Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One Car at a Time: How NFTs are Helping Combat Global Air Pollution!  (Read 86 times)
NFTCar.io (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2023, 05:31:39 PM

Introducing a novel way to combat climate change: Carbon NFTs from NFTCar. By purchasing high-polluting cars, scrapping them, and generating NFTs, Carbon NFTs offer a verifiable solution to reduce your carbon footprint to zero. Each NFT represents the removal of one ton of CO2 at a cost of $80 USD per ton.

The carbon footprint of a car is determined by its age, mileage, and average fuel consumption, projecting the amount of CO2 it would have emitted over the next ten years. Each Carbon NFT is uniquely linked to a specific car through its VIN, age, mileage, and fuel consumption, which are recorded on the blockchain and government registry. This means that anyone can easily verify the carbon emissions reduction associated with each NFT, without any potential for fraud or misrepresentation.

With air pollution contributing to around 4.2 million premature deaths globally, and cars being responsible for up to 80% of urban air pollution, Carbon NFTs offer an exciting and effective way for individuals to take ownership of their carbon emissions and make a positive impact.

What are your thoughts on this new technology? Do you believe it has the potential to significantly impact climate change? Let's discuss.
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2451

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2023, 06:14:28 PM

When I see how they try to cross some shitcoin with some global problem and present these tokens as something utilitarian and helping to solve some problems of mankind, I immediately associate them with another scam with a beautiful legend. Does anyone believe that these NFTs will really contribute and help anything? The only thing they will contribute to is speculation on these tokens and lust for profit on another beautiful idea.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 26, 2023, 03:40:25 AM

What are your thoughts on this new technology? Do you believe it has the potential to significantly impact climate change? Let's discuss.

No! I don't think this initiative has the potential to significantly impact climate change. This is a huge issue and no one would be able to impact climate change just by scrapping cars. It can't be!

But I like the overall idea. For the first time, I am seeing something in the NFT market which is exciting and meaningful. Otherwise NFT market is essentially full of craps. I would like to know more about verifying the data of scrapping cars. Can you please explain? Also is there a way to cross verify it with government records?

Wexnident

Activity: 2534
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
April 26, 2023, 04:15:35 AM

It's not "new". The idea of businesses connecting themselves to "helping/bettering the world" isn't something this NFT invented, nor would it be the last company to use such a scheme. And this doesn't even combat the cause/root of the problem, which you've said already, cars. Instead it's like an infinite farming guide for the company behind the NFT's  (if it actually works) by continuously scrapping cars that are ALSO continuously being made by car manufacturers.

It's a meaningless endeavour, so no, it's not going to change anything.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
NFTCar.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2023, 05:47:33 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2023, 10:20:26 PM by Mr. Big

No! I don't think this initiative has the potential to significantly impact climate change. This is a huge issue and no one would be able to impact climate change just by scrapping cars. It can't be!

But I like the overall idea. For the first time, I am seeing something in the NFT market which is exciting and meaningful. Otherwise NFT market is essentially full of craps. I would like to know more about verifying the data of scrapping cars. Can you please explain? Also is there a way to cross verify it with government records?

We have created an NFT for a specific car, which is linked to its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), age, mileage, and fuel consumption. These details are recorded on both the blockchain and government registry, providing transparency and proof of ownership. The first car we have turned into an NFT has the VIN code 1J8GK58K95W639564, which can be verified through any VIN code checking website. Additionally, we have included in the NFT the car's scrapping certification, a video of the scrapping process, and proof of advertisement demonstrating that we purchased the car from a public car sales website. You can check our website nftcar. io for the details.

It's not "new". The idea of businesses connecting themselves to "helping/bettering the world" isn't something this NFT invented, nor would it be the last company to use such a scheme. And this doesn't even combat the cause/root of the problem, which you've said already, cars. Instead it's like an infinite farming guide for the company behind the NFT's  (if it actually works) by continuously scrapping cars that are ALSO continuously being made by car manufacturers.

It's a meaningless endeavour, so no, it's not going to change anything.

I understand your point, but let me rephrase it to ensure I am capturing your message correctly.

The initial NFTs we created had a car with the VIN number 1J8GK58K95W639564, and this car was known to consume 13.8 liters of fuel per 100km due to its age. If we were to remove this car from circulation and replace it with a new Tesla, we could make a significant impact on the environment. By eliminating the older, more polluting car and replacing it with an emission-free Tesla, we would reduce the amount of pollutants released into the city's air. This would be a positive step towards creating a cleaner and healthier environment.
NFTCar.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2023, 08:09:14 AM

When I see how they try to cross some shitcoin with some global problem and present these tokens as something utilitarian and helping to solve some problems of mankind, I immediately associate them with another scam with a beautiful legend. Does anyone believe that these NFTs will really contribute and help anything? The only thing they will contribute to is speculation on these tokens and lust for profit on another beautiful idea.

You are right about that, but with NFTCar, we don't have any coins or tokens, just NFTs. The first car we turned into NFT has VIN code: 1J8GK58K95W639564, so what it means is that everyone will be able to verify that this car is removed and turned into NFT.

Is there a solution to eliminating high-pollution cars from the society that doesn't require government involvement and allows everyone to contribute? Our NFT model currently costs $80, which may not be feasible for some, may be affordable to many.
woez

Activity: 421
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 26, 2023, 03:13:45 PM

You are right about that, but with NFTCar, we don't have any coins or tokens, just NFTs. The first car we turned into NFT has VIN code: 1J8GK58K95W639564, so what it means is that everyone will be able to verify that this car is removed and turned into NFT.

About NFTCar it looks like you're trying to make an important difference between NFTs and coins or tokens by converting cars into NFTs and using VIN codes as a verification mechanism so you provide a transparent and reliable way to confirm that cars have indeed been taken out of circulation.

However, the question of affordability is also an important consideration. While $80 may be accessible to many, it may not be feasible for some. Therefore, finding ways to make the NFT model more accessible and inclusive should be a priority.

Is there a solution to eliminating high-pollution cars from the society that doesn't require government involvement and allows everyone to contribute? Our NFT model currently costs $80, which may not be feasible for some, may be affordable to many.

As for solutions to eliminate high-polluting cars without government involvement, I suggest that a community-based approach might be effective. Encouraging local initiatives, such as car-sharing programs or ride-sharing schemes, can help reduce the number of high-polluting cars on the road. In addition, incentivizing the use of electric or hybrid cars through tax breaks or other forms of financial support can also be an effective tool. to encourage the use of cleaner vehicles.

Yes, It is true that the problem of high-polluting cars is an urgent problem that requires immediate attention. I think it's great and it's an innovative idea. Your suggestion for using NFTs as a means of removing such cars from society is an interesting suggestion.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1228

View Profile
April 26, 2023, 03:22:08 PM

Seeing some project with try solved a world problem

Reality check: Seeling asset as much they can. I still not believe anything for a project like this, most of project is failed cannot solved anything and only raised a money then abandoned the project.

After the price is collapse or already getting a money.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 26, 2023, 04:21:22 PM

Introducing a novel way to combat climate change: Carbon NFTs from NFTCar. By purchasing high-polluting cars, scrapping them, and generating NFTs, Carbon NFTs offer a verifiable solution to reduce your carbon footprint to zero. Each NFT represents the removal of one ton of CO2 at a cost of $80 USD per ton.
The carbon footprint of a car is determined by its age, mileage, and average fuel consumption, projecting the amount of CO2 it would have emitted over the next ten years. Each Carbon NFT is uniquely linked to a specific car through its VIN, age, mileage, and fuel consumption, which are recorded on the blockchain and government registry. This means that anyone can easily verify the carbon emissions reduction associated with each NFT, without any potential for fraud or misrepresentation.
With air pollution contributing to around 4.2 million premature deaths globally, and cars being responsible for up to 80% of urban air pollution, Carbon NFTs offer an exciting and effective way for individuals to take ownership of their carbon emissions and make a positive impact.

I already read stuff, that it might be possible that every person gets a certain amount of CO2 emissions that he or she is allowed to produce in a certain time frame and that if you are above that limit, you have to pay a fee or a fine or something like that. So if this really becomes a reality in the future, which i don't hope, then the governments also need a way to track the persons CO2 emissions. This could possibly happen with the use of Blockchain technology because there everything is recorded and can not be changed afterwards and if someone is above his level but does not want to pay a fee, then he could a NFT from you for example.
I just don't know if it makes sense to scrap a car, that is still working flawlessly just create some NFT's. I think in the end that is even more harmful for the environment. So you should really only scrap those 40+ year old cars that are only used anymore in poor countries.
NFTCar.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2023, 05:39:29 AM

I already read stuff, that it might be possible that every person gets a certain amount of CO2 emissions that he or she is allowed to produce in a certain time frame and that if you are above that limit, you have to pay a fee or a fine or something like that. So if this really becomes a reality in the future, which i don't hope, then the governments also need a way to track the persons CO2 emissions. This could possibly happen with the use of Blockchain technology because there everything is recorded and can not be changed afterwards and if someone is above his level but does not want to pay a fee, then he could a NFT from you for example.
I just don't know if it makes sense to scrap a car, that is still working flawlessly just create some NFT's. I think in the end that is even more harmful for the environment. So you should really only scrap those 40+ year old cars that are only used anymore in poor countries.

The actions of the government are beyond our control, and we have no say in them. Even Coinbase, a 100 billion dollar company, has no influence over crypto regulation in the US. It is generally believed that 99.9% of cars will eventually be scrapped, so it is better to do so 10 years earlier rather than allowing them to continue to drive around for another decade. The average person between 30-40 years old has little power, but many could likely afford to purchase one $80 NFT per year.
I feel that this may work out.
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2451

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2023, 06:06:11 PM

You contradict yourself by saying that you don't have any coins and tokens, but you have NFT. NFT is a token of the ERC-721 standard, for example, if we are talking about tokens on the Ethereum blockchain. If you have tokens, then you can have speculation with those tokens and even wash trading to create artificial demand. All these things ruin the very idea of why these tokens were created and it all comes down to trivial speculation and pump and dump schemes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Iadegbola34

Activity: 499
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 09:13:46 PM

It is an interesting solution to combat climate change by reducing carbon emissions from high-polluting cars using blockchain technology. Limited impact, but innovative.
Overall, while Carbon NFTs may not be a silver bullet solution to address climate change, they do offer an innovative and exciting way for individuals to take ownership of their carbon emissions and make a positive impact. It will be interesting to see how this technology evolves and whether it gains wider adoption in the fight against climate change.
Nhazwrath

Activity: 290
Merit: 40

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 09:29:52 PM

Wow.   What a load of crap.

Lie number 1.   CO2 is Air Pollution.  Its not.  Its plant food.

Lie Number 2.   Claiming that the CO2 is contributing to deaths as air Pollution

Lie number 3.   Giving someone like You money would reduce CO2.

Lie Number 4.   Calling this a NFT.

There is literally Zero truth in your statement.  If I was Not also a free speech person Id ban you for scamming.

danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1119

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 10:57:12 PM

I supported something about cars too years ago but it didn't work. It may not be the same goal as this but when it comes to vehicles it seems like it doesn't work with cryptocurrencies.
Sure, it will help combat climate change, I mean every small thing we do now that is for the good of the environment can have a great impact on climate change but is it necessary to make it an NFT?
This kind of thing will just be another project that will be overlooked by investors. Might as well go to one government office and present it to them especially those in the environmental section. Perhaps they could help more because I don't think investors in the cryptocurrency industry are attracted to it. Anyway, just my opinion but do try to look for almost the same project and see how far they went.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1315

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 04:35:06 AM

Does anyone believe that these NFTs will really contribute and help anything? The only thing they will contribute to is speculation on these tokens and lust for profit on another beautiful idea.
Honestly they will contribut to someone purchase through this kind of gimmick. Thats the thing about decentralized approach since they can do such description to make it more like a believable project to collect funds and create demand for degen players. A beautiful content is just a mask to hide these agenda on gaining profits from others.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██