Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new bitcoin police  (Read 3547 times)
enrapha (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 08:53:41 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 05:25:41 AM by enrapha

I have started an organization within the bitcoin community with the sole profession to be protect and serve. In light of the recent issues about regulation and ofcourse mt gox it becomes clear that some sort of self regulation within our community is required. although we cannot do much legal work we can hold exchanges to certain standards. this is what I am trying to do. there are other things but please read on. I expect most people wil approach this carefully especially since the site is well... low-tech... but I will fix that as soon as I can. in essence the tech doesn't make a good plan. A good plan makes the tech. I am highly open to suggestions and ideas from my fellow bitcoiners.

WWW.BTCPD.COM

Thank you for your time
Christian.

UPDATE: The website has received major updates. Thank you for all of your support.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
overcoin

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:29:32 AM

In light of the recent issues about regulation and ofcourse mt gox it becomes clear that some sort of self regulation within our community is required. although we cannot do much legal work we can hold exchanges to certain standards.
IMO Bitcoin doesn't need the kind of regulation you're aiming at. Math must be the only regulation. The laws of mathematics must be the only law applied! Simply, apply multisignature solutions to all your bitcoin transactions!
blackvoice

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:15:53 AM

I don't think we need any police to regulate our virtual currency community

What we need is free
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:05:34 PM

Respectfully, I disagree. What I am trying to create will in the end be a nonprofit organization that is community driven and will run on what the community wants. What I outlined in my website was a short introduction and will be updated more and more as time goes on. Nothing there is not set in stone.

What I am trying to create in a sense is a better business bureau for the bitcoin community. The bitcoin community needs self policing. lets look at mt gox, vircurex, flexcoin and some other exchanges. I'm not saying comply or be shut down I'm saying the community wants to know there money is safe. Ultimately the community will be the ones that are saying we don't want to work with this company because they are not safe, and that's how it should be. none of this will work without the community saying what they want. Trust the numbers yes, but strengthen it through the people.

P.S. please keep up to date on the BTCPD site this weekend as major upgrades will be coming through. Thank you.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 09:39:40 PM

hahhahahha bitcoin police!

Run for the hills, the bitcoin police are here!

Here's your first mission (if you chose to accept it) go track down the 850K btc that the fat frenchmen lost and do some justice. Then we will all hail you as the official bitcoin police and forever respect you.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
beaknuke

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:42:01 PM

Only been here a short time.... Google & bit coin forum seems to the police imo

backtrackit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:43:23 PM

neee naaw neee naaw what ya gonna do when they come for you. haha

enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:28:45 PM

haha, well the trolling is expected. but I sense its all in good fun. Truth is bitcoin police name was catchy imo. I remember reading the news and saw a headline that said there is no bitcoin police during the dorian incident and i thought it was interesting. come to find out in the past there was a group called the bitcoin police that had some ideas at one point. but dont get me wrong, contrary to the name the goal isnt to "police bitcoin" but to be an organization for the community to help self police. by no means do I intend to step out of my bounds by setting standards the community does not desire.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:05:16 PM

Kentucky town from ‘Colbert Report’ to pay police chief in Bitcoin
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/03/kentucky-town-from-colbert-report-to-pay-police-chief-in-bitcoin/

enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 05:25:03 AM

The website has received major updates. More to follow. Thank you all for your support.
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:08:02 PM

kind of reminds me of community crime watch. were nothing really important gets taken care of.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:06:02 PM

kind of reminds me of community crime watch. were nothing really important gets taken care of.

I wouldn't say where nothing important gets taken care of. We're doing our best, but this is largely based on support from the community.
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

new updates made, final product still in works
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:44:47 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 05:58:45 PM by BitCoinDream

The Bitcoin Cop => ...

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:14:14 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 05:05:10 PM by Bit_Happy

The Bitcoin Cop => ...

Careful if you are at work:
NSFW

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:00:03 PM

although I do not mind the trolling I respectfully request you remove this post to keep this thread clean and safe for work.

Done... Sorry, I thought people would love to have some fun. U may remove the link from your quote too...

enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:09:40 PM

The Bitcoin Cop => ...

thank you very much, and we do like to have fun. just keep it clean please Smiley
Onar

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:22:37 PM

Calling it bitcoin "police" may be the wrong wording on it. Excpecially in this forum, because when someone hear the word police and regulation all spikes are went out.

This "police" could have the aim to track down schemes, put into a system to see if thing is organized, find security holes so the community can work to close them and more.

Regards to the 850k bitcoins missing, if he not can hire someone to find them or others "bitcoiners" not find them noone will I would think? Maybe someone also has, and blackmailed the thief for %. Who knows. This is actually the weakness with this currency, and not only strength to have anonymous transations

Here's your first mission (if you chose to accept it) go track down the 850K btc that the fat frenchmen lost and do some justice. Then we will all hail you as the official bitcoin police and forever respect you.

enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:23:14 PM

Calling it bitcoin "police" may be the wrong wording on it. Excpecially in this forum, because when someone hear the word police and regulation all spikes are went out.

This "police" could have the aim to track down schemes, put into a system to see if thing is organized, find security holes so the community can work to close them and more.

Regards to the 850k bitcoins missing, if he not can hire someone to find them or others "bitcoiners" not find them noone will I would think? Maybe someone also has, and blackmailed the thief for %. Who knows. This is actually the weakness with this currency, and not only strength to have anonymous transations

The term bitcoin police come from the idea of a community the self polices. This idea is nearly impossible because the community cant all go down to a single place and look at things. BUT should it have a representative to do these thing it would become much easier.

I understand the speculation that comes from here as to weather or not btcpd is legit or a scam. But I come to the community humbly, although we accept donations, we do not openly ask for them. we do not require money for anything we do. our blacklist program is designed to thwart malicious devices of man (although normally at the expense of somebody because we cant catch them all before they strike.)

Soon btcpd will be opening the beta to our whitelisting program. We at btcpd will become the first organization in bitcoin to offer verification for trustworthy websites. how well those sites operate will be reflected on the whitelist widget by how the community reacts to these sites. regardless of how we work, we are nonbiased and do not need your money to operate.

I reach out to the community. spread the word, give us your support.
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:53:23 PM

I have started an organization within the bitcoin community with the sole profession to be protect and serve. In light of the recent issues about regulation and ofcourse mt gox it becomes clear that some sort of self regulation within our community is required. although we cannot do much legal work we can hold exchanges to certain standards. this is what I am trying to do. there are other things but please read on. I expect most people wil approach this carefully especially since the site is well... low-tech... but I will fix that as soon as I can. in essence the tech doesn't make a good plan. A good plan makes the tech. I am highly open to suggestions and ideas from my fellow bitcoiners.

WWW.BTCPD.COM

Thank you for your time
Christian.

UPDATE: The website has received major updates. Thank you for all of your support.

Get our goxxed BTC back, then we can talk!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: