Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your own 'Bitcoin and Me story'  (Read 146 times)
Amphenomenon (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 326

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2023, 04:42:47 PM

May 4th, should have been Hal Finney 67th birthday. Though he is gone but as long as Bitcoin continues to exist, he will always be remembered along with the early developers.

I read about his post Bitcoin and me (Hal Finney), and I'm really move and inspired by it, from what he did when he discovered bitcoin has a monetary value, how he transferred his bitcoin from his wallet to an offline wallet in order to store them for his heirs, this made me remember a verse in the bible, Proverbs 13:22
A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.
and this may make him the first ever person to see bitcoin as an inheritance, he did this because he had a fetal disease (ALS) but, he still seeing bitcoin potentials is a beautiful thing, though he wish he hadn't stop mining bitcoin early but he was still grateful that he didn't miss out.

He saw how he got his bitcoin as luck, with little credit, that is, maybe being the first person (after Satoshi) to run bitcoin, mining about 70-something blocks and being the first recipient of bitcoin through transaction when Satoshi sent him 10 bitcoin as a test, then after him mostly reporting bugs (through email) to Satoshi and Satoshi fixing them (this was done in some few days). At that time, he thought he was dealing with a young Japanese ancestry who was very smart and sincere (He was able to guess this because had been fortune  to meet many brilliant people over the course of his life).

Aside from this, what got me inspired is from the fact that even after he was unable to speak or move, he still finds a way to code, though he was like 50 times slower than before but he didn't stop because he loves it and he was even working on a project about hardening Bitcoin wallets. With this I see more reason to do things I love because when life hits us, it is the things that we love that can keep us moving and also when things gets difficult, we can always continue to go on only when we love that thing.

Being fortunate to be involved in a world changing projects is one of the most beautiful thing of life and a blessing. Hal Finney and others was fortunate indeed to be among this, though this came to them because they were able to recognise a good projects through the efforts they put in their careers. I definitely have a long way to go but with consistency and hard work I will be able to excel in careers and life by God's grace .
I know there are lots of iconic members in this forum, who have been into Bitcoin for over a decade and so I would like to know your own Bitcoin and Me stories (hoping to have one someday).

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LDL

Activity: 588
Merit: 582

View Profile
May 05, 2023, 09:58:45 PM

That's my story. I'm pretty lucky overall. Even with the ALS, my life is very satisfying. But my life expectancy is limited. Those discussions about inheriting your bitcoins are of more than academic interest. My bitcoins are stored in our safe deposit box, and my son and daughter are tech savvy. I think they're safe enough. I'm comfortable with my legacy.

May 4th was the 67th birthday of eminent personality, scientist, legend Hal Finney (RIP). We wish him eternal peace. Hal Finney's contribution to the advancement of Bitcoin cannot be overstated.
I have read his entire post on Bitcoin and I found it to be excellent. I want to apply some of his words to my life and I have already started. In his writings he mentions that man's life is limited and he must die. But what we have done for our children in this exciting life, to make them happy in their later life, surely we should save some bitcoins for them like Hal Finney did for his children and wife.
I have decided that I will save some bitcoins for future security for my child which they (child and wife) can use in future. I keep a certain portion of whatever I earn from trading for future needs.
Just as Hal Finney kept his bitcoins in the "Safe Deposit Box" for the sake of his family, I have started keeping my bitcoins in Safe Wallet for future safety of my children. Of course I shared important security measures like private key, seed phase etc. of my wallet with my wife.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1285

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2023, 12:47:03 AM

Do we all need a Bitcoin and Me story? Hal Finney was an exceptional figure like Steve Hawking, he believed in the value of Bitcoin, and tried to develop it from the first days where the rich or material motives were not the main driver.

Most of us are ordinary people, we lived ordinary lives, and we only got to know Bitcoin when it became valuable after 2013, so the percentage of those who deserve to write a Bitcoin and Me story is less than 0.05% of the total active members currently.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OcTradism

Activity: 1736
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2023, 02:38:01 AM
Merited by Amphenomenon (1)

Are those stories you looking for like those?

[Interviews] with Bitcointalk members. The most voted favorite story is from gmaxwell. He is a very prominent Bitcoin Core developer.

Gregory Maxwell: How I Went From Bitcoin Skeptic to Core Developer

Read Satoshi's lesson too.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Amphenomenon (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 326

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2023, 03:18:26 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2023, 09:51:24 PM by Mr. Big

Are those stories you looking for like those?

[Interviews] with Bitcointalk members. The most voted favorite story is from gmaxwell. He is a very prominent Bitcoin Core developer.

Gregory Maxwell: How I Went From Bitcoin Skeptic to Core Developer

Read Satoshi's lesson too.
Thanks for this.
Do we all need a Bitcoin and Me story? Hal Finney was an exceptional figure like Steve Hawking, he believed in the value of Bitcoin, and tried to develop it from the first days where the rich or material motives were not the main driver.

Most of us are ordinary people, we lived ordinary lives, and we only got to know Bitcoin when it became valuable after 2013, so the percentage of those who deserve to write a Bitcoin and Me story is less than 0.05% of the total active members currently.
Bitcoin users after 2013 still deserves to write Bitcoin and Me story because not everyone was fortunate to get it after it got a monetary value and also others who did, might sold their's early.

I have decided that I will save some bitcoins for future security for my child which they (child and wife) can use in future. I keep a certain portion of whatever I earn from trading for future needs.
Just as Hal Finney kept his bitcoins in the "Safe Deposit Box" for the sake of his family, I have started keeping my bitcoins in Safe Wallet for future safety of my children. Of course I shared important security measures like private key, seed phase etc. of my wallet with my wife.

Saving bitcoins for our children and love ones is beautiful, you don't have to worry about any insurance fee, taxes, lost of validity.
Also you can choose to set a locked transaction to the number of years you want before they can use it, this is a smart move but it is better to teach them also about bitcoin (so that, one doesn't have to worried how their bitcoin is spent in the grave Grin).

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀