Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between long and short term investments in crypto  (Read 258 times)
ItsCrafty

Activity: 826
Merit: 135

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2023, 01:19:49 PM

One of the most important advantages of a long term investment in crypto is that it minimizes the risks associated with volatility. Rather than getting caught up in the ups and downs of the market, long term investors use the ‘set it and forget it’ strategy, allowing their investments to grow over time,
I totally agree with you that you don't have much problem with long term investment.The market often continues to fluctuate but these long-term investors don't worry because they know they are holding their coins for the long term.

Ethereum is a good example of a long term investment. The coin has ranked among the top cryptocurrency investments and has shown alot of potential for growth in the future.
I think Bitcoin along with Ethereum will be the best investment for long term investment.You can never ignore BTC as a long-term investment.Bitcoin is the top cryptocurrency on the market and is considered very reliable for the long term.

Bitcoin is an excellent example of a short term investment. Day traders have made quick profits by buying and selling bitcoin within a single day.

Bitcoin is the top cryptocurrency, but  its price is very high and people with less capital cannot do short term trading in Bitcoin.Fluctuations in Bitcoin will not bring significant returns to the small investor.Therefore, short-term investment in small and low-value cryptocurrencies can prove to be very profitable even for small investors.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 10:16:18 AM

Did you used an AI to write this ?

If I copy/paste your post here : https://gptzero.me/

I get :

That's kinda sus, I really don't like people whos posting and it comes from A.I sites like chatgpt, if they want to help here in this forum make sure that is your own words and not from others or some A.I because you're not sincere to help if you use that. I think in this forum, you will get ban if you copy pasting some word so i think he manually type that kind of word.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2023, 01:52:26 PM

When you want to invest, the investment experience varies according to the return, the money you have, and the extent of your need for that money. There is no objection to the individual having a long-term investment, and when he finds an investment opportunity, he transfers part of his share to a short-term investment, and so on.
So investing in itself is a personal experience, and its return can vary according to your experience, past experiences, and psychological factors. In short, we cannot judge by simply writing or reading without going into personal experience.
Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2023, 07:08:20 AM

The quick returns on investment associated with short term investment cannot be compared to the overall returns in long term investment. I always prefer long term any day any time. For me instead of short term investment trading the coin per will be much better and more profitable. In that regard taking my profit daily which can sum up more than i would have ever gotten on short term hold. Sometimes even mid-term trading might not even yield anything good, crypto investment is best on the long term goal.
Inwestour

Activity: 1008
Merit: 958

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 11:19:17 AM

The quick returns on investment associated with short term investment cannot be compared to the overall returns in long term investment. I always prefer long term any day any time. For me instead of short term investment trading the coin per will be much better and more profitable. In that regard taking my profit daily which can sum up more than i would have ever gotten on short term hold. Sometimes even mid-term trading might not even yield anything good, crypto investment is best on the long term goal.
The choice between long-term and medium-term investment is not always up to you, it will also depend on the market. How long the market will give you to accumulate positions, in what period you start investing, all this is important, because the wrong timing for buying can even make your investment unprofitable.

If we take the current situation on the market, for example, you decide to start investing in bitcoin now, then what do you do, you buy bitcoin for all available funds for investment at the current price of $ 26,800, or start buying now with certain amounts and will buy up to what the prices?

This is all very important because it will determine the amount of time you need to wait for your investment to break even and for it to make a profit.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 11:52:45 AM

<snip>
For those willing to hold their investments for extended periods of time, long term investment may be a great option, as it comes with fewer risks and higher potential gains. While for those looking for quick profits, short term investment may be more suitable, as it allows traders to capitalize on the volatile nature of crypto markets.
Short-term investments are those that mostly rely from the trend and down-trend of a project. This is wheres we commonly see investors make use of the coin's volatility. This type of investment requires more time and effort compared to the other type (long-term).
Long-term investments on the other hand, are those investments where you (the investor/trader) believes that the project is a good one that's why you are willing to stake for a Long. 

SmartGold01

Activity: 700
Merit: 749

Don't joke with my Daughter

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2023, 12:12:23 PM

From my understanding around the forum based on few posts and comments I have red so far is that for one to venture into investment it should be that the money for investment shouldn't be what would make you being in a haste to sell assets otherwise may likely involved of selling with panic, then secondly bitcoin is what majorly survived for long term investment anything short term should be altcoin because I don't think they can survive for long run. Hence, short terms investment should be for altcoin and long term investment should be for bitcoin except in some cases whereby after they invested and Market suddenly turned for good at then investors can decides to sell off their bitcoin in a short term.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Marvelman

Activity: 1008
Merit: 137

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 12:23:34 PM

Contrary to popular belief, long term investment in crypto can be risky too, as the market is highly unpredictable, and the future of any coin is uncertain. Holding onto a coin for too long without monitoring market trends can result in missed opportunities and even losses. Even though it minimizes the risks of short term volatility, it may still end up with a loss if the coin fails to gain value in the future. I think a hybrid investment strategy that combines both long term and short term investment can be more effective than sticking to one strategy.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: