Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Back in 2021 Form ;)  (Read 194 times)
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 1424

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 27, 2023, 02:48:14 PM

Basically the reason why it went below the $2000 mark is due to all the unstaking that is taking place and causing the selling. Crypto is transparent and its very easy to see how much ETH is unstaked everyday. If you are a holder you can see this and know before hand that most of these unstaked ETH will be sent to an exchange and sold. Hence you are hesitant to buy more and will wait until the unstaking slows down.

The amount being deposited doesn't mean anything because those deposited ETH wasn't going to be sold anyways but the unstaked ETH has a higher chance of being sold. This is what might happen if USG sends more BTC to Coinbase to sell or when MtGox releases all those BTC after a decade.

Did it really?  I don't think so...  The Shapella update happened around April 12 and the massive sell down happened a week later around April 19 and was really a sell down that happened with Bitcoin and it took ETH and the whole crypto market down with it.

And the funny thing is the sell down happened out of nowhere...  But it's done now and the market is trying to claw back the lost gains.  So far so good even with the recent shenanigans.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 05:23:23 AM

Basically the reason why it went below the $2000 mark is due to all the unstaking that is taking place and causing the selling. Crypto is transparent and its very easy to see how much ETH is unstaked everyday. If you are a holder you can see this and know before hand that most of these unstaked ETH will be sent to an exchange and sold. Hence you are hesitant to buy more and will wait until the unstaking slows down.

The amount being deposited doesn't mean anything because those deposited ETH wasn't going to be sold anyways but the unstaked ETH has a higher chance of being sold. This is what might happen if USG sends more BTC to Coinbase to sell or when MtGox releases all those BTC after a decade.
Did it really?  I don't think so...  The Shapella update happened around April 12 and the massive sell down happened a week later around April 19 and was really a sell down that happened with Bitcoin and it took ETH and the whole crypto market down with it.

And the funny thing is the sell down happened out of nowhere...  But it's done now and the market is trying to claw back the lost gains.  So far so good even with the recent shenanigans.
I think it wasn't really an "out of nowhere" thing, it was caused by panic selling that triggered the liquidation that caused this. When there are profit taking, drawbacks and liquidation at the same time, this is the result and it happens quite commonly as well. I feel like the most important thing in the crypto world is that you should be getting away with these little drops if you can hold very well, I did, and many other people did.

Because we knew that the drops would happen, and it will recover back to higher levels if we could just wait a bit. I have seen price go down for just a week for a million times, I know when it is a crash, and I know the difference when it is just a drawback, one happens quickly and a lot, the other just a small amount and stays there for a while without going down any further.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: