Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:06:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: extended seed and added rnadom word cant recover  (Read 93 times)
plhelppls (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2023, 02:44:12 AM

i really ned help i have a ton of phrases and even a few just random words below those phrases. i used electrum to extend the wallet seed and i think i added a fake word and wrote one of the correct ones down. i know there are wallet recovery services but they take a fee please help me. i had multiple grand mal seizures and forgot and this has really hurt me how can i recover
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5614

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 23, 2023, 04:40:48 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2), Pmalek (2)

"seedrecover.py" tool of BTCRecover can definitely help you with it, however, it still depends on what you can remember or the complexity of your backup.
Can you make an example of how it looks like? Use random words in your example, do not post the actual backup.

For seedrecover setup, you'll need BTCRecover: https://github.com/3rdIteration/btcrecover
It already has a guide.

Then based from what I understand from the OP, you'll have to combine a valid seed phrase from your words and pick a valid passphrase.
You'll need to provide these arguments:
Code:
--tokenlist "<list of words>.txt"
--passphrase-list "<list of passphrases>.txt"
--mnemonic-length 12
--language en
--addrs <your address>
--tokenlist can be replaced with --seedlist if you think one of the listed phrases is already the correct seed phrase.

i know there are wallet recovery services but they take a fee please help me.
Seeing the phrase "ton of phrases" made me think that you'll gonna need it.
For that, I'd recommend you walletrecoveryservices.com which has a good standing.
Also, you wont have to pay a fee right away, only until the job is done.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
plhelppls (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2023, 05:36:38 AM

"seedrecover.py" tool of BTCRecover can definitely help you with it, however, it still depends on what you can remember or the complexity of your backup.
Can you make an example of how it looks like? Use random words in your example, do not post the actual backup.

For seedrecover setup, you'll need BTCRecover: https://github.com/3rdIteration/btcrecover
It already has a guide.

Then based from what I understand from the OP, you'll have to combine a valid seed phrase from your words and pick a valid passphrase.
You'll need to provide these arguments:
Code:
--tokenlist "<list of words>.txt"
--passphrase-list "<list of passphrases>.txt"
--mnemonic-length 12
--language en
--addrs <your address>
--tokenlist can be replaced with --seedlist if you think one of the listed phrases is already the correct seed phrase.

i know there are wallet recovery services but they take a fee please help me.
Seeing the phrase "ton of phrases" made me think that you'll gonna need it.
For that, I'd recommend you walletrecoveryservices.com which has a good standing.
Also, you wont have to pay a fee right away, only until the job is done.

I also had a multisig wallet that i believe i have ~$4500 was in at at a time but i dont know when either way i know it was made with electrum and i have many seeds as well that i believe are them and i have electrum zips fof mnay different wallets to go throught but i just dont even know what to do i imported them all $0 money, sent it all out but its just the multisig i know has money and then the 13 word what this thread is about i know it has money
nc50lc
Legendary

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 23, 2023, 07:16:01 AM

-snip- sent it all out but its just the multisig i know has money and then the 13 word what this thread is about i know it has money
By the way, the "13 word" is just an Electrum seed phrase with a "Passphrase" which is the 13th word.
When using seedrecover, you'll have to create a list of your possible passphrases (13th word / extension) on a text file referenced by --passphrase-list

You either need your "address" or "master public key" to be able to check if any of those words is the correct passphrase.
That's because any "extension" is valid but a different word will produce a different wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
plhelppls (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2023, 09:19:56 PM

okay , one thing that had me really confused is i do have a low of addresses and atleast the time-phrase for the multisig wallet also i do believe i know the password and i know i had sent money out of it and that money was returned but i don't know how i can load the transaction as i have no idea what the transaction is

i also have many keypairs if they will help another thing i believe is i have found the multi sig wallet

this are what i believe is the multisig wallet which i have the password for but the wallets are empty when i know someone had returned money that i had spent i used to have the transaction over a year ago for proof but its long gone i definitely feel this is recoverable
nc50lc
Legendary

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 25, 2023, 03:01:11 AM

This is part of BTCRecover's test codes, specifically these lines from the original repository: github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/btcrecover/test/test_seeds.py

-snip- but i don't know how i can load the transaction as i have no idea what the transaction is
Transactions will be automatically loaded as long as you're online once the correct wallet is restored with the correct seed phrase and extension (passphrase).
I recommend you to make a separate topic regarding the MultiSig wallet since its recovery is different than a single sig wallet with extension.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████