Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What role have altcoins played in cryptocurrency industry  (Read 639 times)
savetheFORUM

Activity: 1050
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 03:11:36 PM

Almost all your points are correct, however the only one I would dispute is the second one of the positive aspects of altcoins, investing in altcoins does not really bring you any level of diversification, it may seem this is the case as now you are holding many different coins, but this is not true, as if you take the time to make a correlation analysis you will notice that most altcoins are heavily correlated to bitcoin and as such bring no diversification at all to your portfolio.
What do you consider diversification? The basic meaning of diversification is to have multiple items of the same category or sometimes from different categories regardless of their value or relation to each other. So I don't understand why you say that having altcoins in your portfolio is having diversification when it clearly is.

Only because the price of altcoins moves along Bitcoin, it doesn't mean that having altcoins isn't considered a diversification of your investment. An altcoin and Bitcoin have different growth rations that is based on their price.
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
May 04, 2023, 07:15:34 AM

Alternative crypto currencies have played an important role in the crypto currency industry. All of us know that Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currency, it is the most well-known and most valuable cryptocurrency, while alternative crypto currencies has different features and uses that attracts different investors and users. Other altcoins are designed to focused on privacy, while  others are focused on faster transaction and lower fees. Alternative crypto currencies helped to diversify the crypto currency market and provide users with more flexible options.

Godday

Activity: 1540
Merit: 397

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2023, 10:40:47 AM

Altcoins are created by promoting cryptocurrencies. If there were only Bitcoin, I think cryptocurrencies would not be as popular as they are today. Altcoins have played a role in introducing cryptocurrency to the world and attracting many Investors into it. Indeed, BTC was the first coin that was very popular at that time, but I think the existence of ALts also had an important role there.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
May 06, 2023, 04:35:50 AM

Almost all your points are correct, however the only one I would dispute is the second one of the positive aspects of altcoins, investing in altcoins does not really bring you any level of diversification, it may seem this is the case as now you are holding many different coins, but this is not true, as if you take the time to make a correlation analysis you will notice that most altcoins are heavily correlated to bitcoin and as such bring no diversification at all to your portfolio.
What do you consider diversification? The basic meaning of diversification is to have multiple items of the same category or sometimes from different categories regardless of their value or relation to each other. So I don't understand why you say that having altcoins in your portfolio is having diversification when it clearly is.

Only because the price of altcoins moves along Bitcoin, it doesn't mean that having altcoins isn't considered a diversification of your investment. An altcoin and Bitcoin have different growth rations that is based on their price.
The purpose behind diversification is to protect your capital from suffering big drops by investing in different assets and in this way to reduce that risk, investing in altcoins may seem to be a way to diversify your portfolio, as now you have different assets in the very same market, so for some this could be a way of diversification, but for me, and for many people, such a strategy will not allow you to achieve the purpose behind diversification, which is capital protection, because as we know altcoins have a very high degree of correlation with bitcoin, making pointless to hold them, as you could just have invested all of that money bitcoin and save yourself the trouble.
Lamkuthang

Activity: 282
Merit: 34

The multiple Crypto solution

View Profile
May 06, 2023, 06:46:20 AM

Altcoins are created by promoting cryptocurrencies. If there were only Bitcoin, I think cryptocurrencies would not be as popular as they are today. Altcoins have played a role in introducing cryptocurrency to the world and attracting many Investors into it. Indeed, BTC was the first coin that was very popular at that time, but I think the existence of ALts also had an important role there.

I agree that altcoins have played an important role in the cryptocurrency industry. While Bitcoin was the first and most well-known cryptocurrency, altcoins have expanded the market and introduced new innovations to the industry. Altcoins also provide investors and users with more choices, allowing them to choose a coin that better suits their needs and preferences. Well, Apart from that, competition among altcoins has driven further development and innovation in the industry, ultimately benefiting all cryptocurrency users.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Mr. Magkaisa

Activity: 756
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2023, 07:26:11 AM

this altcoin are all developed to solve one issue or the other with the bitcoin network and this has also opened the room for so. Many scam projects.

Many altcoins have been developed to get more bitcoin or make developers rich, otherwise most of them are Bitcoin with simple adjustments that do not require a unique programming skills.

Have alternatives cryptocurrencies help the growth and adoption of cryptocurrency in the global market and how far have the presence of alternatives cryptocurrency help the industry positively?
Or Negatively?
It has a negative role, most of these altcoin lose their value over time and instead of increasing the demand for bitcoin, they take part of the market share and do not provide anything unique.
The effect of all altcoin is equal to 10% of the effect of bitcoin, yet it takes more than 50% of the market capacity.

-    true what you said that a lot of developers got rich because of cryptocurrency, because every coin or token should treat it like a baby were they take care of that if you take good care of it for sure you will benefit in the end.

In which most of the altcoins also have a real risk, although I believe that altcoins can also help bitcoin and the same goes for bitcoin and altcoins as well, as if they work together vice versa.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 06, 2023, 07:39:44 AM

Altcoins do play some important role in the crypto industry to be honest Bitcoin isn't perfect. There are some flaws yet that needs to be fixed. Altcoin are trying to improve those bitcoins limitations and flaws. They've brought in more diversity in the crypto industry, having different use cases and trying to make the financial system decentralized. Look at Ethereum and you will know what I am saying. But then, there are those "shitcoins" and scam projects that have hurt the industry's image. They make investors reluctant to buy crypto currencies once they become a victim of those shitcoins.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 04:31:00 AM

Altcoins do play some important role in the crypto industry to be honest Bitcoin isn't perfect. There are some flaws yet that needs to be fixed. Altcoin are trying to improve those bitcoins limitations and flaws. They've brought in more diversity in the crypto industry, having different use cases and trying to make the financial system decentralized. Look at Ethereum and you will know what I am saying. But then, there are those "shitcoins" and scam projects that have hurt the industry's image. They make investors reluctant to buy crypto currencies once they become a victim of those shitcoins.
Any altcoin that brings anything new to the ecosystem is a welcome addition even if the coin eventually fails, as without it we would never know if such a concept had any chances of working at all, personally I have no problem with such altcoins as we need them, since they can test things that could not be implemented on the bitcoin network due to its massive popularity, however the coins which bring nothing to the market and that are created by scammers just hoping to strike rich are a plague and I hope they disappear and never comeback.
LastKiss

Activity: 2156
Merit: 251

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 04:40:30 AM

~snip~
So this have led me to ask this fundamental question of what role have altcoins played in the cryptocurrency industry, Has altcoin played any significant role in increasing the adoption of Bitcoin?

Have alternatives cryptocurrencies help the growth and adoption of cryptocurrency in the global market and how far have the presence of alternatives cryptocurrency help the industry positively?
Or Negatively?

Altcoins help cryptocurrency adoption for sure, there are a lot of altcoins with many utilities that Bitcoin doesn't have. just like its name altcoins tends to become alternative to Bitcoin since some of them have lower fees compared to Bitcoin, some of them have NFT and metaverse that Bitcoin doesn't have, and many more. Without altcoins, I'm pretty sure the crypto industry won't become this big.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

woez

Activity: 421
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 04:49:15 AM

Bitcoin is a unique cryptocurrency, and I don't know why some people keep saying it's days of domination are over. It's one of the few projects where the creator or developers never thought about profiting from.

Look at the rest of the copy-cat altcoins and Blockchains. The owners create them so that they can become millionaires or Billionaires overnight. The intentions to create the project as a solution to the many problems surrounding us today are very minimal.

BTC Best Option and true, But generally Altcoins still have a place in the hearts of their users and these investors provide more options to diversify their portfolio in the cryptocurrency market. Investors can choose to invest in altcoins that have strong use cases or growth potential and can help them make undeniable profits as well. There are also "shitcoin" projects and scams that can cause investors to lose their money within days if the wrong choice is made. but if they choose wrong.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
JayTrain

Activity: 1092
Merit: 105

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 06:23:22 AM

Certainly, altcoins have played a significant role in the development and adoption of cryptocurrency. While Bitcoin remains the dominant player, altcoins have addressed some of the limitations of Bitcoin and introduced new features and use cases for blockchain technology. This has increased the overall interest and adoption of cryptocurrencies in the global market. However, it is important to note that the presence of scam projects among altcoins has also had a negative impact on the industry's reputation.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 07:11:29 AM

Certainly, altcoins have played a significant role in the development and adoption of cryptocurrency. While Bitcoin remains the dominant player, altcoins have addressed some of the limitations of Bitcoin and introduced new features and use cases for blockchain technology. This has increased the overall interest and adoption of cryptocurrencies in the global market. However, it is important to note that the presence of scam projects among altcoins has also had a negative impact on the industry's reputation.
I completely agree that cryptocurrencies have innovated the cryptocurrency market and broadened the scope of what blockchain technology is capable of. For instance, several alternative currencies have aimed to outperform Bitcoin in terms of transaction speeds, fees, or privacy. On top of their blockchain, other companies have added smart contract features that let programmers build decentralized apps.
Before purchasing any cryptocurrency, including altcoins, investors and consumers should use caution and due research. The cryptocurrency industry is mainly uncontrolled and decentralized, which has regrettably resulted in an increase in fraudulent schemes and practices. As a result, some investors have lost substantial sums of money to shady ICOs and other frauds.
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 07:18:25 AM

~snip~
So this have led me to ask this fundamental question of what role have altcoins played in the cryptocurrency industry, Has altcoin played any significant role in increasing the adoption of Bitcoin?

Or Negatively?

Altcoins help cryptocurrency adoption for sure, there are a lot of altcoins with many utilities that Bitcoin doesn't have. just like its name altcoins tends to become alternative to Bitcoin since some of them have lower fees compared to Bitcoin, some of them have NFT and metaverse that Bitcoin doesn't have, and many more. Without altcoins, I'm pretty sure the crypto industry won't become this big.
It's true that basically everything has its own role in this cryptocurrency industry,
however we cannot underestimate the role of altcoins,
what is clear is that all of this makes the cryptocurrency industry grow and that's good.
Freddie Boyer

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

Crypto WEB3 Neobank

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 08:28:16 AM

It's true that basically everything has its own role in this cryptocurrency industry,
what is clear is that all of this makes the cryptocurrency industry grow and that's good.

Yes, broadly speaking Altcoins offer an alternative to users who are looking for features that Bitcoin lacks and have also helped in creating healthy competition among cryptocurrency projects, driving innovation and the development of new technologies. Without this competition I don't think the cryptocurrency industry would have developed as fast as it is today.

However, the presence of altcoins can also be confusing for new users and make it difficult to choose which asset to buy. In addition, some altcoins can also be scams or have unpromising long-term prospects.

PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 10, 2023, 09:49:47 AM

Alternative crypto currencies have played an important role in the crypto currency industry. All of us know that Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currency, it is the most well-known and most valuable cryptocurrency, while alternative crypto currencies has different features and uses that attracts different investors and users. Other altcoins are designed to focused on privacy, while  others are focused on faster transaction and lower fees. Alternative crypto currencies helped to diversify the crypto currency market and provide users with more flexible options.
They're actually but not all and not more important than Bitcoin as they remain as alternatives no matter what. ETH, XRP, Monero, Polygon, and many others had played some roles that it was impossible for Bitcoin to perform. That is why people had take this as their option and a reason why they still exist despite the number of altcoins and market tough competition - this is what we called "use-case" which most of the altcoins don't have.

Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2023, 05:37:04 AM

Yes, broadly speaking Altcoins offer an alternative to users who are looking for features that Bitcoin lacks and have also helped in creating healthy competition among cryptocurrency projects, driving innovation and the development of new technologies. Without this competition I don't think the cryptocurrency industry would have developed as fast as it is today.

However, the presence of altcoins can also be confusing for new users and make it difficult to choose which asset to buy. In addition, some altcoins can also be scams or have unpromising long-term prospects.
It is a shame we do not have more of the former and less of the latter, altcoins which bring some sort of innovation to the market are always welcome, however how many of those coins are released each year? A few dozen if we are lucky and I am probably overestimating their numbers, but compared to the number of scam coins released each year their number is very small, which explains why so many people which are looking for good coins end up investing in scams, as they could spend months reading white papers and not find a single good coin.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 04:21:11 PM

altcoins play a very important role in the crypto world, even having a very large and significant impact, not a few people even know about bitcoin through altcoins first, altcoins are also an attraction for investors in the crypto world

Halime Anatolia

Activity: 142
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2023, 08:13:55 AM

altcoins play a very important role in the crypto world, even having a very large and significant impact, not a few people even know about bitcoin through altcoins first, altcoins are also an attraction for investors in the crypto world

I personally believe that on the one hand altcoins play a big role in the adoption of cryptocurrencies and will be very educated especially when the market crashes they will find out the reason for the drop in prices. What needs to be anticipated is a rogue developer who creates shitcoin tokens for a moment's purpose so that it will create negative perceptions about this digital currency from people who lack understanding and have not been well educated why this happened.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2023, 08:44:50 AM

I can say that altcoins might be more flashy and colourful, easier to acquire for new entrants than Bitcoin. Maybe that made crypto even more notorious than bitcoin and it's scandals. Even then the long term profit from altcoins is way less and risky than bitcoin. Hence the gold standard is bitcoin and not altcoins. One might have some specific reasons to buy them, but their real use cases are less and they lack a market making capability.

Hence the impact they have made on the market might prove useful in short term but they get forgotten in the long run after they crash or get abandoned.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Huppercase

Activity: 770
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 29, 2023, 09:01:22 AM

For as far as I know, Bitcoin is the primary and dominant cryptocurrency, but among others, Bitcoin have its limitations that have slowed its widening adoption and scalability due to this Bitcoin's shortcomings there was a need for the creation of alternatives cryptocurrency and this need has given room for the developments of thousands of altcoins, and this altcoin are all developed to solve one issue or the other with the bitcoin network and this has also opened the room for so. Many scam projects.

Or Negatively?

If you check the price of Bitcoin, only few people have big money to invest and that is why most people divert money to altcoins, Bitcoin is already a saturated market by institutional investors. Altcoins are safe haven for people that are late for the party, this is why you see new comers catch up with the new alternative coins that has low caps to gain something later, every week we now see them flood the market and whether the bitcoin maxist like it or not, it can not be deny that altcoins attract more 80% of investors, even the institutional investors heavily put money on altcoins because their profits are always insane.

The global market effect of altcoins is liquidity, altcoins attract lots of attention and investors because when there is PR, good marketing and tech around any new altcoins, there is move of liquidity from one chain to another and also the bridge of chains has make things easier for new projects as wel.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████