Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:28:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to backtrace my ADA purchase(need to pay taxes)?  (Read 69 times)
ykonto621 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 01:09:42 PM

Hi

I am from Austria(Europe) and I  have deposited ADA on to my bittrex account on the 10th of June 2018. But I dont know where I bought that ADA and to which price. I sold that ADA on February 2021.

Is it possible to backtrace where I bought my ADA before depositing into bittrex and to which price?

I have some info on my bittrex deposit history: the TxId and the address and the exact amount.

Which site do I need to put that information in to get more details?
Why you bully me

Activity: 148
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 05:15:41 PM

Hi

I am from Austria(Europe) and I  have deposited ADA on to my bittrex account on the 10th of June 2018. But I dont know where I bought that ADA and to which price. I sold that ADA on February 2021.

Is it possible to backtrace where I bought my ADA before depositing into bittrex and to which price?

I have some info on my bittrex deposit history: the TxId and the address and the exact amount.

Your bittrex should have all history just view and save it.
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2023, 09:30:00 PM

If you can access your account in bittrex, you can obtain your exact history, and if you do not know how to extract your trading list, contact the support team (some platforms have limits of six months to a year, after which you will not be able to see the past)

If you can't log in, type an estimate and tick that when you want to calculate taxes.

This is not tax advice, and may vary by country.
ykonto621 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 03:59:39 PM

If you can access your account in bittrex, you can obtain your exact history, and if you do not know how to extract your trading list, contact the support team (some platforms have limits of six months to a year, after which you will not be able to see the past)

If you can't log in, type an estimate and tick that when you want to calculate taxes.

I have access to my bittrex account. but what do you mean by "exact history"? you mean my order history? if yes, I have access to that too. but what I want to know is, how can I backtrace my deposits to my bittrex account? example: I deposited 1 ETH to bittrex but I dont know to which price I bought that 1ETH before depositing.
Yogee

Activity: 1554
Merit: 412

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 04:15:15 PM

You said you have the txid of the deposit you made to bittrex so I assume you have the adress of the wallet where it came from. Try to paste that wallet address on cardanoscan.io and go from there. If you can't trace back the source further then you'll have no choice but to use the earliest known date. You can go to coingecko and search for ADA's price history using their "historical data".
Beparanf

Activity: 2800
Merit: 766

Burpaaa

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 04:25:11 PM

Hi

I am from Austria(Europe) and I  have deposited ADA on to my bittrex account on the 10th of June 2018. But I dont know where I bought that ADA and to which price. I sold that ADA on February 2021.

If you purchase on 2018 then probably you are holding an ERC20 version of ADA and you can use etherscan.io to track the root of the transaction. Most of the time, you will see the name of exchange that you use on purchasing it if you purchased it on CEX since CEX wallet address is tagged by there name while DEX usually has a smart contract transaction note for swapping you purchase it on DEX.

It's important to determine what blockchain is your ADA to determine the suitable explorer to browse.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
April 14, 2023, 04:25:18 PM

I have access to my bittrex account. but what do you mean by "exact history"? you mean my order history? if yes, I have access to that too. but what I want to know is, how can I backtrace my deposits to my bittrex account? example: I deposited 1 ETH to bittrex but I dont know to which price I bought that 1ETH before depositing.
Yes, your order history. For deposits you can check your wallet address on when you've deposited it but to know exactly on which price you bought it, it should have to be on your order history as well.

I think there might have been some discrepancies if your asking on which price you bought those ADA token before depositing to your Bittrex account since that wouldn't be available on your order history but you can have an estimate if you know the timestamp before depositing it. You can check tradingview (or other price chart tools) or use Google to check on what was the price on the said date.

You can use this historical price data for ADA: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ADA-USD/history?period1=1528588800&period2=1681430400&interval=1d&filter=history&frequency=1d&includeAdjustedClose=true
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1215

Heisenberg

View Profile
April 15, 2023, 09:19:01 PM

I believe you can still access the Cardano address you used for depositing the Cardano into Bittrex from the exchange account.

Get the address and enter it into a blockchain explorer that supports Cardano such https://blockchair.com/cardano/ and then trace back the transactions from there. You will be able to see the time stamps and value of the Cardano you were transferring at the time, depending on the features in the explorer.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██