Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:45:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Promo offers from Twitter Influencers Scam ore serious offers?  (Read 147 times)
SolomonF5 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 03:49:30 PM

hello together, i have a question about Twitter and its promo influencers. I recently finished my first NFT collection its all new my twitter account has just 20 followers, but since i started listing my NFTs to opensea and added a post with explains about the added value of my NFT collection i instantly start getting rows of promo offers from diffrent Twitter NFT influencers. I checked the profiles but they seem more like professional promoters than scammers, but still i dont know what to think about it. they have between 100k and 1 million followers and the accounts are from 2009-2019 so they are doing this for quite a while. Since these people follow me, my impressions rised from 6 to 80 in more ore less 2 days so...what am i dealing with here right now? should i take them serious ore better just ignore them ?
Nwada001

Activity: 588
Merit: 631

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 04:19:58 PM

The internet is full of business people these days, especially on social media platforms, and everyone wants to earn from whatever they can grab their hands on. These days, we never really can tell who is who on social media. There are lots of influencers in different fields, and it's not just on Twitter. Once you post any art work on Instagram, you will get almost an immediate reply from some kind of promoter who will want to offer you an effort to promote your art work on their page, which has more subscribers than you do. Now that both subscribers and followers can be bought from some online traffic and follower sellers, we just can't trust anyone.

My advice is to do your own proper research on those offering you help. If I may ask, what kind of offer are they making to you? Is it to promote your NFT for you to get quick buyers, or is it for you to hand it over to them for them to help you sell it? Depending on the approach at which they write you, sometimes it might be easier to identify their real intention.

No matter what offer they make to you, please don't grant anyone on the internet access to your NFT, which means either sending it to them or sharing the key with them. Don't ever make such a mistake.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
348Judah

Activity: 728
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 04:44:20 PM

hello together, i have a question about Twitter and its promo influencers. I recently finished my first NFT collection its all new my twitter account has just 20 followers, but since i started listing my NFTs to opensea and added a post with explains about the added value of my NFT collection i instantly start getting rows of promo offers from diffrent Twitter NFT influencers. I checked the profiles but they seem more like professional promoters than scammers, but still i dont know what to think about it. they have between 100k and 1 million followers and the accounts are from 2009-2019 so they are doing this for quite a while. Since these people follow me, my impressions rised from 6 to 80 in more ore less 2 days so...what am i dealing with here right now? should i take them serious ore better just ignore them ?

If you have someone you know that has done same thing with better results at the end and they recommend you in doing it also, then yiu can go ahead, if not, then know that everyone is taking risk in whatsoever thing we do in cryptocurrency and this now get a little more higher because you're dealing with bounties/NFTs, some are true while some aren't, vut if you're able to conduct a convincing research about them and feels satisfied with what you've seen or learn about them, you can go ahead, but know that all these has the probability of working or not at the end, wjen you have this mindset already, if it didn't work then you're safe, if it worked you've gained.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SolomonF5 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 06:40:48 PM

My advice is to do your own proper research on those offering you help. If I may ask, what kind of offer are they making to you? Is it to promote your NFT for you to get quick buyers, or is it for you to hand it over to them for them to help you sell it? Depending on the approach at which they write you, sometimes it might be easier to identify their real intention.

They want to promote my nFT collection, they dont want me to handover anything, exept for the payment for their service, some want it prepayd some not. Actually i tried to find out if all of these followers likes, retweets and other interactions are just bought by them ore if this are real interactions from real humans. But thats almost impossible to find out. But anyway the impressions for some of my pics rose significant since these guys are following me. Some went up from 6 to 20 others from 6 to 100

Do you may have some tips i could use to promote my collection without using social media are there any other alternatives ?
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1213

Heisenberg

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 09:31:54 PM

If someone DMs you even before you ask for any offer, then there is a very high chance that they might scam you or not give you the service you expect. Professional promoters and influencers don't go desperately lurking in people's DMs

Most of those huge accounts with huge followings just have bots as followers. The trick they use is to make fake giveaways, but in order for one to be eligible for the giveaway, they must follow the account and retweet the posts. So over time the following grows to 100K, with some people using their alt accounts to follow in hope of winning the giveaways.

Save your money.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3186

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2023, 09:46:54 PM

They want to promote my nFT collection, they dont want me to handover anything, exept for the payment for their service, some want it prepayd some not. Actually i tried to find out if all of these followers likes, retweets and other interactions are just bought by them ore if this are real interactions from real humans. But thats almost impossible to find out. But anyway the impressions for some of my pics rose significant since these guys are following me. Some went up from 6 to 20 others from 6 to 100

Do you may have some tips i could use to promote my collection without using social media are there any other alternatives ?

Honestly, influencer promotion on Twitter will certainly help in a certain way, but I am of the opinion that advertising on Twitter is overrated. There are accounts with a huge number of followers, but this does not guarantee influence.
The only ones who have real influence are public figures but I think they are too expensive for needs like yours.

you should actually activate all social media channels, not just Twitter. I think that YouTube and Tiktok currently have a slightly stronger influence than Twitter.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alphadoggo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 09:47:20 PM

99% Advertisment for its own purpose. Litteraly 99% , 1 in 100 might have a real offer.
On the other hand stick to the mainstream NFT marketplace, get off Twitter and Youtube ohh yea also Facebook.
Things have definitely gone worse over the years, and we have an pandemic of scammers.
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 09:53:00 PM

One thing is to consider that if it's being paid to be shown to you, it's of no advantage to you. If you yourself go and find something out which can be profitable, go ahead with that.
Influencers are paid just to get a product name spread in the market and it doesn't have to be a scam every time. In crypto, mostly it is.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2023, 10:30:29 PM

Promotional offers from Twitter influencers are both true and scams depending on who you are dealing with.  There are people on Twitter who are serious in promoting other projects on Twitter and acting as influencers  but as always, in every service, it is always mixed with scams ones.  Remember you are the one paying on this deal so you better make sure that you are not taken advantage of by these fraudsters and scammers.

You can always make a deal that is favorable to you and may hinder scammers pretending to be legit influencers to take advantage of your needs for promotional service.  One of these is getting an escrow to hold the agreed payment or putting the payment fund in a multi-signature address where each one of you (you and the escrow)got the key to allow the transaction.  You can then be able to release the fund when the job is done or hold it if they scam you.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 10:49:41 PM

As a rule of thumb, if someone approaches you and offers you to make money, they are trying to scam you. Unless you are a very popular person and everyone actually wants to work with you.

If these promoters are asking for a fee for their service, it's likely a scam or a bad deal. For you as a creator the best option would be to split profits with them, so in case your collection flops, you don't lose any money paying to promoters.
Adbitco

Activity: 1442
Merit: 658

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2023, 11:18:04 PM

We can't actually detects whose offer is real here but you should know yourself maybe if they present their subsequent promotion they've handled then it would convince you the more to rely on them. Even as that you don't have to be totally overwhelmed with their good offers or strategies because the media platforms are filled with lots of deceit so you may not have the idea to locate the right people to accept their offer.
Just as few already suggested here, don't accept any offers you weren't the one that sent for it first.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2023, 12:01:00 AM

I checked the profiles but they seem more like professional promoters than scammers, but still i dont know what to think about it. they have between 100k and 1 million followers and the accounts are from 2009-2019 so they are doing this for quite a while. Since these people follow me, my impressions rised from 6 to 80 in more ore less 2 days so...what am i dealing with here right now? should i take them serious ore better just ignore them ?

share the twitter links of those accounts because I can buy an old account for less than $50 and then buy thousands of fake followers with a budget of less than a thousand dollars. Therefore, the number of followers, the blue tick, and the date the account was created do not indicate that it is a professional or scammer.

Look at the interaction of users with tweets, is it real interaction or bots, the date of the first posts, is it the same as the date of creation of the account or not, and the type of discussions, is it personal or can it be published only about NFT.

I wish you success.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 12:06:07 AM

Twitter is the perfect place for marketing crypto and these influencers are taking advantage of it. If you think they are legit after doing your own research by visiting their profile don't worry about the DM, they maybe have a team for marketing and taking projects from companies or individuals. But most importantly do your research carefully and check that the account is active or hacked or not before taking any step with them.
SolomonF5 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 12:20:18 AM

I checked the profiles but they seem more like professional promoters than scammers, but still i dont know what to think about it. they have between 100k and 1 million followers and the accounts are from 2009-2019 so they are doing this for quite a while. Since these people follow me, my impressions rised from 6 to 80 in more ore less 2 days so...what am i dealing with here right now? should i take them serious ore better just ignore them ?

share the twitter links of those accounts because I can buy an old account for less than $50 and then buy thousands of fake followers with a budget of less than a thousand dollars. Therefore, the number of followers, the blue tick, and the date the account was created do not indicate that it is a professional or scammer.

Look at the interaction of users with tweets, is it real interaction or bots, the date of the first posts, is it the same as the date of creation of the account or not, and the type of discussions, is it personal or can it be published only about NFT.

I wish you success.

https://twitter.com/cryptotommy88
https://twitter.com/cryptoarthur92
https://twitter.com/cryptoprof72

https://twitter.com/Mechilambre
https://twitter.com/MimiAlvaradoCZ

This are the main twitter accounts. Im really looking forward to the day we find a solution for that scammer problem...
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2023, 12:40:42 AM

The influencer promotion on Twitter is real but this is a cryptocurrency market and I believe you should know that there are always some bad actors working hard to scam people from their hard-earned money.
If you need the promo service, I will advise you to familiarize yourself with the real Twitter influencer promoter that has good influence power so you can get a good result.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1867

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 03:14:47 AM

I don't want to conclude right away that Twitter influencers are plain scammers. You hire them for a fair price, you will get what you ask for: promotion. After all, they've got even a million followers. Just make sure the followers are properly audited for bots and fake accounts and that they're mostly made up of the very kind of users you wish to make an audience of. They're selling visibility of whatever it is you want to be promoted. They're probably not promising you beyond that. In your case, they're probably not giving you a guarantee that you will have many customers because of them.

Whether they're effective or not, I don't know. What I know is that people shouldn't easily fall to whatever it is that's promoted there.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
asawale

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 06:08:54 AM

Those falling victims of these scammers also see what the scammers want them to see. You see them as being legit and professional at what they do. But be rest assured that no legit person will ask you of your wallet balance, Private keys or recovery phrases before dealing with you. Once the conversation is heading that way, that makes the person a scammer. Scammers also look professional at what they claim to do. That why they keep having victims to scam.
worle1bm

Activity: 1834
Merit: 166

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 08:22:19 AM

The most of them have fake engagement and if you are willing to sell it out you won't get much help from these influencers.They will take money from you for paid promotions and have set rates for each type of promotion you are willing to do but in reality they have no experience of marketing and this is what projects needs to succeed in the market.The 1000's of rt on your tweet with most of them fake is much better you have some way to reach to real audience.So for me these influencers are not way for making real promotions.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T               CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO               [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     WHITEPAPER     //          R L B          //     RLB LOTTERY     //
███████ ███████      |       Twitter       |        ►   S P O R T S B O O K   |   [ N E W ]  C L A N S   ◄        |      Discord      |      ███████ ███████
Fiatless

Activity: 560
Merit: 536

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 08:57:46 AM

I don't think the number of followers is a reliable means of determining if an influencer is reliable or not a scammer. I used to think this way until I saw an advert in this forum where a member promised to raise the followers of any social account if they pay a certain amount. Which means followership can be manipulated.

How long the influencer has been in business can be a good indicator but you should also be careful because his account might be hacked or cloned to carry out a fraudulent act. Also, the influencer might have compromised his integrity.

There are genuine and reliable influencers that can help your business to grow but you just have to be careful in you dealing with these social media business people. And don't give them money or your product without verifying every bit of the business proposal and transactions.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 10:45:16 AM

Why don't you want to use social media to promote your project?  Anyway, I think you should create your website and publish content such as blogs and articles on it. Also, you can utilize SEO to drive organic traffic to your website or your Opensea Profile.

I'm wondering why don't you want to use social media. Using it doesn't mean that you should hire influencers. You can do it for free. However, that'll be a slow process of getting potential buyers.

I believe the crux of the matter is whether you would prefer to invest more money in marketing your products (NFT Collections) or handle all the marketing efforts yourself.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: