Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 12:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: get-bitcoin  (Read 2015 times)
libertytrader (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 08:18:08 PM

So I went to get-bitcoin and selected "with my bank account"... and then they tell me they are waiting for payment, but they don't say how to send them money? What are these guys thinking? Is this normal?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tinman951

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 07:12:23 AM

I had this problem at first.  I just transferred USD to them via Wells Fargo and they sent me the BTC.  I did it again one week later.  You could email them support@get-bitcoin.com  you need to give them your order number.  I am pretty sure it is some confusion, because I have never had a problem with them.

Free micro bitcoins: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1DFw1VncjVhqdg6GWoQ6Qtc5ncR5RHXxfP
Donate BTC: 18b94MMTWd7bWaUWcq7VHmizgswP2dK6fM
getbitcoin

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 05:58:17 AM

Hey there. Sorry about that - we send people invoices via Bank of America and Chase, but sometimes they act up and stuff doesn't get sent out or gets delayed, and we have to re-send the invoice. (We're working on a better system now, hope to have that done by next week.) Could you send us your order number? We can probably just re-send the invoice if something went wrong the first time.
grahamgreene

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:45:07 AM

Can I please direct you to my thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54715.msg651726#msg651726 and ask you to address my issues there-in, and inform me as to why my payment STILL has not been picked up after I sent it to New York at 8.30 EST Wednesday morning???

- G
grahamgreene

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 01:34:25 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2011, 10:43:33 PM by grahamgreene

Re: Anyone else having problems with get-bitcoin.com ??
Today at 01:33:12 PM

Just an update on the situation:

All my emails have now been answered, and the cause of the delay has been explained. They just hired someone new to pick up the Western Union payments, and if there are any more delays, they say they'll hire someone else instead. They've also offered to halve their fee to 2.5%, which is very helpful, and will offset some of my losses.

Whilst my initial emails were answered by a very helpful "Alicorn", she couldn't sort everything out as my order was a large one, hence being dealt with by somebody else. However, she did help me out as much as she could, and today I received emails from orders@get-bitcoin.com detailing the reason for lack of processing and the reduction of their fee by way of apology.

All in all a rocky start in my dealings with get-bitcoin.com, but whilst I haven't yet received my Bitcoins (and in fairness, this issue HAS been resolved within 2 days), I'll certainly use them again for my large Bitcoin orders in the future.  Smiley

- G
grahamgreene

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 10:42:59 PM

Scratch what I said in my last post here. The issue escalated to a point where I just could not continue doing business with get-bitcoin.com.

After hearing nothing but "the boss is working on it" about my Western Union transfer I cancelled it today. 5 days after sending it. I lost out €82.00 in transfer fees, and my margins have been cut right down to the bone because of Bitcoin's increase in price.
Disgraceful service on the part of get-bitcoin.com, and I for one will certainly not use them again.
Atrocious communication, and it would seem they view their customers as a hindrance.

I highly recommend you all learn how to use bitcoin-otc and buy directly from the trusted sellers over there; whatever you do, do NOT use get-bitcoin.com. After reading many good things about them, my €1933.00 was left in limbo for 5 days. They did offer to completely eliminate their 5% fees for that particular trade, but the person sent to pick up the Western Union transfers has been fired, and get-bitcoin.com would not have been able to pick up the transfer without her, as the name on the transfer sheet has to match the identification produced by the receiver.

If it were possible to give them less than a 0/10 I'd do it.
TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 04:47:26 AM

Hey there. Sorry about that - we send people invoices via Bank of America and Chase, but sometimes they act up and stuff doesn't get sent out or gets delayed, and we have to re-send the invoice. (We're working on a better system now, hope to have that done by next week.) Could you send us your order number? We can probably just re-send the invoice if something went wrong the first time.

Cool, that's what you called service.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: