Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cryptocurrency a financial pyramid  (Read 455 times)
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2023, 05:19:32 AM

You talked about the popularity of Bitcoin. Bitcoin has come a long way in terms of popularity. On a yearly basis, it can be seen that every year the popularity of Bitcoin has gradually increased compared to the previous years. People are now using this Bitcoin as one of the means of investment. We can call Bitcoin a financial pyramid to some people who are involved in investing in Bitcoin and to those who are successful in investing, Bitcoin is a financial pyramid. Those who invest in the right way will be able to take this financial pyramid much higher. Because investing in the right way will increase the amount of money.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 05:26:15 AM

I never really considered the presence of a pyramid scheme in relation to Bitcoin, as the two are entirely unrelated. However, in the realm of altcoins, which have the freedom to implement their own business models, such schemes seem to be more prevalent. Hence, it is highly likely that the association of pyramid systems with cryptocurrencies stems from altcoins.

The cryptocurrency landscape bears more blemishes caused by altcoins and their developers. Numerous altcoin projects have ended up being scams, with the number of victims growing by the day. This is why cryptocurrencies are often viewed negatively in various circles.

In short, you are trying to blame altcoins without questioning why there are scam altcoins. All because of investor greed, if you are not greedy and do not want to get rich quickly, no one can scam you. Your blaming of altcoins is like the government blaming bitcoin because it is used by criminals, and they say bitcoin is involved in crime. You don't profit from altcoins, and you hate them?
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 06:29:43 AM

I came across a news on Quora and I went into a very deep reason on the reality  of life and judge from the article on the post, I couldn't agree less with the author/writer because at the long run, it seems money is just circulating and the moment  money seizes circulation, even the price of bitcoin  is affected, hence the price of bitcoin  would increase if demand increases and demand can only increase when there is more money to spend.

So I had to bring this to the forum to know if you guys also think, cryptocurrency is some ways a financial pyramid.
Let's discuss please

All financial pyramids collapse sooner or later. Bitcoin is here since 2009 and it won't be collapsing anytime soon.
There are other scarce resources and assets with limited supply and unstable demand. Does that mean that they are a financial pyramid as well? According to this dumb logic, gold and diamonds can also be considered a financial pyramid. Grin
There are differences between a financial pyramid(ponzi scheme) and a pump&dump shitcoin scam. Those differences have been mentioned multiple times on the forum years ago. Just search for the old forum threads about this topic.

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 07:06:09 AM

They likely didn’t get Bitcoin right.
(....)
Because they thought Bitcoin is like a stock or any scheme that "get rich quick" scheme or a pyramid where early people will be the only ones who will benefit.
The pyramid scheme is a fraud where investors are promised high returns, whereas on Bitcoin, no one will know what will be the return just in case you buy and treat it as an investment.
The pyramid scheme pays existing investors from new investors, which on Bitcoin, we don't have any of this.

These people don't know how Bitcoin really works besides treating it as an investment.
Correct, a Ponzi scheme has a few people behind which promise incredibly high profits to anyone which invest with them, then they use part of that money to pay early investors until the whole thing explodes and everyone realizes they were scammed.

Satoshi never promised any kind of returns by investing in bitcoin, in fact he was very open about the possibility of bitcoin not succeeding, and each person decided on their own to invest in bitcoin despite the lack of guarantees given, so it is obvious bitcoin is not a financial pyramid.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 11:57:58 AM

Actually crypto currency is not a form of financial pyramiding. It is a digital asset that operates independently. There are instances where crypto currency has been used in a pyramid schemes, where individuals are promised with high returns on their investments, but the returns paid out using funds from new investors rather than from actual profit. That kind of scheme is illegal and can result to financial losses for those who are involved. It is important to do thorough research before investing in any type of crypto currency or investment opportunity, and to be wary of promises of high returns with little effort or risk.

m2017
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1304

keep walking, Johnnie

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 01:18:30 PM

So I had to bring this to the forum to know if you guys also think, cryptocurrency is some ways a financial pyramid.
Let's discuss please

Do you mean a pyramid scheme? Because that word sounds like an outright scam.

I think people need to understand how Bitcoin actually works because not everyone treats it the same way. Let me give you an example. If I use Bitcoin for gambling purposes only, that means I would not care about its investment value. So, my point here is that every user has a different definition of Bitcoin, and I can assure you it's not a pyramid scheme or a scam. The system is built to be decentralized for transaction purposes, and investment is just secondary.
You gave an interesting answer in your own way to OP's tricky question, which allowed me to look at the accusations of bitcoin in the pyramid scheme from a different angle.

Indeed, the investment model (precisely what prompts many to compare it with a pyramid scheme) was not initially incorporated into bitcoin at all (there is not a single word about this in the white paper). This is something that users themselves brought to btc themselves. You correctly emphasize that btc is decentralized electronic money and this is the main function.

One of the hallmarks of a pyramid scheme is the presence of a founder of that scheme who is the main beneficiary of the whole scheme. Bitcoin no longer has a founder and has had no influence for many years, as you know. Management, so to speak, is also decentralized and all decisions in the bitcoin network are not made by one person, but by the BTC-community. That is, this is another fact that bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme.

In general, if you read the comments in this thread, then there are much more facts / signs that bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme (if there is any evidence to the contrary).

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tjtonmoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 366

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2023, 05:45:39 PM

~Snip

I am still unsure about the meaning of financial pyramid. The Quora link shows error, so can't do any research based on that article too. But I searched on Google, and it tells me that it's the same as pyramid scheme. It is only possible other cryptocurrency, but Bitcoin is not effected by this. This happens with newly created projects where they do not provide what they promise and through ICOs they collect money from other and when the coin pumps, they sell all their own holdings to scam people. Another way they do it is they put their own money to artificially pump the price to lure people into investing in their project and when the price pumped enough, they sell their holdings creating a pyramid scheme.
Yes, cryptocurrencies are sometime effected by this, but not every time. Centralized coins fall into these categories the most. But if you choose the decentralized one, you are good here.
dwminer1

Activity: 1848
Merit: 530

The OGz Club

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2023, 06:00:34 PM

Cryptocurrencies are mostly a speculative asset, often having some application, not a financial pyramid. A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of future payments. As recruiting multiplies, recruiting becomes quickly impossible, and most members are unable to profit. In the crypotcurrency market, we make our own decisions when we want to buy and sell our assets. We cannot call the laws of supply and demand a pyramid scheme.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MrNickJackson

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 11:55:49 PM

The modern economic system is akin to a pyramid scheme, when you really think about it. A lot of the value from labor at the bottom gets filtered up to the top. This keeps worsening with inflation to where it's more and more difficult for (even intelligent) people to save and move up. Now, that isn't nearly as bad as medieval times where you had a king and lords who would take all excess value to the point of near-starvation or worse. (Unfortunately in parts of the world it's still that bad, but seemingly improving!)

The world seems to have gradually improved for most as time goes on, overall. It will be interesting to see how the next technological boom affects that trend. A lot of new technologies are being built that allow for individuals to have more power than they otherwise would have to control their destiny, but typically corporations and governments, elitists etc try to keep them to themselves as much as possible, and we're already seeing that with the thought of government licensing for AI's. I wonder if we are headed towards some odd UBI-based future where the economy is largely circular and people's economic positions will be more determined by nepotism due to further concentration of power.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Bitcoin and CBDC's. Bitcoin's hard cap is likely what opens it up to people trying to refer to it as something pyramid-scheme like, due to early adopters being more rewarded than latecomers. However, that doesn't really fit the definition of a pyramid scheme at all, you'd have to say that people deciding to trade with gold was a pyramid scheme a long time ago, too. The way Bitcoin functions is more like a limited natural resource than some kind of organized scam. If you found a gold mine early and decided to learn how to mine it, spent time, energy and money to set up shop and work on mining it for yourself before others saw the value of it, you're not taking advantage of others, you saw an opportunity and leaned into it.

Edit: Fixed a word.
coinremitter

Activity: 215
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2023, 05:51:59 AM

As Coinremitter, a crypto payment gateway, I can assure you that cryptocurrency itself is not a financial pyramid. Cryptocurrencies are digital assets that use cryptography for security and operate on decentralized blockchain technology. They have a legitimate and valuable use case as digital currencies, digital assets, and decentralized applications (DApps).

However, it is essential to be cautious when dealing with certain cryptocurrency projects, especially those that promise high returns or operate in a way that resembles a pyramid scheme. There have been instances of fraudulent projects in the crypto space, and it's crucial for users to conduct thorough research and exercise caution when investing or participating in any crypto-related activities.

https://coinremitter.com/?utm_source=com&utm_medium=bitcointalks is committed to providing a secure and reliable payment gateway service for cryptocurrencies, helping businesses and individuals accept digital payments easily and securely. We encourage responsible and informed use of cryptocurrencies, always emphasizing the importance of due diligence and understanding the projects and assets you choose to engage with.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2023, 06:24:31 AM

In my opinion, I do agree that some cryptocurrency are a pyramid scheme, but not all of it. I only consider cryptocurrency that has a useless product, as a pyramid scheme. I think what make a project a pyramid scheme is where the product doesn't really solve any problem, the only people buying it are speculators who wish to re-sell it with higher value to other speculators, none of the buyers actually using the product.

While Bitcoin in nowadays case, people are actually buying it to do a transaction. Not everyone buying Bitcoin only to speculate, most of them buying bitcoin so they can do international transaction, with much less fee, and in less controlled environment. This factor alone already prove that Bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2023, 09:04:35 AM

Maybe there is a similarity, but I think it's probably only around 10% because the pyramid scheme has investors who invest, and then in order for them to make a profit, they need to attract investors like them in order for them to make a profit because if they don't do that, they don't have anything to make money, and most of the time, this style is always high-risk.

Here in cryptocurrency, there are also investors who buy assets that they think can give a profit to the market if they hold them for a long time, even though they are not encouraging people to invest in crypto. In short, in pyramiding schemes, the earnings are based on recruitment, while in cryptocurrency, it is not like that.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bitcoin_people

Activity: 504
Merit: 309

Bitcoin Halving Year 🎗️🎭

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2023, 10:17:02 AM

Since you talked about discussing cryptocurrencies, we know that between altcoin and it. We have seen a lot of shitcoins pumping out huge amounts in the past and people treating it as a financial pyramid. All of these sheetcoins provide the most return, when you invest in a project it will be a proprietary coin, and they can manipulate the value of their coins if they want. And altcoins are never like bitcoins, altcoins are centralized currency, and bitcoin is decentralized. Moreover there is no central organization to control bitcoin and no one can control bitcoin, while altcoins have central organization and they can control their coins.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Z390

Activity: 728
Merit: 306

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 07, 2023, 10:31:46 AM

Since you're discuss about cryptocurrency aka shitcoins, then it's yes shitcoins is a financial pyramid because they offer unrealistic return if you able to invite people to invest in their project. Remember shitcoins is centralized, they can manipulate their supply and their price, it's not like Bitcoin which is decentralized. Bitcoin price is only depends on demand and supply, while shitcoins price is depends on demand and supply and manipulation.
Even Bitcoin is not free from this manipulation too, let me start from the adapters, how many people are using decentralized exchange to trade their Bitcoin? They are not much compare to those that entrust their Bitcoin to centralized exchanges, I know manipulation is far from Bitcoin blockchain itself but how people buy Bitcoin is not safe from manipulation, centralized exchanges are easily manipulated and control.

Also till this day, news still effectively affects Bitcoin, either good or bad, and since these news are coming from a centralized empire or world, that's still control to me, I just wish that a true decentralized way of acquiring Bitcoin is available and all people abandon Centralized exchange, because this is the way it was supposed to be, but people are doing it all wrong with Bitcoin.

If truly people understands Bitcoin, no one will dare use centralized exchange to trade Bitcoin because it just doesn't fits in, with what Bitcoin was created for, so my friend, Bitcoin been decentralized doesn't make it completely safe from power and control from the law and the manipulators.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Gaza13

Activity: 490
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2023, 01:14:13 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2023, 01:25:10 PM by Gaza13

In my opinion, I do agree that some cryptocurrency are a pyramid scheme, but not all of it. I only consider cryptocurrency that has a useless product, as a pyramid scheme. I think what make a project a pyramid scheme is where the product doesn't really solve any problem, the only people buying it are speculators who wish to re-sell it with higher value to other speculators, none of the buyers actually using the product.
While Bitcoin in nowadays case, people are actually buying it to do a transaction. Not everyone buying Bitcoin only to speculate, most of them buying bitcoin so they can do international transaction, with much less fee, and in less controlled environment. This factor alone already prove that Bitcoin is not a pyramid scheme.

Yes, I agree with you, usually new projects or tokens that appear promise a profit to an investor, usually they add that for those who invite someone to invest in it, that person gets a coin in return. Yes indeed, not many countries legalize it as payment in their country, only a few countries have fully legalized it like El Salvador, if Bitcoin is accepted by all parts of the continent I think this will be a very valuable asset, and can carry out a purchase transaction. product. Yes, Bitcoin is not part of a pyramid scheme or series, Bitcoin is not led by its leader, namely Satoshi, Satoshi is only fighting against world finance (Fiat), it is from the community that it develops naturally, the concept given by Bitcoin is not regulated by regulations. anybody

serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2023, 06:12:10 PM

I came across a news on Quora and I went into a very deep reason on the reality  of life and judge from the article on the post, I couldn't agree less with the author/writer because at the long run, it seems money is just circulating and the moment  money seizes circulation, even the price of bitcoin  is affected, hence the price of bitcoin  would increase if demand increases and demand can only increase when there is more money to spend.

Let's discuss please

Crypto? In most cases I agree, it's a financial pyramid, a Ponzi scheme. But, with one exception, namely Bitcoin. Unlike other crypto, Bitcoin has no owners, no stakeholders, just a creator, Satoshi, who is not trying to influence his creation in any way. Satoshi owns approximately 1.000.000 coins but none of them have been spent so far and there are no signs this is going to happen in the nearest future.
alastantiger

Activity: 560
Merit: 303

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 13, 2023, 07:58:39 PM

Let's discuss please
Thank you for bringing this to the forum. In my own opinion considering what a financial pyramid scheme is all about cryptocurrency particularly bitcoin does not fit into this definition. My little understanding of what the financial pyramid scheme is about is that when you invest in Bitcoin you are required to recruit to other persons whose investment in Bitcoin would give you a certain commission and they are required to recruit two more persons and the pyramid keeps growing and growing.

In Bitcoin once you invest in it you do not need to recruit anybody. And even if someone is interested in Bitcoin and invest in Bitcoin there is no commission that is accrued to you. All you need to do is you have the option of holding or trading. This doesn't sound like a financial pyramid scheme to me.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
BIT-BENDER

Activity: 1540
Merit: 702

View Profile
October 13, 2023, 08:17:48 PM

They likely didn’t get Bitcoin right.

Bitcoin doesn’t need increasingly more demand to get a larger price. Scarce supply plays a huge role in the middle of all this. Supply gets more scarce, miners keep mining, price needs an increase for mining to continue to be worth it.
The demand and supply is like a chain they both work hand in hand to affect the price of any coin. If there is a high demand and high supply the price may not be influenced that much there has to be a high demand and a lower supply to the demand for the price to go up and vice versa for the price to go down.
And OP speaking of financial pyramid, I think you should be more elaborate because it's hardly relate to the body of the post. Bitcoin is a digital asset but some schemes has found a way to take the interest of people to the scam called Ponzi or pyramid scheme.
https://cointelegraph.com/explained/ponzi-vs-pyramid-schemes-whats-the-difference

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
AmoreJaz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 13, 2023, 10:28:06 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2023, 10:44:22 PM by AmoreJaz

Let's discuss please
Thank you for bringing this to the forum. In my own opinion considering what a financial pyramid scheme is all about cryptocurrency particularly bitcoin does not fit into this definition. My little understanding of what the financial pyramid scheme is about is that when you invest in Bitcoin you are required to recruit to other persons whose investment in Bitcoin would give you a certain commission and they are required to recruit two more persons and the pyramid keeps growing and growing.

In Bitcoin once you invest in it you do not need to recruit anybody. And even if someone is interested in Bitcoin and invest in Bitcoin there is no commission that is accrued to you. All you need to do is you have the option of holding or trading. This doesn't sound like a financial pyramid scheme to me.

that's the misconception of a lot of noncrypto users. but once they educate themselves, they will surely change their perspective towards this market. i guess, people should just learn a lil bit about this market and they won't have such notion.
with this market, you can invest independently and you don't need anyone to recruit you or of that sort, who will benefit from your investments. that alone, won't qualify under the pyramid type of investment. here, you can invest at any time at your own accord without bothering anyone.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Mr.right85

Activity: 910
Merit: 647

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2023, 11:20:01 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

I came across a news on Quora and I went into a very deep reason on the reality  of life and judge from the article on the post, I couldn't agree less with the author/writer because at the long run, it seems money is just circulating and the moment  money seizes circulation, even the price of bitcoin  is affected, hence the price of bitcoin  would increase if demand increases and demand can only increase when there is more money to spend.

I don’t seem to understand where the pyramidal nature to cryptocurrency or Bitcoin comes in here but, I don’t subscribe to the idea of it having a pyramidal nature to it.
Pyramid schemes simply refers to a bottle neck system where we have a thick layer at the bottom which continues to accumulate in other to push those at the apex upwards and they continue to archive more for even less work.

This don’t seem to be the case for cryptocurrencies or Bitcoin or perhaps I don’t get you for real.

Fiat or paper money and even the virtual CBDC or Stablecoins just stands as a unit of measure and nothing more. There availability or lack simply defines an investors buying power and not necessarily have an effect on demand and supply.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀