Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:42:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't report old posts [spam or shit post] to moderators  (Read 98 times)
_BlackStar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
April 17, 2023, 04:26:49 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2023, 05:23:38 PM by _BlackStar

Because of this topic, I tried to experiment with reporting some old posts to the moderators [spam, shit post and zero value], so that I find answers to what I doubt here.

Old post: We generally do not moderate posts this old for on-topicness, substantiveness, multi-posting, and other "cleanliness" issues.

I can actually come to one conclusion that reporting old posts is pointless as moderators will likely tag them as bad or unhandled. The warning above is very clear that moderators do not moderate old posts for any reason. So I'm going back to the old principle of still reporting the newest posts even if they are paltry compared to spam and posts that have absolutely no value for old posts - unless I am find malware or something dangerous.

To whoever the moderator handled my report, thank you for that.

This is just a warning to any of you who want to contribute to cleaning up forum spam by reporting it to the moderator, but if you want to continue for whatever reason, that's up to you.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16678

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2023, 04:49:15 PM

This is just a warning
But why? Nothing happens if a Report is marked as Bad. I used to think I should try to avoid them (for esthetic reasons), until I realized it's actually good to test the limits of what gets deleted once in a while.

It's trivially easy to find old worthless posts: just go to the start of the Altcoin boards and click one. But reporting them doesn't help at all, nobody reads there, so it's a waste of everyone's time to go through them.

I do report older posts once in a while though, for instance when an old spammer became active again. Or if it's link spam: deleting those post removes one more backlink from the internet.

Halab
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2025

I find your lack of faith in Bitcoin disturbing.

View Profile
April 17, 2023, 05:00:30 PM
Merited by _BlackStar (1)

The warning above is very clear that moderators do not moderate old posts for any reason.

No, that's not exactly what it is written. If there is a very good reason to report an old message (malware, doxing, etc...), report it and a mod will handle it (normally).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
_BlackStar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1236

View Profile
April 17, 2023, 05:21:56 PM

This is just a warning
But why? Nothing happens if a Report is marked as Bad. I used to think I should try to avoid them (for esthetic reasons), until I realized it's actually good to test the limits of what gets deleted once in a while.

It's trivially easy to find old worthless posts: just go to the start of the Altcoin boards and click one. But reporting them doesn't help at all, nobody reads there, so it's a waste of everyone's time to go through them.
This is just a warning to anyone who really cares about the accuracy of their reports. I am one of the few users who care about this accuracy, therefore this thread may also alert them.

So far I don't have many reports [just over 2000 good reports], but I do regularly when I find something worth reporting. So that's why I care about the accuracy. But sadly, some bad reports today have reduced the accuracy of my reports form 100% to 99%. LOL - It doesn't matter.

I do report older posts once in a while though, for instance when an old spammer became active again. Or if it's link spam: deleting those post removes one more backlink from the internet.
I also do the same for some reason. But until this post was made, I thought I should filter more to report more in the future.

The warning above is very clear that moderators do not moderate old posts for any reason.

No, that's not exactly what it is written. If there is a very good reason to report an old message (malware, doxing, etc...), report it and a mod will handle it (normally).
I forgot to make that exception, thanks for reminding.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██