Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:46:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I be profitable in the NBA PLAYOFFS? ===>check inside  (Read 474 times)
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 680

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 05:46:31 PM

I'm putting my current balance of $72.50 on the Miami Heat moneyline, which has odds of 4.41.

Good luck!

I'm sorry for your loss. It's a pity that the series ended at the same time as your deposit.
Do you plan to analyze your bets, maybe fix something and try a similar experiment again in the future? It seems to me that your main mistake was that you violated the rule about which you yourself wrote. Rebalancing the bet size would allow you to keep at least part of the deposit.

As a golden rule in sports betting, bettors should only put 2% to 5% of the total bankroll into a single bet. Therefore, I will start with 5%, but since this is the playoffs and I find it easy to predict, I may also try a semi-martingale strategy.

Again, even if it is an early pick, we still have some chance to be emotional about it especially if we saw some huge lines on the underdog in which we also think that they stand a good chance against the favorites even if the lines were suggesting the opposite in the first place. The OP's written rule might do the trick but as the playoffs drags, our emotions and analysis drags as well.
Unfortunately, in the case of Miami Heat, they only managed to win 1 game and nothing follows after that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
stadus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 02:40:00 PM

I'm putting my current balance of $72.50 on the Miami Heat moneyline, which has odds of 4.41.

Good luck!

I'm sorry for your loss. It's a pity that the series ended at the same time as your deposit.
Do you plan to analyze your bets, maybe fix something and try a similar experiment again in the future? It seems to me that your main mistake was that you violated the rule about which you yourself wrote. Rebalancing the bet size would allow you to keep at least part of the deposit.

Yeah, you're right, but it doesn't make sense to bet 5% of the total bankroll when the amount is too low. I would rather go all in since there are only a few games remaining. So, for example, in game 5 where the Nuggets could win, then I might as well risk everything I have and consider the experiment a failure if my bet losses. I'm sure I have learned a lot from this experiment, and I will try again next season right from the start of the regular season. Hopefully, by that time, I will end up with a profit.

Current balance "0" . I am closing this thread also. Thanks, guys!

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███