Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use the Bear Flag pattern and what to look for?  (Read 243 times)
Woodie

Activity: 1806
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 09:03:29 PM

I think it's safe to state that the trading game has evolved over the years and today we don't trade patterns or trend lines alone...you need to bundle this with extra confluence! Of course we have a few people that have mastered on how best to use these but the best winning chance is to have to use extra tools.

And looking at the bearish flag given, if I applied some ICT concepts or smart money concepts to this, we can see that price came up for that displacement or price inefficiency called "fair value gap" which signaled we had an unmitigated area and price was expected to get here and reverse which it did for a 1:3 risk to reward

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 02:40:14 AM

A quick tip using this bear flag pattern is before you enter the trade, you must also consider the other timeframe because sometimes, it is bullish or bearish (it's not aligned on your current timeframe)
By doing this, you can decide a better entry, stop loss and take profit price.

that is true, sometimes it depends on the time frame that you are looking at. because the bear or bull season has no defined timeline, it depends on where you referenced your time frame to another one.
and do remember, every project has their own timelines and so what do you call the bear and bull season. it is relative to the market they have.
as much as possible, check the whole market performance of the project, so you know what kind of season you are entering with respect to their overall market.
easily in my opinion by paying attention to the trend line that is happening, as shown in the picture, the trend line that is formed becomes a support defense area and if it is broken then it is likely that the price will run down, so we can look for areas to sell it especially if a correction occurs price. a technique like this is very logical to use, considering that the price reasonableness limit has been broken so that it will affect most traders to think the same way, namely to sell, you can realize that most people suggest following the direction of the trend that is happening, considering that at that time most traders had thoughts the same one

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 154

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 03:42:42 AM

Quote from: palle11
Bear flags is just a confirmation of bear trend and nothing much to it. A newbie may find it a little bit confused if not explained in simple terms. Watch the trend if you can use longer time, confirm lower minutes and go in if it suits you then within minutes you are already in profit that shows you are right with the trend. It is not a rocket science that if you enter a wrong trend then you will come out in loss.

I agree with you, many newbies will not get it right in a way they will be able to flow with the bear flag because some of them are new to the bear flag which they will be seeing bear flag in the market but they will not know it is time to buy and hold for a better future. When the price is low to your satisfaction in the market is the best time to buy coins and hold which is the best strategy many potential traders are using to monitor the market price every night and day to ensure they didn't miss their weekly, monthly and yearly profits. If you don't believe in the bear flag, I think the forum is another place you can use to monitor the market price to trade because every single move of the price of the crypto in the market the information will be spread in the forum.

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 06:56:19 AM

I think it's safe to state that the trading game has evolved over the years and today we don't trade patterns or trend lines alone...you need to bundle this with extra confluence! Of course we have a few people that have mastered on how best to use these but the best winning chance is to have to use extra tools.

And looking at the bearish flag given, if I applied some ICT concepts or smart money concepts to this, we can see that price came up for that displacement or price inefficiency called "fair value gap" which signaled we had an unmitigated area and price was expected to get here and reverse which it did for a 1:3 risk to reward

This is a must now, I am sure that the most advanced bots out there which are trading the markets have all of those patterns on their code, but instead of going with them they decide to go against it to trap a lot of people that are still using similar trading methods.

Then those people are forced to sell and then the bots may finally allow for the market to take its natural course, so newbies need to be incredibly careful when trading patterns like this as we cannot hope they are as effective as they were decades ago.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 04:54:04 PM

This is a must now, I am sure that the most advanced bots out there which are trading the markets have all of those patterns on their code, but instead of going with them they decide to go against it to trap a lot of people that are still using similar trading methods.

Then those people are forced to sell and then the bots may finally allow for the market to take its natural course, so newbies need to be incredibly careful when trading patterns like this as we cannot hope they are as effective as they were decades ago.
These stereotypical strategies won't work anymore cause the traders are evolving with the help of technology so the opportunities are shrinking. The most easiest way is we can expect a green candle after a big red candle that is still preferred by many day traders and believing they can make money with this simple strategy. Well, it's true but not 100% accurate which means the remaining 20% plays a huge role so we need to be careful and build complex strategies to minimise the risks.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
cute nmp

Activity: 1666
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 07:23:28 PM

A Bear Flag pattern is a chart pattern used in technical analysis to identify potential bearish trends in the market. I can always identify the pattern in a chart by looking for the sharp and steep downtrend (the flagpole) followed by a period of consolidation usually characterized by a parallel channel or flag shape. One of my favorite patterns I used in trading the crypto-market hardly results in losses if one uses it well.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 08:22:21 PM

Flags are not to be traded alone for better result. I see flagpole as a signal to enter the market but that should not mean to jump in without checking out other indicators. So it is wiser to recheck on other indicators but as for market moving in a probable wrong way, it is happens sometimes and that is to take out stop losses first before taking the right direction. Bots are also configured to function that way but it is not as accurate as manual.
Woodie

Activity: 1806
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2023, 06:36:27 PM

These stereotypical strategies won't work anymore cause the traders are evolving with the help of technology so the opportunities are shrinking.
Evolving with the help of technology,  I don't follow..elaborate!

And just so you know, today we have more people winning  when it comes to the trading game as compared to a few years back were everyone relied on moving averages, trend lines and the alike...

The most easiest way is we can expect a green candle after a big red candle that is still preferred by many day traders and believing they can make money with this simple strategy. Well, it's true but not 100% accurate which means the remaining 20% plays a huge role so we need to be careful and build complex strategies to minimise the risks.
Trading the Green candle after a red candle and you say it's the preferred strategy by day traders in this day and age Huh No ways mate, clearly this is gambling!!!
How many times are you going to get false signals before catching the real move based on this strategy? I guess several false signals and I would advice anyone doing this to stop immediately !!

Btw trading shouldn't be hard or complex, if you trade it in a mechanical way and a trade meets all requirements before placing that pending order then the art of trading  is mastered!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
esinka1903

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2023, 01:54:00 PM

I am trying to learn how to trade with chart patterns myself too...

What I found based on backtesting flag patterns is that they also fail a lot. However, I did manage to get better results by adding some more rules to my strategy like these candlestick patterns - https://www.morpher.com/blog/candlestick-patterns/ - for entry signals. It proved to work much better than I expected.

Also consider other indicators or patterns for extra confirmation to avoid false signals. Understanding all the patterns is definitely not easy, I am still trying to understand how harmonic patterns - https://www.litefinance.org/blog/for-beginners/harmonic-patterns/ - work but it's a bit complicated. I'd say candlestick ones are much more suitable to start with.
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 556

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
August 06, 2023, 10:41:04 PM

Bear market trend was used by the experienced traders to earn more money from it.Many traders know the fact,bear market is suitable one to buy the good coins at cheap prices.So use the opportunity in the trading to earn more money.The bear market flag pattern can be found using the previous chart history of that coin.After creating a strategy use the money to earn good profit after the rise in value.When you get loss,use that pattern to hold the coin to avoid of loss again in future.Because the pattern is repeated one in future trading.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀