Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on Ethereum address.  (Read 261 times)
olvin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2023, 11:47:52 AM

Guys you are not understanding what I mean to say.
Forget about screenshot & it's wallet address. I'll come to it later.

Let's clear this point:

Explanation from unknown source:

1) Ethereum:
Ethereum wallet addresses are represented in hexadecimal base16. A Ethereum wallet address is a 40-character string that starts with "0x" followed by a combination of letters A-F and numbers 0-9.

2) Bitcoin:

Bitcoin wallet addresses are typically represented using the Base16 encoding, also known as hexadecimal (hex) encoding. Hexadecimal is a numbering system that uses 16 symbols: 0-9 and A-F.
A Bitcoin wallet address is a string of alphanumeric characters, consisting of letters A-F and numbers 0-9.

Above explanations at 1 & 2, says that both Bitcoin & Ethereum wallet address consist of alphanumeric characters, consisting of letters A-F and numbers 0-9.

So, as per the above explanations at 1 & 2, Bitcoin & even Ethereum wallet address having only numerical characters  must not exist at blockchain.

Consider below as Ethereum wallet address. It start with prefix 0x and has 40 numerical characters.

0x1234567891011121314151617181920212223242

Now check this
https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/search?search=0x1234567891011121314151617181920212223242

You will find a wallet address with zero balance.

Now let's take Bitcoin.
Consider below as Bitcoin wallet address. It start with prefix 1 and has 34 numerical characters.

Now check this. https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/search?search=1234567891011121314151617181920212

You will not find any result. (The reason is because the searched wallet address is made of only numerical characters. And as per me this result is correct).

So my question is why this difference?

If both crypto has same statement explanations at 1 & 2. Then why there is a different output?
Is this a mistake of the site? If it is so, then why I find same different output at all other sites. Is this happens by accident?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 22, 2023, 04:39:26 PM
Merited by decodx (1)

1) Ethereum:
Ethereum wallet addresses are represented in hexadecimal base16. A Ethereum wallet address is a 40-character string that starts with "0x" followed by a combination of letters A-F and numbers 0-9.
Incorrect. ETH addresses may consist either or both letters and numbers.

https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/addresses/eth/0xaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/addresses/eth/0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Now let's take Bitcoin.
Consider below as Bitcoin wallet address. It start with prefix 1 and has 34 numerical characters.

Now check this. https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/search?search=1234567891011121314151617181920212

You will not find any result. (The reason is because the searched wallet address is made of only numerical characters.~
Again, incorrect. Bitcoin address contain a checksum. https://learnmeabitcoin.com/technical/checksum.

decodx

Activity: 1428
Merit: 931

🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

View Profile
May 22, 2023, 07:11:33 PM
Merited by vv181 (1)

2) Bitcoin:

Bitcoin wallet addresses are typically represented using the Base16 encoding, also known as hexadecimal (hex) encoding. Hexadecimal is a numbering system that uses 16 symbols: 0-9 and A-F.
A Bitcoin wallet address is a string of alphanumeric characters, consisting of letters A-F and numbers 0-9.

You are wrong. Check your sources.

Bitcoin addresses are commonly presented in a Base58Check encoding format. This specific encoding scheme relies on a Base58 number system comprising 58 characters. To prevent confusion, certain characters such as 0, O, I, and l are excluded from the set of characters used.

Above explanations at 1 & 2, says that both Bitcoin & Ethereum wallet address consist of alphanumeric characters, consisting of letters A-F and numbers 0-9.

Wrong again. Bitcoin addresses are commonly displayed using Base58Check encoding, while Ethereum addresses are typically represented in a hexadecimal format with the "0x" prefix.

So, as per the above explanations at 1 & 2, Bitcoin & even Ethereum wallet address having only numerical characters  must not exist at blockchain.

You are an idiot.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
olvin (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 10:40:51 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2023, 09:41:31 PM by Mr. Big

Thanks guys for discussion.
I feel laughing to death at your knowledge and experience.
Any how, it is useless to discuss with you guys.
1+1= 2
You guys are trying to teach me 1+1 = 1
That's funny.

2) Bitcoin:

You are wrong. Check your sources.

Bitcoin addresses are commonly presented in a Base58Check encoding format. This specific encoding scheme relies on a Base58 number system comprising 58 characters. To prevent confusion, certain characters such as 0, O, I, and l are excluded from the set of characters used.

Wrong again. Bitcoin addresses are commonly displayed using Base58Check encoding, while Ethereum addresses are typically represented in a hexadecimal format with the "0x" prefix.

You are an idiot.

@decodx, what about you, an another idiot or something else.
Are you starting a dog fight for no reason?
We are trying to discuss in here, and u are trying to ruined the discussion. And I don't know for what?
I was not here to hear this shit.
That's why I feel useless to discuss in here.

decodx

Activity: 1428
Merit: 931

🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 05:01:12 PM

@decodx, what about you, an another idiot or something else.
Are you starting a dog fight for no reason?
We are trying to discuss in here, and u are trying to ruined the discussion. And I don't know for what?
I was not here to hear this shit.

You know what? It's probably not the smartest move on my part to label you as an idiot, no matter how much nonsense you spout. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me, especially when I'm stuck hearing the same mind-numbing garbage on repeat. Guess we all have our moments, right?

Hey, how about we hit the reset button? It's totally possible that I misunderstood you the first time around.

But, this time, let's take it slow.  If there's anything that's not quite clear or if you have any questions that need clarification, go ahead and ask them one by one. That way, we can give each little thing the attention it deserves and address everything properly. Sound good?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 03:21:39 PM

Hey, how about we hit the reset button? It's totally possible that I misunderstood you the first time around.
One thing that might ease OP is to directly question what evidence or proof he wants to know further and accurately about the subject. Because we both know there is some misinformation, and it has been debunked.

I also get that @olvin might just want to share his encounter with cryptocurrencies technicalities, to see whether there is something wrong. How cryptocurrencies work is a complex system so it is understandable for a non-tech-savvy person to have a hard time learning about it. Heck, even someone who have technical backgrounds require some effort to comprehend about cryptocurrency as a whole.
Agbe

Activity: 882
Merit: 1252

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 05:45:40 PM

As far as we know Bitcoin address starts with 1
Eg
17g24tOg1URxOylEyt9v3Nps5T8CKe2Gyd

We know ethereum address starts with 0x
 0x7f533b5fbf6ef86c3b7df76cc27fc67744a9a760

My question is -
is there any Ethereum address that starts with 1 ?

Op you said, BTC address starts with 1 and Ethereum stats with 0x so why do you want to confuse yourself. You have already answered the question so is there any need for others opinion? Others have also answer your question by saying that BTC starts with either 1 or 3 and Ethereum is always 0x. I believe 1 is meant for BTC alone and another coin is not allowed to use it again because if they do it will cause a very big problem, because someone might mistakenly use bitcoin address instead of Ethereum address.
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2023, 01:00:38 PM

Bitcoin address can start from 1 3 and bc - https://news.bitcoin.com/everything-you-should-know-about-bitcoin-address-formats/

start with 1 P2PKH or Legacy Address Format
P2SH addresses are structured similarly to P2PKH, but start with a 3 instead of a 1
Bech32 addresses look distinctly different from the P2-style addresses. Each one starts with “bc1” and is longer than a legacy or P2SH address on account of this prefix.

All EVM Chain start with 0x from ETH BNB MOONRIVER AVAX FTM and layer 2 like arbitrum optimism and polygon and many more and share same private key so metamask basically can be used on multiple chain

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███