Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you negotiate entry level salary especially when you don't have an idea  (Read 44 times)
Nicestake (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 05:28:27 AM

Here are 5 ways:

Negotiating entry level salaries is no joke. This is because you are coming from a place of no

experience.

For you as an entry level, you are confused as to the range of figure to state.

Should I go high? What if am shooting my self in the leg and the company can not afford it?

Should I go low? What if they are paying other people higher and I am made mockery of?

I have been in these two situations.

One, I called a figure so low that the HP had to ask me to restate the expected salary figure

again. Two, I called a figure so high that the silence after stated my figure was so deep and knew immediately I am not getting the job.

I am not sharing this from a place of expertise as there's no fixed salary to ask at every point in time.

But I would give you a few tips to negotiating that may guide you in taking the right decisions.

1. Don't go into salary negotiation without being armed with information:

This specifically was shared by our members on Wednesday. Arm yourself with information, no matter how little about the salary range of the company. Then, you can argue from a place of knowledge. You can avoid making the mistakes made when armed with information.

2. know what you bring to the table:

It is crucial for you to know exactly what you bring to the table and negotiate from a place of value. This is why equipping yourself with skills is crucial. You find you are able to negotiate for higher figures when you are certain of the value you bring.

3. Be Confident in Negotiation:

If this is the only thing you take from today. Let it be. It is important to approach salary negotiations with confidence. This means being assertive while maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.

4. Consider Non-Salary Benefits too:

There are some jobs you should take up, not because of the salary but because of the perks that

come with it.

Our speaker on Wednesday said she took a $75 entry level job because she was able to get Tech certifications easily. If the job has other perks than salaries such as intense Learning on the job, you may be willing to consider other non-salary terms.

5. Be willing to negotiate:

Contrary to what is said about being insistent on a particular figure, I would advice you to be

willing to negotiate. You may understand the employer's perspective and be willing to make

concessions.

Finally, don't tremble when stating the figure. State the figure that you deserve and go for it!

I hope this helps you as you negotiate entry level salary figures.

for experienced professionals, tell me what other tips you would add so that entry level professionals can negotiate better.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baobab -Three

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 10:13:38 AM

You have to ask for the maximum possible for the category to get an acceptable salary
@sriyan

Activity: 468
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 01:34:19 PM

Here are 5 ways:

Negotiating entry level salaries is no joke. This is because you are coming from a place of no

experience.

Should I go high? What if am shooting my self in the leg and the company can not afford it?

Should I go low? What if they are paying other people higher and I am made mockery of?

One, I called a figure so low that the HP had to ask me to restate the expected salary figure

again. Two, I called a figure so high that the silence after stated my figure was so deep and knew immediately I am not getting the job.

I am not sharing this from a place of expertise as there's no fixed salary to ask at every point in time.

But I would give you a few tips to negotiating that may guide you in taking the right decisions.

This specifically was shared by our members on Wednesday. Arm yourself with information, no matter how little about the salary range of the company. Then, you can argue from a place of knowledge. You can avoid making the mistakes made when armed with information.

It is crucial for you to know exactly what you bring to the table and negotiate from a place of value. This is why equipping yourself with skills is crucial. You find you are able to negotiate for higher figures when you are certain of the value you bring.

If this is the only thing you take from today. Let it be. It is important to approach salary negotiations with confidence. This means being assertive while maintaining a professional and respectful demeanor.

There are some jobs you should take up, not because of the salary but because of the perks that

come with it.

Our speaker on Wednesday said she took a $75 entry level job because she was able to get Tech certifications easily. If the job has other perks than salaries such as intense Learning on the job, you may be willing to consider other non-salary terms.

Contrary to what is said about being insistent on a particular figure, I would advice you to be

willing to negotiate. You may understand the employer's perspective and be willing to make

concessions.

Finally, don't tremble when stating the figure. State the figure that you deserve and go for it!

for experienced professionals, tell me what other tips you would add so that entry level professionals can negotiate better.

If you are not sure about the salary range of the job, you can tell him that you are flexible about the salary amount. That will be the good answer.
Dhrugtest

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 09:43:05 PM

Here are 5 ways:

experience.

come with it.

concessions.

If you are not sure about the salary range of the job, you can tell him that you are flexible about the salary amount. That will be the good answer.

You're right boss as if you knew what I add in mind
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: