Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:06:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview: Nicholas Gregory & Ray Youssef on Civ Kit (new P2P market)  (Read 34 times)
Vlad BTCTKVR (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2023, 01:12:01 AM

Hi guys!

Just wanted to share with you my latest podcast interview, which is about a new uncensorable P2P marketplace protocol which is called Civ Kit. It's currently being built by CommerceBlock CEO Nicholas Gregory (best known for MercuryWallet and his work on Statechains) and Ray Youssef (formerly of Paxful, a popular P2P exchange).

Hope you're going to like this one, the concept is certainly fascinating. It's being built on top of Nostr to take advantage of the relaying system, it uses the Lightning network for payments, and it's meant to enable the unbanked to do commerce with the rest of the world without any barriers  Cheesy

https://bitcoin-takeover.com/nicholas-gregory-ray-youssef-civ-kit-p2p-bitcoin-marketplace/
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UchihaSarada

Activity: 434
Merit: 141

View Profile
June 16, 2023, 02:05:38 AM

Ray Youssef (formerly of Paxful, a popular P2P exchange).
Ray Youssef is a former CEO of Paxful which announced to close their service and weeks later, reopened it for users after they proceeded withdrawals for users and Ray resigned from the company.

When Paxful announced to close their service, in a letter which is signed by Ray Youssef, they recommended Paxful users to use noones as an alternative P2P marketplace for Paxful. Their users were allowed to import their Paxful accounts to Noones.

I am not sure why Ray Youssel switched from Noones to CivKit because they both aim at Global South.

Future of Paxful Bitcoin Exchange in Flux As Co-Founders Fight
Paxful CEO Says Users Can Withdraw Funds—But They Say Otherwise
For those who use Paxful:
1. A new platform recommended by Paxful CEO @raypaxful is live; Noones @noonesapp

2. You can log in to Noones with your Paxful credentials & your KYC, trades, etc will be there already.

3. Log in to Paxful then transfer your funds from Paxful to…

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: