Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:12:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have any idea why the price continues to fall?  (Read 4202 times)
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:15:56 PM

My only idea is mass panic. Why are people selling? Is there no demand left for bitcoin? Where will it recover?
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:39:28 PM

I believe most people who bought past few months are getting fatigued from waiting for price to "skyrocket" and they are cashing out.
Adelex

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:40:57 PM

I believe most people who bought past few months are getting fatigued from waiting for price to "skyrocket" and they are cashing out.

I know many people in this boat; they've been emailing me looking for reassurance.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:42:30 PM

FUD from China is creating a buying opportunity for those with balls. Smiley

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:45:15 PM

Why prices continue to fall ..

1) Too many scams and scammers
2) Too complicated for the average/casual user
3) Too many confusing alt coins
4) Too many scams and scammers

Did I mention too many scams and scammers ??

Triff ..

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:47:41 PM

The weak hands need to be shaken out in order to set the stage for the next upward move.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
lurking-hippy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:50:10 PM

i consider my 90$ loss....little to some others.
i,m out for now. i don,t know whats going on?(wit the price)
C10H15N

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:50:19 PM

Sheep require shearing on a regular basis.  Wink

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:21:45 PM

The weak hands need to be shaken out in order to set the stage for the next upward move.

Sure man. Keep on dreaming. Just ignore the fact that 95% of the population is not interested in Bitcoin at all, that bad press keeps coming in and that bitcoin seems to be synonym of scamming, ponzi fraud and risk. But feel free to buy up all the 'cheap coins'. We'll see what happens.

I'm not sure who has more clout.  The OG's who have been through this a couple of times already, or the noob accounts.

I'm serious.  There's a certain level of disillusion that comes with having been through multiple Bitcoin drops, but on the other hand there's a certain naivety of Noobs who haven't experienced them.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:37:23 PM

Sure man. Keep on dreaming. Just ignore the fact that 95% of the population is not interested in Bitcoin at all, that bad press keeps coming in and that bitcoin seems to be synonym of scamming, ponzi fraud and risk. But feel free to buy up all the 'cheap coins'. We'll see what happens.
If 5% of the population bought bitcoin the price would rise 50 times. It is really, really stupid to cash out this early.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 09:46:06 PM

You mean to tell me that 5% of the population is interested in Bitcoin?  Wow, this is going to be way bigger than I thought!  I was thinking of selling but your vast insight has convinced me to hold.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
SomeRelax

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:09:06 PM

Why prices continue to fall ..

1) Too many scams and scammers
2) Too complicated for the average/casual user
3) Too many confusing alt coins
4) Too many scams and scammers

Did I mention too many scams and scammers ??

Triff ..

lol
i think you did
but not enough
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:15:55 PM

in case Bitcoin dies. And that IS a real possiblity
Explain how. It means nothing until you do. Realistic scenarios, please.

TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:24:31 PM

There is another crash due to this divergence from the typical 9 month trend. Prices have failed to have a sustained recovery above the blue line following 'final capitulation', and instead have trended back underneath the orange line. This behavior was not seen in any other 9 month cycle, and the last time a 1 week downcross was imminent was in 2011. Most of the buyers in late february were just people front-running this cycle and now they are selling because they realize the cycle is not coming to fruition as planned. When the 1 week ema downcross happens, it will bring a whole new level of selling and a new bear market of which the likes have not been seen in any recent cycles. There will be a complete deflation of the bubble and return to a mean economic supported price. I'm not saying the drop will be as low percentage wise, but the timeline will probably be long.

This might not happen if we have a rapid recovery right now to get out of this territory and stay out of it, so the bulls need to get to work.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:39:34 PM

Way too much loss of confidence.

Also China news could be real after all

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

While the China news may or may not be real, the US IRS news is.  While the ruling is not unexpected by treating it like a commodity and triggering tax events whenever it changes hands the US has put a real damper on BTC.  It will take awhile to find a work around I expect.

In the meantime, I'm holding, but my excitement for bitcoin as a new system is diminished.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:55:10 PM

Did anyone expect btc gains to NOT be taxed? It's a good thing, now we know.

C10H15N

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:59:04 PM

Exactly.  Now we know what to expect and how to position crypto within our investment portfolios. 

TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:09:11 PM

Did anyone expect btc gains to NOT be taxed? It's a good thing, now we know.
It's not simply that it's taxed. We already assumed it was taxed. The issue now is the level of detail in reporting required.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:09:00 AM

in case Bitcoin dies. And that IS a real possiblity
Explain how. It means nothing until you do. Realistic scenarios, please.

Let's see: governments mass banning Bitcoin for one. Government stances towards Bitcoin at the moment cannot be described als positive and can even be hostile in certain countries. Second: people losing faith in Bitcoin, since they don't believe it has enough intrinsic value/because they find it dangerous/because the media tells them/when rally's stay out.

But governments are the major problem here: they can completely cut the bank-exchange infrastructure needed for trading bitcoins. As such, the vast majority of people will leave Bitcoin as trading has just become too difficult/impossible. Only a few anarchists will stay behind, but a few outcasts can't dictate society.  Bitcoin is still an unborn child, attached to its mother umbilical. Cutting that line of completely, which isn't impossible, will choke Bitcoin to death for sure. If that doesn't happen, loss off faith will might just as well kill it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: