Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you in support of fuel subsidy removal?
Yes - 1 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Or to be gradually removed - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NLC threatening government with strike  (Read 195 times)
Wiwo

Activity: 1092
Merit: 721

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2023, 09:40:25 AM

even saw a news where they asked the government to review the minimum wage from #30,000 to #200,000 and implement it so as to afford this removal of subsidy.
Oh! I did not know that NLC is also asking for increase in minimum wage, I thought they want the government plan on the removal of fuel subsidy to be revoke just because of inflation not to occur.

It would be good for NLC to fight for increase in minimum wage after the subsidy as been removed, after it has lead to persistent rise in the price of goods and services. They will have a better say at the time.
First the issue with minimum wage review and increase is one of the top agenda pf the new administration and as the president have said that there is no going back on the subsidy removal, at this point what baffles me is the reason why NLC want to embark on a national wide strike I don't think their have any basis for doing so,. Because the issue with increase in workers salary and the overall welfare of the nigeria workers is what has caught the attention of the new president and in no time he is going to attend to them the same way he is handling other national issues.
CryptoHeadlineNews

Activity: 994
Merit: 713

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2023, 12:42:20 PM

Dat subsidy money was been embezzled and that's the hard truth. A selected few were just eating the subsidy money and only a few part of the money was been used to subsidized the fuel. Or dem be dey over estimate the subsidy more so dem fit pocket some. Let that money now be used for something more important in the country. I don't understand why the NLC are striking or are they just lookimg for a compensation on their part.
Omo.. Na better truth you just sama here, because with the way president Jagaban just announced the removal of fuel subsidy 2 seconds after he was officially made the  president, I knew something must be fishy about it, that as top politician for wey contri wey dey always get update, he supposed don know how that subsidy money dey waka and how if it is been removed, and money diversify into other sectors of our economy, go fit help we nation wella. Because as eh stands now, many people don dey adapt to the new change, which is one thing we Nigerians are always good at, as we hope for a better tomorrow.

But, the only time I go vex for this new government na when they fail to implement the "new minimum wage" wey I hear say they go review few days back, when it didn't take them implement the removal of subsidy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Marykeller

Activity: 1106
Merit: 513

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2023, 05:24:05 PM
Merited by KiaKia (2)

News reaching out be sae NLC don dissolve their nationwide strike wey suppose to take effect today.

I never knew this gonna happen sha. But whichever way sha this is a good development from NLC to back down to their nationwide strike but wetin I no d sure be sae wetin make them to make them make a U-turn on of a sudden after all their galadima of going to strike because of the removal of fuel subsidy.

My question na be sae, na wey NLC don call of the strike, wetin them don achieve? Fuel still the above 500naira per liter in all the federation.

Nigerians need to fear corruption under Buhari government. Corruption under em government don surpass every other government since Nigeria independence. Every sector of em government get massive corruption wey dey happen inside

Link for info https://gazettengr.com/reps-allege-nnpc-spent-n11-trillion-rehabilitating-unproductive-refineries-cite-double-payments/?fbclid=IwAR3ON5_fzP8Qgay7XsWtaP4NOvwZjM0qIAqspcQ-pipWGsTpYd1gs1e0eZU

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Broadanbig

Activity: 462
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 11:51:48 AM

News reaching out be sae NLC don dissolve their nationwide strike wey suppose to take effect today.

I never knew this gonna happen sha. But whichever way sha this is a good development from NLC to back down to their nationwide strike but wetin I no d sure be sae wetin make them to make them make a U-turn on of a sudden after all their galadima of going to strike because of the removal of fuel subsidy.

My question na be sae, na wey NLC don call of the strike, wetin them don achieve? Fuel still the above 500naira per liter in all the federation.

Most times all these back and forth of these organisations are as a result of their actions and inaction's. They quickly assume and jump to conclusion without any proper investigation or deliberation. They always want to do their pressure things because that is all what they got to hold the government at standstill whether they are right or wrong they feel threatening the government with strike  would quickly make a resolved. I think they should take a look at the last ASUU and Federal  Government strike and how it ended without  ASUU getting their end result up till today ASUU are still yet to get their possible resolve with the federal government and the government has held them down to a "no work no pay" disciplinary measures.

These pressure organisation should be able to sit and deliberate on issues as it bothers the welfare of the nation and their workers for which the organisation was established for before taking any drastic decision because whatever damage they cause would be very hard to reverse.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: