Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A service to find the relation between two addresses  (Read 184 times)
xuzerBTC (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 01:30:10 PM

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a service that can help me map out the relationship between two addresses. Essentially, a tool that can inform me if there is any connection or correlation between the two addresses that I provide. Does anyone know of any services that offer this functionality or something similar?

I am planing to build something like this if already not available! So, knowing what you think about such service would be helpful too.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2023, 01:33:37 PM
Merited by xuzerBTC (5), m2017 (1)

walletexplorer.com offers some of this functionality... Not exactly like you described, but it does try to group addresses together into wallets...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 01:37:05 PM

There's Reactor[1] from ChainAlysis but that's not available to the public, and it's way too complicated. Is it what you're trying to build? Would one be able to find the connection even if the funds moved through exchanges, services, mixers, etc. as is the case with this tool?

[1] https://www.chainalysis.com/chainalysis-reactor/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 02:09:40 PM

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a service that can help me map out the relationship between two addresses. Essentially, a tool that can inform me if there is any connection or correlation between the two addresses that I provide. Does anyone know of any services that offer this functionality or something similar?

You can try Blockpath's Graphical Explorer:

https://blockpath.com/

It displays transactions between Bitcoin addresses much like Ethtective.com does for ETH addresses.
Did you mean something like that?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
xuzerBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 02:18:16 PM

There's Reactor[1] from ChainAlysis but that's not available to the public, and it's way too complicated. Is it what you're trying to build? Would one be able to find the connection even if the funds moved through exchanges, services, mixers, etc. as is the case with this tool?

Once coins are sent to exchanges, they become disconnected from each other unless there is access to the exchange log. I don't see a solution to this problem ATM.

However, this service(which we already has coded part of it) aims to identify the relationship between two addresses or transaction IDs, and is going to target coins moved through mixers and similar services.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 02:33:34 PM

Once coins are sent to exchanges, they become disconnected from each other unless there is access to the exchange log. I don't see a solution to this problem ATM.

However, this service(which we already has coded part of it) aims to identify the relationship between two addresses or transaction IDs, and is going to target coins moved through mixers and similar services.
Again, it's the question on how you can find the relationships between two addresses?

If someone uses a mixer then everything is obfuscated, that's how mixer is design, so it will be interesting, if you have coded a way to find the connection between input and output addresses.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
xuzerBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 02:57:48 PM

Again, it's the question on how you can find the relationships between two addresses?

If someone uses a mixer then everything is obfuscated, that's how mixer is design, so it will be interesting, if you have coded a way to find the connection between input and output addresses.

Probably I couldn't explain what I meant by "covering mixers". We can't follow the exact sats for sure! And we don't have such solution. What I meant was we can connect addresses through UTXOs shown in transactions, for example address A is connected to address B through one[tx1,tx2,tx3,txn] or many paths

in other words, address A was found in tx1, and later down the road the address B was found in txn. I hope this explains what exactly what we have in mind.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 03:11:18 PM

Maybe slightly OT but I am curious as if there is any info on exchanges leaking AND/OR providing these sensitive information (either to randomparties or ofc governments and instituations)?

I see what OP wants, actually sounds like a relatively simple tool, input two addresses, see if and with how many steps (transactions) inbetween there is a connection to be found. Actually sounds pretty basic, also curious to see if there are any (open source) tools for this purpose.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
SquirrelJulietGarden

Activity: 1302
Merit: 726

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 03:45:40 PM

Wallet explorer: https://www.walletexplorer.com/
I don't remember names of other explorers but you can find some from List of useful Bitcoin block explorers

Wallet explorer can only link addresses which have transactions. If you try to link an used address (with past transactions) and a new address (without any transaction), it won't be able to link those two addresses for you, even they are in a same wallet.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
xuzerBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2023, 04:10:55 PM

Maybe slightly OT but I am curious as if there is any info on exchanges leaking AND/OR providing these sensitive information (either to randomparties or ofc governments and instituations)?

I see what OP wants, actually sounds like a relatively simple tool, input two addresses, see if and with how many steps (transactions) inbetween there is a connection to be found. Actually sounds pretty basic, also curious to see if there are any (open source) tools for this purpose.

Yes! we can say it is a basic tool and nothing magical. Just storing the data, finding the relations, and providing them through a relatively efficient and fast API or service by using the required technologies and databases.
mendace

Activity: 462
Merit: 613

Pizza Maker 2023 | Bitcoinbeer.events

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2023, 05:49:33 PM

There are chainanalysis services but I can't tell you exactly if they are paid or if they allow free use.  they usually work under commission for private individuals or even for governments.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3211

View Profile
April 19, 2023, 06:18:20 AM

Probably I couldn't explain what I meant by "covering mixers". We can't follow the exact sats for sure! And we don't have such solution. What I meant was we can connect addresses through UTXOs shown in transactions, for example address A is connected to address B through one[tx1,tx2,tx3,txn] or many paths
in other words, address A was found in tx1, and later down the road the address B was found in txn. I hope this explains what exactly what we have in mind.

It seems simple in concept -- create a graph of transactions and find the path (or paths) from address A to address B. However, that won't work through a mixer because a mixer breaks the link between address A and address B.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2023, 06:42:37 AM

Crystal has a visualization feature that's similar to what you're trying to build: Here's an imperfect example [none of the addresses are mine (I took them from one of the recently mined blocks)]
- It has nice features (e.g. moving the pieces around), but if you try to go too deep (e.g. adding many input/output addresses), their server will return an error!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
April 21, 2023, 06:50:40 AM

Crystal has a visualization feature that's similar to what you're trying to build: Here's an imperfect example [none of the addresses are mine (I took them from one of the recently mined blocks)]
- It has nice features (e.g. moving the pieces around), but if you try to go too deep (e.g. adding many input/output addresses), their server will return an error!
Another amazing resource. Been playing around with it a little bit, working fine so far, even though I sometimes it quickly goes to the "oops something went wrong" page.
Hope they keep improving it. - In general that's exactly how I would imagine a tx-graph with some hand-picked transactions should look like.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
BVeyron

Activity: 1638
Merit: 928

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
June 15, 2023, 09:21:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I am planing to build something like this if already not available! So, knowing what you think about such service would be helpful too.

Thank you!

I haven't heard about soft that can find the connection between wallets. I suppose that's impossible due to decentralisation of data storage in cryptocurrency... Actually it would be an interesting tool, but I doubt that it's possible to create one...

Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 15, 2023, 09:45:42 PM

I haven't heard about soft that can find the connection between wallets. I suppose that's impossible due to decentralisation of data storage in cryptocurrency... Actually it would be an interesting tool, but I doubt that it's possible to create one...

What does the decentralization of data storage have to do with the OP's question? Basically, any blockchain explorer has the capability to display specific connections between addresses, and there have been several tools mentioned that can do this task exactly as described by the OP.

So how about you at least fucking read the thread before replying with your generic nonsense?

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██