Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:47:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DCA vs Zone Specific Strategies While Accumulation of Bitcoins  (Read 507 times)
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 12:43:42 AM

This is extremely important as I can relate before. Always have extra funds, emergency funds. Because in the Bitcoin market, always expect the unexpected.
We can expect a lot from our investment but we must not forget that many things can happen in our life and by that, we must have extra, emergency funds like you said. We need them for what we don't expect but if it comes, we can solve unexpected situations well enough.

If we are not well prepare for unexpected situations, we will have very big trouble.

I experienced this before when COVID-19 started, we saw a huge dump there, and everyone must remember it.
The massive dump shortly after World Health Organization announced that it is a pandemic and named it as Covid-19 in March 2020, is unexpected situation. Thank you for recalling it as a reminder for extra plans in our investment capital and general financial management.

Extra funds can help us living well enough through hardest time like many people lost their jobs during and after the pandemic.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10237

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 04:38:49 AM

Every other thing with Bitcoin accumulation comes after a good source of income, if you are not financially stable, your Bitcoin accumulation will not be that effective, you will be sluggish about it because you are to also survive financially while buying Bitcoin, the best advice I can share with people is to find a good source of income first, how and when you will start buying Bitcoin comes after.

Some people get tired of accumulation after a while, maybe because it looks like the bull market isn't coming soon, a close friend is presently behaving in such a manner right now and I am the only one cheering him up to be strong, it seems most people are like this, they get tired along the way too quick.
Most likely they need to adjust their position size - or at least maybe the amount that they are putting into bitcoin.. because maybe they put in too much in the beginning.. and sure they could also be in the negative if they front loaded at higher prices and then even if they continue to buy, they are not able to bring down their average cost per BTC below their current average cost per BTC.
Well said JJG, I would never recommend a beginner to invest much at his initial level, reason being that, at that level the investor might not have the ability to make decisions using his knowledge rather than emotions, at least the person should apply DCA with smaller amount before graduating gradually to accumulate with higher figures. I will also recommend knowledge before diving into holding, and knowledge without application is as good as waisted efforts because, there is no need for learning at the first place if you'll  discard all that you've learnt when the time for applying them arrives, it's wise to ask experienced persons questions, so you'll learn from practical individuals rather than reading too many articles that has misleading solutions to your question.

I think that we are saying these kinds of things differently Makus because almost always, I recommend to almost everyone to get into bitcoin as soon as possible and don't delay and to establish some kind of a stake in bitcoin, and I don't recommend that people try to find any kind of a great entry point or that they wait and study the bitcoin matter.  From my point of view, they can study once they are already in, and surely bitcoin can be somewhat complicated, but there are still ways to start right away and get price exposure, but don't get so much price exposure that you are either gambling and/or not prepared fo rthe price to move in either direction, including potentially correcting 70% to 90% after the purchase.  Another thing that I say is that I am not responsible for whatever people choose to do. They can do what they want, and an overwhelming majority of the time people fail/refuse to act, and if I had known them for a long time, they might remember that they should have had listened to me many years earlier, but I still tend to repeat the same thing.. "get the fuck started." and if you are unsure about it, then just take a smaller position size, build your position size and/or learn about bitcoin since it is such a great thing to know about - including that if they have some level of price exposure, then they are going to be more likely to pay closer attention and perhaps to learn better, as compared with someone who does not have any bitcoin exposure.

Regarding a specific situation in which a person is regretting that s/he bought too much at an earlier time, then they might well have to consider what to do and if they are going to keep buying, stop buying or sell, and surely I hardly ever recommend to sell unless it is some kind of an emergency, then there are selling strategies too, in order to lessen some of the BTC price exposure, but most people do not have the problem of having too many bitcoin, an overwhelming majority of people have the problem (maybe even in the ballpark of 99% of the world's population) of not having enough bitcoin.... so if the overwhelming majority of folks have a problem that they do not have enough bitcoin, then most of the time selling is not a good solution, unless it is just to deal with some kind of a short term situation that they might have put themselves into if they had bought too many BTC in accordance to their own budget and to have not been prepared for BTC prices to either go down or sideways more than they expected, and perhaps for longer than they expected.

Honestly, it's best to prepare yourself for the bear market before it even get started, make your money in the bull market and wait for the bear market, divide your money into three for three long years of possible bear market, and use those funds to DCA monthly as we gradually go through the bear season, things don't just get easy, you prepare for it.
Sometimes people conclude that they prepare for the bear season by selling, and sure, I am not really opposed for selling on the way up, but it can be a bit problematic to be selling on the way down.  And, another thing with selling is that frequently there are needs NOT to sell too much too soon.--- especially if you consider yourself to be in BTC accumulation phase, and maybe you don't really have a lot of bitcoin, so it would not even make a whole hell of a lot of sense to sell much of your BTC, especially if you are really early in your BTC accumulation phase.. .and only you (or each one of us) can determine much BTC that we believe that we need based on where we are at in life and other personal circumstances.
Here is a post I saw a month ago where a bitcoiner was advising other not to sell their coins the way he did.

Yep.. I largely agree with the sentiment of the story in terms of describing that selling the BTC was the mistake, and generally people are likely going to figure out ways to manage their budgets, especially if they start to feel that they have a lot of value building up in bitcoin, and so selling is not necessarily a problem if you have figured out a kind of longer term plan, and surely the guy in the story had little to no plan to even be in a position to sell 95% of his bitcoin, instead maybe selling 5-20% might be more practical, but really if the guy is not in some kind of a BTC surplus situation, it makes little sense to sell very many bitcoin at all unless it is spend and replace and also figuring out how many BTC that he might need in a longer overview kind of a time horizon, which is not easy to do with bitcoin based on how great its volatility tends to be and is likely going to continue to be.

But still it will not affect performance fatally enough if they continue to buy to be able to balance a structure in better planning in the years to come.
I have seen cases where by people buy so much coin and within a short period, they came back selling them, not because they've achieved their goal but because they applied the wrong strategy at the wrong time. I am not a fan of accumulating with lump sum as it can easily tamper with your emotions, especially when you are a beginner.

Lump sum would usually be a kind of advanced strategy for a person who already has a pretty diversified investment portfolio, other kinds of employment of lump sum are better to be supplemented by DCA and buying on dip... but hey, people can do what they like, including getting their lil selfies reckt because they invest too much at into BTC at once and they do not sufficiently/adequately prepare for BTC prices to move against them.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Patrol69

Activity: 560
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 05:48:16 AM

We must have a proper plan to store bitcoins in any situation. Bitcoins are difficult to accumulate under all circumstances without proper planning. If we want to deposit a certain amount of Bitcoins weekly or monthly then we must first create a weekly or monthly routine so that no matter how high the cost is or how high the demand is, we can deposit a certain amount weekly or monthly according to the routine. Storing Bitcoins is a very necessary task for every Bitcoin user. You have enough money if you plan properly with that money but you cannot use that money properly. You must deposit a portion of your weekly or monthly income into Bitcoin and you must assume that the amount of money you are depositing in Bitcoin is not your income, that is, the amount of money you are depositing in Bitcoin is going out of your money. We need to make it a habit to deposit bitcoins according to routine so that we can enrich our bitcoin investment by depositing certain amount of bitcoins every week or month.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: