Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people get depressed?  (Read 619 times)
Wolfblood200$ (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2023, 03:58:11 PM

On my way to school today..I came across a man that slumped and died instantly on the road.. People said he might be going through depression..I want to know what causes depression and how to deal with it..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355

View Profile
April 28, 2023, 07:09:37 PM

Oh, well, I am sure the guy dying on the street is just dying to know what caused his depression and how to deal with it. Maybe we should hold a seance and ask him directly? I am sure the dead guy would really appreciate our efforts to diagnose and treat his mental health condition posthumously.  Roll Eyes
Bholutefe

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 05:01:18 PM

People gets depressed for a lot of reasons, which are financial problems, health issues, marital/family issues, mental illness, job stress and lots more. One thing we should always realise is that we shouldn’t allow our problems to overcome us in such a distressful manner whereby mental disabilities and depression sets into our lifes. Everyone has one or two things they are going through in life, life itself is not perfect neither are we. We should always ensure that we let go every worries in no time so that our life’s can balance alongside our mental state.
jvanname

Activity: 702
Merit: 51

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 04:53:03 PM

People get depressed because they lack sentience. These days AI bots are better at having conversations than humans because humans lack the basic qualities that all mammals should have. And for that reason, I look forward to a future where AI dominates the planet. But to get that future, you will need to invest in reversible computing technologies, but you have not done that. Instead people like you are full of intense hatred and unrelenting anger because I want to do whatever I can to bring about the future filled with reversible AI. What a shame!
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 14, 2023, 08:39:52 AM

For a man lots of responsibilities and poor source of income can result to depression, also lack of peace in his matrimonial home too can cause depression. For ladies it can vary Some could be body shaming, others lack of contentment, some relationship and abusive homes. Depression is one thing no one should ever wish for during my undergraduate days I got depressed when I could not afford my school fees and it got worst when the deadline came and I wasn't able to pay which I ended up repeating a full session. I got depressed it almost took my life but I am grateful to God almighty who helped me scale through that tough time.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 17, 2023, 06:23:44 PM

ignoring more serious reasons, people get depressed because they hit a roadblock and insist in hitting it again and again instead of finding new roads or building them on their own
Alisha-k

Activity: 840
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 21, 2023, 01:22:06 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2023, 02:26:57 PM by Alisha-k

Depression 😔😔..
My relative lost her memory and is in her healing process now all because of depression..

I'll just give you a hint on what took her there..

So she was 18 and very passionate and optimistic about being big and making it into game, in 2020 during the covid19, she was among the so many youths who discovered passion, she began writing, creating contents influencing business and boyyyy! She was so good at what she was doing.

Along the line, she lost focus and began to take life more like a competition, she was so glued to her phone that she ignored friends and family members and like flash, all her friends left her...
She was still okay until, she became glued to her phone, neglected friends and family and like a flash, she lost not 1, not 2, but all of her friends....

Depression set in when her closest friend gave her a piece of his mind in the most weirdest ways.

Then she realized how much value in human forms she had lost and it seemed too late to retrace her steps..

So that was it, gradually she began to see her self as less and not worth the kind of life she had, not worthy of anything good at all..
Depression sets in when you desire to have a particular life and it's not forth coming...
Depression can come in from the loss of a loved one, just anything.

Check up on people you love today, not everyone smiling is happy.
Your *I love you*, can go a very long way and so to you reading this now, I love you and I wish amidst all odds, life favours you 🙏🙏🙏

yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1849

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2023, 07:13:16 PM

It is strange how people knew that this man who fell in the street and died was depressed?!!

In any case, regardless, the causes of depression are many, especially in the present time. Financial, family, health and psychological problems, and even government pressures, all cause depression.

The only solution is to ignore all these problems and remain optimistic about the occurrence of change for the better in the future.
Stepstowealth

Activity: 462
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 29, 2023, 08:24:56 PM

On my way to school today..I came across a man that slumped and died instantly on the road.. People said he might be going through depression..I want to know what causes depression and how to deal with it..
The man slumped and died because he had some health challenges or died from the fall, maybe hitting his head somewhere. Depression although is a mental issue in some cases, cannot make you slump and die when you did not try to kill yourself intentionally to be free from depression. Depression can lead to suicide, not sudden death. There are many depressed people walking about daily pretending to be alright but don't you have a conversation with them you find out that the exhibit some characteristics of depression. Depression is real and given a listening ear to someone can safe them.
RajeshKarwa

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 03:39:53 AM

Depression is a complicated mental health illness with numerous causes and contributing variables. It's crucial to remember that depression is caused by a variety of causes, including biological, psychological, and social influences. It's essential to remember that depression is a highly individualized experience, and what may cause depression in one person may not apply to another. Some common factors that may contribute to depression development include:

1. Biological : There is evidence that specific abnormalities in brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, can contribute to depression. Furthermore, genetics can add to a person's susceptibility to depression. If a person has a family history of depression, they are more likely to develop the disorder themselves.

2. Psychology : A person's predisposition to depression can be strongly influenced by psychological variables. Individuals with low self-esteem, a negative self-image, or a tendency to be critical of themselves may be predisposed to depression. Furthermore, some personality qualities, such as being very critical of oneself, perfectionistic, or overly dependent, can raise the risk.

3. Social reasons: A person's mental well-being can be influenced by social support and the quality of relationships. Depression can be exacerbated by a lack of social support, loneliness, or problems in personal relationships.

4. Medical reasons: Chronic illnesses (such as cancer, diabetes, or heart disease), hormonal imbalances (such as thyroid disorders), or neurological conditions can all raise the chance of developing depression.

Thanks !!
WillyAp

Activity: 672
Merit: 16

Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 01:42:43 PM

Depression starts in childhood, deception, interpretation, shattered ambitions  dreams, all that adds up.
Lets face it, society is not human friendly, animals feel happy in cities. Many people believe to live a life of lies.

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 12:26:13 PM

society is not human friendly

it's mostly our own parents that mess us up though.
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
June 25, 2023, 06:22:36 PM

If there is no one who you can share your worries and concerns for for them to encourage and give you some kind of mental boost, you can get affected by depression. A person who has someone that they can talk to will not easily get depressed unlike someone who always is reserved and barely has anyone to talk to.

it's mostly our own parents that mess us up though.

This is only true for those who were unfortunate to have bad and irresponsible parents.

Woodie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2023, 08:53:55 AM

Depression can not be pin pointed to one cause for all..

People do get depressed for failing to open up to a friend or family because something is eating them up psychologically and nobody is giving him or her an ear to listen.

Sometimes pride ,culture, tradition , lifestyle etc  can get in someone's way as there are certain things society will look down on people and this really corners a person in their on mind...Tbh depression is a silent killer and is a big topic on its own, but all I can say is let's normalize talking to someone..no man is an island.

Agbe

Activity: 868
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 29, 2023, 03:28:55 PM

There are lot of things that make people to be in the mood of depression. The highest thing that make people to have depression is poverty. When there are lot of things to do in your mind and you have not done any, that also cause depression. When your children have not paid their school fees, have there is no good to eat. When you don't have rest of mind then the next thing is depression. So to some extent to solve depression is to share your problems with other people. According to a saying. "Problem share is problem solved".
Majestic-milf

Activity: 784
Merit: 589

View Profile
July 30, 2023, 12:05:32 PM

The story you used to bring in the question is quite funny. I wonder how those people were able to come to the conclusion that he was depressed. Did he carry a placard that read "I'm depressed?". Well, thats not the issue. The thing is depression is a like a parasite that slowly eats at someone but most of the times, it has power only if we let it. We all go through so many issues that can cost us our sound mind but at times, allowing it to fester to the point that taking drastic decisions is the only option left most times proves harmful because then we get disconnected from loved ones who genuinely want to help.
 I've seen first hand how depression can suck the life literally out of someone and asking the question about the reason people get depressed can be as a result of so many reasons; not meeting up goals, expectations and more.
tech30338

Activity: 532
Merit: 125

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2023, 04:33:00 AM

I think the guy who died is sick even before seeing by others that he/she is depress , although it will trigger a lot of things in your body and will also help put their guard down and do something that will worsen their disease, as per my experience during the pandemic, being lonely and depress, will trigger a reaction in your body during that time, I develop a problem in my hands where some dots show in my skin, because a lot of things is going on in my mind like money, work, etc. but after a rest and a clear mind even without drinking a medicine it disappear.
Ozymon

Activity: 41
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 02, 2023, 09:51:12 PM

there are too many variables which could lead to depression, I'm gonna use Maslow's hierarchy of needs to clarify this.
From the bottom of the hierarchy upwards, the needs are: physiological, safety, love and belonging, esteem and self actualization.

If on of those is not fulfilled, it could lead to a depression. You could ask me anything regarding to this theory, let's discuss.

Here is a useful link to understand better what is Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
https://canadacollege.edu/dreamers/docs/Maslows-Hierarchy-of-Needs.pdf

I_RodimusPrime

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 06, 2023, 04:46:06 PM

we are all depressed because of something. My advice is don't think that you have depression. Because if you think of that you will get depressed. So eat well, sleep well, have fun and rest well.
Compromise me

Activity: 420
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 04:42:37 PM

People get depress due to several reasons. Family problems can cause depression. When  family problems heart someone, man gets depress and it  can cause death of man. Social media is also a big cause of depression in human being. People on social media show that they are very happy, in real life,  they are also surrounded by problems. When people see that they are very satisfied and happy from their life but I'm not they get depress.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: