Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 6351 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:21:49 PM

Interesting.

BCX evidently deleted my post, when I was attempting to reply to Kalus who asked me if anyone had ddossed any sites.

Anyway, all I basically posted was a quote BCX himself made from this thread -- Auroracoin - Block 5400 What Is Going To Happen  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516326.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:31:09 PM

Amazing how BitcoinEXpress gets away with rebranding vandalism as a constructive exercise.

Yet feels at liberty to make baseless accessions of "scamming" at people who have pioneered one of the most significant innovations yet in the history of crypto currencies when their only "crime" was their wish to remain anonymous.

If I think my Parents don't secure their home properly at night and they don't take my advice, I don't go ransacking their house to prove my point.

Whatever BitcoinEXpress's talents, he's toast and deservedly so. Pondlife without a clue of what Icelandic society is about.

I lived in Iceland for 8 years and when I first saw the Auroracoin website I knew exactly why this initiative had been taken and that it was genuine. Who cares if the developers had the "opportunity" or not to scam it - it doesn't matter because there was much more at stake and that was clear to anyone with half a brain cell who knew anything about the history of Icelandic financial life, or who had experienced the workings of the class system in a very small country.

The central bank devalues the currency by up to 20% at a time whenever they feel like it. They've done that for 40 years so it's a no brainer that if a "Crypto" is around it's going to give them second thoughts because by devaluing the Krona, they're implicitly favourably revaluing the Aurora. The existence of an explicitly Icelandic crypto is of huge benefit to the society.

Make no mistake about it, I support the concept of *any* cryptocoin helping the population of Iceland

Do you fuck. You're a charlatan with too big an ego to help anyone.

An intelligent vandal who's too lazy to look for constructive solutions to the problems you see. It wasn't your role to be judge and jury of this project and if what you said above is true you would have given them the benefit of the doubt. You're basically a busybody who finds creativity in antagonism and destruction.

You are useful, but no more so than any other criminal.

Wow, you sound like you're an AUR bag holder that bought at the very peak $95+ and are now holding less than 2% of what they were worth; worried and scared that someone will come along and destroy your bag while you still hold hope deep down inside you that it'll one day reach the value of which you bought in at or at least close to it so you can sell than get out unscathed.

I'm not saying this is fact, but it sure does sound like it might be the case.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:33:46 PM

I'm not saying this is fact

Just as well, because it isn't.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:35:59 PM

Wrong again, you're on a roll.

I provided very specific details...  Undecided

Keep digging.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:42:10 PM

Stop being a pussy. Say what you mean.
~BCX~

Can you read ?

You're a charlatan with too big an ego to help anyone.

An intelligent vandal who's too lazy to look for constructive solutions to the problems you see
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:55:52 PM

you're confusing perfection with transparency.
If you want something done, at some point you just have to go and do it.
I believe that is also same justification to test KGW on auroracoin.  at some point, you just have to go and do it.  

that's what apparently happened.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:07:49 AM

miners don't care about the coin.

But you do so we can feel safe.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:15:57 AM

So if the miners don't care about the coin and the Air Dropees only care about cashing out and not participating.

~BCX~

For someone who thinks this project is a big scam, you don't half pay a lot of attention to it.

Are you trying to do a Litecoin bluff and rescue it or something ? It doesn't need your rescuing.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:21:06 AM

So if the miners don't care about the coin and the Air Dropees only care about cashing out and not participating.

~BCX~

For someone who thinks this project is a big scam, you don't half pay a lot of attention to it.

Are you trying to do a Litecoin bluff and rescue it or something ? It doesn't need your rescuing.

I've wondered that too, especially right after I posted a link to the earlier BCX thread in regard to block 5400 ... which had several threats -- several seemingly illegal threats -- to be carried out.

A bluff would make sense. Which would show an altruistic side to BCX efforts; a seemingly weird, and unnecessarily complex way to go about getting an exploit fixed, however, at least to me.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:25:09 AM

A bluff would make sense. Which would show an altruistic side to BCX efforts; a seemingly weird, and unnecessarily complex way to go about getting an exploit fixed, however, at least to me

If that's the case he's trying to be an "indiana Jones" of cryptos and failing miserably. An idiot who at worst is a criminal and at best an unguided missile.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:39:02 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 12:53:39 AM by toknormal

BitcoinEXpress, if that's what you're really up to, don't you realise the hypocrisy ?

You're trying to engender integrity with corrupt methods. It's lesson A. It doesn't work. If you really want to help those guys, then let them know what you know.

If they don't take your advice then get the popcorn out and leave the rest to nature but don't turn yourself into a vandal.

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:17:02 AM

~BCX~ , take a deep breath, acknowledge and let go of your pain,  float downstream, become one with he who welcomes you with open arms.

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Budhism/Lord%20Buddha/lord-buddha-18a.jpg

oh, it's you again.  just yesterday you were claiming bcx singlehandedly crashed bitcoin in some paranoid delusion passed off as a thread.

you would benefit from your own advice more than anyone else.  

Namaste

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:21:54 AM

oh, it's you again.  just yesterday you were claiming bcx singlehandedly crashed bitcoin in some paranoid delusion passed off as a thread.

Namaste

That was before he knew what was really going on.
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:23:03 AM

BCX evidently deleted my post, when I was attempting to reply to Kalus who asked me if anyone had ddossed any sites.

Anyway, all I basically posted was a quote BCX himself made from this thread -- Auroracoin - Block 5400 What Is Going To Happen  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516326.0
your post was deleted?

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:27:05 AM

oh, it's you again.  just yesterday you were claiming bcx singlehandedly crashed bitcoin in some paranoid delusion passed off as a thread.

Namaste

That was before he knew what was really going on.

It's doubtful s1gs3gv knows what's really going on right now.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:28:24 AM

They chose to ignore it.
~BCX~

And that was their perogative. You should have left it at that.
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:29:50 AM

They chose to ignore it.
~BCX~

And that was their perogative. You should have left it at that.

this is fucking moronic.

if the exploit is not used publicly, someone will exploit it in secret if they can figure out a way to make money out of it.  it's better that we all know.

fix the fucking holes instead of burying your head in the sand pretending they don't exist.

test it until it fails.  failure is always a fucking option.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:46:40 AM

this is fucking moronic.

if the exploit is not used publicly, someone will exploit it in secret if they can figure out a way to make money out of it.  it's better that we all know.

fix the fucking holes instead of burying your head in the sand pretending they don't exist.

test it until it fails.  failure is always a fucking option.

Agreed. Vandals and criminals fulfil an important role.

The mistake you're making is in thinking that BCX was 'just trying to help' when in fact this whole episode is more about his nose being out of joint that the devs didn't take his advice when he gave it. There will be plenty more clowns where BCX came from who don't need to make such a performance over it.
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:51:35 AM

There will be plenty more clowns where BCX came from who don't need to make such a performance over it.
that's the problem.  the moment someone finds an weakness in a coin that's worth money, they may keep it quiet and use it to their advantage.

Auroracoin being worthless is actually the BEST time to probe for weakness; don't wait until it's worth money.  far better auroracoin's ass be kicked now than if it replaces the krona. 

in order to trust a cryptocurrency enough to hold value and for general use we have to prune weakness away.  

i don't give a flying fuck if bcx or anybody enjoys what they do so much, or what BCX motives are.  the point is there are many profound problems with auroracoin, and KGW is just one of them.  

I strongly recommend all coins that we hold for value be tested in such a way.  

DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:52:30 AM

Oh shit the chain is moving.....its coming.....block 5,399

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: