I guess you can just use it to buy Bitcoin at least your goal of having Bitcoin is still met even though it isn't from mining activity.

Maybe in 2014 that kind of price is still possible, because in those days the mini rigs were still cheap as far as I know. But now that amount will not really work. This op still lacks knowledge.

But I agree that it's better if he buys it with bitcoin and if he knows something about trading, it's better if he doesn't hold anything for long term or put it in staking like Binance. This is a slightly better option in the amount of 300$ as far as I can see,.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1620

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 18, 2023, 07:42:37 PM

For $300, you can only buy used old ASICs, which are profitable on condition of free electricity.
S9 Asic is very cheap, and you can buy it for 100-200 dollars, but this is for those regions and countries where the state pays citizens the cost of electric heating of a private house in winter in the form of subsidies.

Astanay_D40

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2023, 04:48:54 AM

With high setup costs, it may not be feasible to mine BTC with 300$. Try to find other options in this budget
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2023, 09:56:04 AM

You can literally start mining with the computer that you are using to post this topic on the forum. You just would not earn a lot since the computing power is considered nothing special (unless you have a really awesome and expensive hardware setup).

I think the question you want to ask is how much money do I need to invest into mining Bitcoin for it to become profitable by an x amount of percent, in regards to the money that I put in? That might be a bit more difficult to solve since you have to consider the costs of miners, electricity, internet, space and so on...

So the most necessary question to figure out your costs is: how much money, at minimum, do you want to make?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2023, 03:34:57 PM

You can literally start mining with the computer that you are using to post this topic on the forum. You just would not earn a lot since the computing power is considered nothing special (unless you have a really awesome and expensive hardware setup).

I think the question you want to ask is how much money do I need to invest into mining Bitcoin for it to become profitable by an x amount of percent, in regards to the money that I put in? That might be a bit more difficult to solve since you have to consider the costs of miners, electricity, internet, space and so on...

So the most necessary question to figure out your costs is: how much money, at minimum, do you want to make?
You can earn a few dollars a month mining on a computer if you are 14 years old and your parents bought you a computer and pay utilities. In Russia, such people are called "mom's miner". And the computer will probably need repair after some time. If you pay for utilities yourself, then in a few days you will realize that this is an unprofitable activity.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7858

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2023, 03:42:07 PM

he could buy an old L3+ point it to Nicehash and it will convert to btc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155554995741

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2023, 03:51:36 PM

he could buy an old L3+ point it to Nicehash and it will convert to btc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155554995741
Burn 800 watts a day to earn 10-13 cents a day.
https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/bitmain/antminer-l3-504mh
Litecoin will have halving in 74 days and the block reward will be 6.25 coins instead of 12.5.
After halving, you can forgive the seller for a discount. Even for an investment in altcoin mining, this is a small amount.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2023, 12:42:38 AM

Just Like you I want to start my own mining farm but like it or not it needs a huge capital that is obviously more than $1k to buy new gear I dont mention about shipping fee and then the electricity fee internet fee the list can go on. Especially if you live from third-world country like I did the money above 1K is expensive and that is a lot of money.

If you have free electricity  like totally free or still want to know the taste of mining you can buy a used miner ebay maybe on your local marketplace there is dozen.
For now maybe you can buy some used miner and sell it again for profit or do something else and I know is sad  Cry

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Flexystar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
May 22, 2023, 12:59:49 PM

Currently, there are no Bitcoin ASIC units below $300 mostly the price is above $1k but if you want to mine Bitcoin then you can buy 2nd hand S9 units zeusBTC is selling used units you can check it from this link below

- https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/

Then search s9 or you can try to check available units from here https://t.me/asicMinerChannel/5668 or contact offordscott here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1449095
He is not so active here unlike on his telegram group above.

There is no problem splitting your investment into mining and trading and you can grow in mining if your electricity rate is pretty cheap.

Just got myself informed from one of the post that I was discussing in that you can still buy upgraded version of Gekkoscience Mining USB stick. It is currently sold at 299 euros which is pretty cheap. It is embedded with ASIC chip and is able to mine at 350 GH/s.

This is not a bad option for the person who is just starting with the mining. Plus, there is no complicated set up behind the stick. It’s almost plug and play type of miner category. You can easily get along with the pool settings, learn more about it while mining and thus later can upgrade to new versions or bigger antminers.

I have not explored the website fully but they are from Germany and delivers world wide.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: