Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:52:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new bitcoin police  (Read 3549 times)
Ged

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:18:58 PM

POLICE is city on Latin.
POLICEMAN is CITIZEN.
So, what's wrong ?
P2P POLICE Cheesy WIth 3d-printed guns at their pockets and adruino-based flying robots to detect enemy !
 Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enrapha (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 02:23:23 PM

Quote from: Cryptogirl82 link=topic=545640.msopens2#msg6125652 date=1396965203
I have started an organization within the bitcoin community with the sole profession to be protect and serve. In light of the recent issues about regulation and ofcourse mt gox it becomes clear that some sort of self regulation within our community is required. although we cannot do much legal work we can hold exchanges to certain standards. this is what I am trying to do. there are other things but please read on. I expect most people wil approach this carefully especially since the site is well... low-tech... but I will fix that as soon as I can. in essence the tech doesn't make a good plan. A good plan makes the tech. I am highly open to suggestions and ideas from my fellow bitcoiners.

WWW.BTCPD.COM

Thank you for your time
Christian.

UPDATE: The website has received major updates. Thank you for all of your support.

Get our goxxed BTC back, then we can talk!

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140408/p3irj3gx.gif

We all know that money is gone unless somebody opens up. Don't set unrealistic expectations for us. But I might add if out program was in place and taken more seriously we may have stopped that before it happened.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

apart from appearing like a 16yo trying to make a name for yourself.

what actual authoritative status do you hold in the real world, are you:
1) a real world police officer that can search records or has the power to arrest
2) a lawyer in the area if financial crimes
3) a judge
4) a basement dweller with only an idea and no powers to bring people to justice.

bitcoin is not a game, where you can pretend to be something. if you do not have powers of arrest or skills in the courtroom. then please stop what you are doing, as your actions are of deceit and it makes you no better then the liars in the community that promise things they cannot deliver, all for a quick buck.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:41:04 PM

1) a real world police officer that can search records or has the power to arrest
3) a judge
4) a basement dweller with only an idea and no powers to bring people to justice.

bitcoin is not a game, where you can pretend to be something. if you do not have powers of arrest or skills in the courtroom. then please stop what you are doing, as your actions are of deceit and it makes you no better then the liars in the community that promise things they cannot deliver, all for a quick buck.

I have not stated to be any of these things. please become more informed about what I am trying to do. any fyi. the power of a backing community is far greater then the governing power of any authority. your accusations are limited and without basis. have a nice day.
xv11

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:00:34 PM

this is retarded as hell
cobra89y

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:05:06 PM

3) a judge

I have not stated to be any of these things. please become more informed about what I am trying to do. any fyi. the power of a backing community is far greater then the governing power of any authority. your accusations are limited and without basis. have a nice day.

maybe you sould inform us on what your actually trying to do on this thread.
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:17:20 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 11:45:58 PM by enrapha

3) a judge

maybe you sould inform us on what your actually trying to do on this thread.

absolutely!

After observing the concerns and weaknesses that currently exist in the Bitcoin community, and having a strong desire to see Bitcoin succeed, I decided there was something I could do to contribute. From my experience, I feel I can bring a new level of professionalism to Bitcoin by establishing solid and positive accountability with the businesses working in our Bitcoin community.  In doing so, we'll help to create a wider confidence in the players who deserve it, and help weed out those who would let us down.  This in turn will contribute to the stability and acceptability of the community, and even the BTC market.

Bitcoin is new but taking off fast.  New and significant changes are coming rapidly from within our own government and governments around the world, as well as from the large financial sectors.  Many have speculated from more than one negative event after another that Bitcoin is a passing fad.  But we all know they can't stop this train.  The question is, will the Bitcoin community as a whole make it easier to be accepted and gain the cooperation, respect and encouragement the honest workers deserve?  And the answer is that this can only happen if we start getting serious about policing ourselves.  This, is what the world waits to see proven.

BTCPD is here to bring forward just one of the many pieces of the puzzle.  Think of BTCPD as the BBB of Bitcoin.

And please, before judging based of the website, consider that this post was placed in the project development section and it is in fact a project in development. Our dev is working diligently on a better, more up to date design that will suit the needs of us and the community.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:04:24 AM

Think of BTCPD as the BBB of Bitcoin....

Sounds like businesses pay for membership, is that correct?
Do you also rate companies that are not members (like the BBB) based on consumer feedback?

enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Do you also rate companies that are not members (like the BBB) based on consumer feedback?

Negative, one of the major things that is going to be implemented with the final site revision is called whitelists.  It will be a widget that each company signs up for, they can sign up and start at bronze(which requires a basic investigation to prove said company is not fraudulent) and work their way up, they can however pay for higher levels, each level has a harder investigation, a large majority of the money received from the investigations goes towards paying for the investigation.

We will have a forum setup that is attached to the widget they will receive,(you can see en example of the widget on our site) on that forum members(that's you the community) may review the site and deduct or add points that will be reflected on the widget. should the company gain enough or lose enough points the symbol will be upgraded or downgraded on the widget attached to their site.

all the reviews will be done by the members, companies will have the opportunity to respond and correct the situation with no charge(the one time investigation fee is the only thing anybody pays us). The only review posted by us will be the investigation they paid for(posted publicly).

The investigation will remain non-biased as agreed in the nonnegotiable contract between us and the company. paying for a platinum level investigation does not guarantee a platinum level widget.

If there is anything I failed to provide please let me know and ill be happy to.
cobra89y

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:02:53 AM

Negative, one of the major things that is going to be implemented with the final site revision is called whitelists.  It will be a widget that each company signs up for, they can sign up and start at bronze(which requires a basic investigation to prove said company is not fraudulent) and work their way up, they can however pay for higher levels, each level has a harder investigation, a large majority of the money received from the investigations goes towards paying for the investigation.

We will have a forum setup that is attached to the widget they will receive,(you can see en example of the widget on our site) on that forum members(that's you the community) may review the site and deduct or add points that will be reflected on the widget. should the company gain enough or lose enough points the symbol will be upgraded or downgraded on the widget attached to their site.

all the reviews will be done by the members, companies will have the opportunity to respond and correct the situation with no charge(the one time investigation fee is the only thing anybody pays us). The only review posted by us will be the investigation they paid for(posted publicly).

The investigation will remain non-biased as agreed in the nonnegotiable contract between us and the company. paying for a platinum level investigation does not guarantee a platinum level widget.

If there is anything I failed to provide please let me know and ill be happy to.

So what do you do during these investigations? Who do you hire to conduct them?  Why wouldn't the company just pay trusted members of this site for the same thing.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:15:22 AM

MT. Gox was considered to be legit till it shuttered up overnight, such is the way with many, ENRON !!!!!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:19:37 AM

Yeah I'm pretty much against this but I appreciate your tenacity.  Maybe produce some serious results and we go from there?
fruitwallet

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:18:23 AM

I like the idea of whitelists and blacklists, where people can check any company.
I think the result would look similar to crunchbase.
The mechanisms are still a bit unclear, my vision that lists should be based on user feedback but moderated and checked by admin or smth like that.

Keep doing this, that may be useful as many startups and companies appear. Some of them may be with his hand in the till.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:28:33 AM

A list of Manufacturers true links and known spoofs like the ones impersonating Bitmain would be helpful.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 11:32:42 AM

You might want to hire a decent web designer, then again, many websites of small police stations have similar websites..

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:39:15 AM

we want freedom from bitcoin like other man said only maths regulation is needed.
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:54:34 PM

You might want to hire a decent web designer, then again, many websites of small police stations have similar websites..

We do have a web designer and have contributed quite a bit of funding into its development. as stated previously, the final revision will be deployed when its finished.
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:56:05 PM

I like the idea of whitelists and blacklists, where people can check any company.
I think the result would look similar to crunchbase.
The mechanisms are still a bit unclear, my vision that lists should be based on user feedback but moderated and checked by admin or smth like that.

Keep doing this, that may be useful as many startups and companies appear. Some of them may be with his hand in the till.

thank you very much, how everything will work will become much more clear when the official site deploys. after it deploys we will still have some time for feedback to make changes/additions.
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:57:12 PM

A list of Manufacturers true links and known spoofs like the ones impersonating Bitmain would be helpful.

could you be more clear about what you mean? this may be something we are already working on doing. if not, it may be of interest.
enrapha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 09:02:08 PM

So what do you do during these investigations? Who do you hire to conduct them?  Why wouldn't the company just pay trusted members of this site for the same thing.

how intense each level of investigation will be is still in the works. however, an example would be for our highest level(platinum), we would actually have an on site visit, subject the company to a company background check(i.e. find out what lawsuits its been a part of), have to be shown proof of systems stability as well as proof of financial stability. we are putting together a team of agents for conducting the investigations. and sure the company can hire these trusted members, however the complications being details of the investigation, and the tools we can provide to the community in a one source format.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: