Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free electricity, just the equipment left.  (Read 565 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 16, 2023, 04:39:49 AM
Merited by safar1980 (1)

I wanted to say that this is a problem for all countries, because household power lines and transformers are not designed for mining. When problems arise, the workers of the power company will quickly find violations, otherwise they will have to modernize the power systems at their own expense.

This isn't a problem everywhere, electrical load is just electrical load, whether it is for mining or powering up a new AC / heater it makes little to no difference, I can personally fire up to 15-20kw of miners where I am staying right now and nothing will happen, many citizens oversize the power infrastructure to account for future expansions, families grow bigger, houses grow bigger, the number of houses increases, the demand for energy is increasing and many things that did not need electricity before -- need it today.

I understand that in many other places, adding 10-20% more load will break things, but that isn't because of mining, it's just because of poor planning by the electric company, long before mining (20 years ago or so) when using split AC become very popular in my city, many transformers started to break, main breakers had issues, wires were heating, and they had to change almost everything to account for those changes.

It makes a huge difference between an average house using 2 ceiling fans, a fridge, a few lights, and a TV (not even 1000w) and a house that uses 2 ACs, 2 water heaters, 2 washing machines, a vacuum cleaner, and what not, just the lifestyle of the people can increase consumption by 500% easily, so ya, old cities that still use the old infrastructure will break if every house added a single S9, whereby a modern city where they calculated the new average based on all the new (everything electric) and added a good 30-40% for future expansion won't have a problem if every house run a miner or two.

In my hometown, some remote houses have their own 100kva transformer just because they are a bit far from the nearest transformer, so instead of running expensive large wires at 240v, they just run the 11kv and drop a transformer a 100kva there, maybe a few years later someone else builds a new house around, so ya, many houses in many cities have access to a few tens of KWs which they could use without breaking a thing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2023, 04:18:34 AM

In Russia, it was also not forbidden to mine in houses and use the maximum 15-50 kilowatts per hour that are allowed by the project.

So you are talking about a specific case in a specific country, that makes sense, my previous post was pretty general, the law is different from one country to another.

This is Irkutsk and the Irkutsk region with very cheap electricity. All increased loads break transformers and cause accidents.
And as soon as you and your neighbors use it, you will understand why other people sometimes hate miners.

That's correct, in many cities, the electric infrastructure isn't capable of doing 100% load 24/7, a 1MW transformer that feeds 200 houses with the assumption that the average house needs 2-3kw on average and maybe 5kw at peak, will have a hard time functioning when everyone starts pushing their 5kw as the average load, load rotation is no longer there, so now it isn't 100 houses doing 1kw and 100 houses doing 3kw, it's all of them doing 5kw which was not accounted for by the electric company.

I wanted to say that this is a problem for all countries, because household power lines and transformers are not designed for mining. When problems arise, the workers of the power company will quickly find violations, otherwise they will have to modernize the power systems at their own expense.

What you said is correct, that electricity was not made for mining, it was only made because in the era we have now it is possible to mine to earn money through Bitcoin mining or crypto mining.

We know that it is quite expensive because it will consume high electricity consumption which will be due to the increase in bill consumption every month, for example here in our country the per kwh is quite high here around 0.2$0.23$ which is not practical to a resident here with us.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1615

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 17, 2023, 08:06:40 PM

This isn't a problem everywhere, electrical load is just electrical load, whether it is for mining or powering up a new AC / heater it makes little to no difference, I can personally fire up to 15-20kw of miners where I am staying right now and nothing will happen, many citizens oversize the power infrastructure to account for future expansions, families grow bigger, houses grow bigger, the number of houses increases, the demand for energy is increasing and many things that did not need electricity before -- need it today.

I understand that in many other places, adding 10-20% more load will break things, but that isn't because of mining, it's just because of poor planning by the electric company, long before mining (20 years ago or so) when using split AC become very popular in my city, many transformers started to break, main breakers had issues, wires were heating, and they had to change almost everything to account for those changes.

It makes a huge difference between an average house using 2 ceiling fans, a fridge, a few lights, and a TV (not even 1000w) and a house that uses 2 ACs, 2 water heaters, 2 washing machines, a vacuum cleaner, and what not, just the lifestyle of the people can increase consumption by 500% easily, so ya, old cities that still use the old infrastructure will break if every house added a single S9, whereby a modern city where they calculated the new average based on all the new (everything electric) and added a good 30-40% for future expansion won't have a problem if every house run a miner or two.

In my hometown, some remote houses have their own 100kva transformer just because they are a bit far from the nearest transformer, so instead of running expensive large wires at 240v, they just run the 11kv and drop a transformer a 100kva there, maybe a few years later someone else builds a new house around, so ya, many houses in many cities have access to a few tens of KWs which they could use without breaking a thing.

I understand that you want to solve the problem by installing new household transformers, but these transformers do not receive infinite electricity Smiley  High voltage cables are connected to other high voltage transformers that produce the required power limit, and when this limit is exceeded, new sources of electricity are required.

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 18, 2023, 03:12:23 AM

I understand that you want to solve the problem by installing new household transformers, but these transformers do not receive infinite electricity Smiley  High voltage cables are connected to other high voltage transformers that produce the required power limit, and when this limit is exceeded, new sources of electricity are required.

No, I do not want to solve any problem, Cheesy I am just stating an existing fact, those transformers were not hooked up randomly, when the electric company install those transformers they know for sure that even if they were to go full-load their infrastructure would hold up, the short version of this, is not every city is approaching it's full limit of power, many countries have a ton of "idle-power" sitting there doing nothing, you just need to create demand for it and off it goes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1615

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
July 18, 2023, 06:13:21 PM

No, I do not want to solve any problem, Cheesy I am just stating an existing fact, those transformers were not hooked up randomly, when the electric company install those transformers they know for sure that even if they were to go full-load their infrastructure would hold up, the short version of this, is not every city is approaching it's full limit of power, many countries have a ton of "idle-power" sitting there doing nothing, you just need to create demand for it and off it goes.
During the most peak loads on the power grid, the infrastructure is tested every day Smiley If you overload the transformer, the voltage in the power grid will decrease depending on the load growth.
There are few places in cities with good prices for electricity and you are looking for places for mining outside the city, and there are always problems with limits.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: