Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:18:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official launch of *BitLotto* at bitlotto.com  (Read 5618 times)
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 05:17:12 AM

As mentioned before in the forum stating my plans, my website should now be up at bitlotto.com. I'm hoping for the first month someone will win at least 40 BTC and grow from there. It just takes a small risk of 1 BTC. Check out the website for all the details.  

Thank you, theymos (Details at website. He has 40 BTC for the winner if BitLotto doesn't pay) for providing a person I can use to help build trust with this community with my lottery showing that I have no intention of faking it all and not giving the winnings and to wobber for designing the logo! (check your account Wink )

I hope over the years I can provide some fun for you all and make some of you rich! Good luck!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danf

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 06:50:28 AM

How exactly will you pay me if I win? You won't have my Bitcoin address if all you have is a payment from me, right?
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 09:01:33 AM

How exactly will you pay me if I win? You won't have my Bitcoin address if all you have is a payment from me, right?

He does have your Bitcoin address thanks to blockexplorer.
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 01:21:33 PM

He does have your Bitcoin address thanks to blockexplorer.
Thanks. That's exactly why I say they must be running their own software and not a shared service. The deposit is proof who won AND who it should go to.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12865

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:05:46 PM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

I am holding 40 BTC in escrow for the next BitLotto drawing. If BitLotto fails to pay by May 12, I will distribute the 40 BTC according to the rules.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iF4EAREIAAYFAk2ccwMACgkQxlVWk9q1kefaGQEApdkJ8RoEQUla4+GO2eOzCUg0
R0+SoqMJGLPD0wp5YU8A/iDtBPwXzQp8JOQi+rgJ4ai8+i+B469TM+lr0Nb3BITB
=rVd2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
beala

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 04:55:12 PM

Sounds like a neat idea. I'm in.
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 05:47:14 AM

...so far 13 BTC is up for grabs with about a 1 in 13 chance of winning. I'm hoping the jackpot hits over 50 the first month...It would be cool seeing someone win a decent amount. Especially if they were from this forum!

TOR2WEB
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 08:31:43 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2011, 07:00:18 AM by Holy-Fire

Why rely on an external lottery, instead of using some form of cryptographic commitment scheme? Before the round begins choose a random string (a combination of a PRNG with some human-generated entropy will work well) and hash it. Keep it secret, but post a hash of that publicly. When round ends, publish the original hash and use it to find the winner.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 08:39:39 PM

Are the bets placed on your original thread counted in the above 13 BTC?

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 05:17:36 AM

Are the bets placed on your original thread counted in the above 13 BTC?
Yes same account. Running total until the draw. Then another account is used.

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 05:23:07 AM

Why rely on the Canadian lottery, instead of using some form of cryptographic commitment scheme? Before the round begins choose a random string (a combination of a PRNG with some human-generated entropy will work well) and hash it. Keep it secret, but post a hash of that publicly. When round ends, publish the original hash and use it to find the winner.

All lotteries COULD use computers to get a random number. TRUE randomness is barely understood by many and hard to do and prove without people having doubts how it works. They may think your faking the number or manipulating it. That's why lotteries use balls bouncing in a big drum and balls fall out. Everyone understands it. You don't have to explain that it's not rigged. They see it. Your idea may work for the technical crowd but to be a really successful lottery the part were the winner is picked has to be simple and understood.

TOR2WEB
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 05:58:21 AM

OK, I'm in.

The way you have displayed the bitcoin addresses to spend to, as anchors, makes it difficult to select to copy to the clipboard. Really difficult.

You might want to re-think that.

> Why rely on the Canadian lottery

LOL, you cloistered dumfuks never fail to amuse me. How would it sound if I referred to a lottery in your country as if it were the only one? Especially if that country were the second largest on earth?

lol

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 06:33:03 AM

Is there a contingency in case Blockexplorer is down?

Do you have any code or pseudo-code for your Transaction ID -> Lotto string -> Winner determination algorithm that you are relying upon so that others can independently verify the winner? I understand the process as described, but if you're doing the process manually, it could be subject to human error. And having an archive of the code can help disprove accusations of tampering or revision of the process on your website at a later date.

Referring to the discussion about the simplicity of the bouncing balls, all we really see is that part of the system, but behind the scenes there is a great deal of technical and randomization processes taking place to ensure that the outcome is as fair and random as possible. The measures they take are really interesting if you ever investigate the idea in any depth.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 07:06:18 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2011, 07:23:50 AM by Holy-Fire

Quote from: Holy-Fire
Why rely on the Canadian lottery...
LOL, you cloistered dumfuks never fail to amuse me.
I resent that.
How would it sound if I referred to a lottery in your country as if it were the only one? Especially if that country were the second largest on earth?
You would sound perfectly legitimate, as there is just one lottery in my country (or at least, one that is called what I take to be the translation of the word "lottery"). I assumed that the "Canadian Lotto 6/49 numbers" were ubiquitous enough to deserve being called "the Canadian lottery", and I apologize if I missed the nuances. As this is completely irrelevant to the point I was making, I changed the wording.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Anonymous

April 08, 2011, 07:27:28 AM

There should be a way to come up with something tied to bitcoin for the draw  Smiley
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 07:36:47 AM

There should be a way to come up with something tied to bitcoin for the draw  Smiley
You could make it the Merkle root of the first block found after the exact time entries are closed, XORed with a hash of the block hash. The time needs to be known some time in advance, of course.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12865

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 03:30:04 PM

Hopefully BBE will not ever be down for too long, but you can get the same information by looking at the blocks locally. One way to do it is to output all getblock dumps to a single file and search this file for all instances of the lotto's address in hash160 format.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 06:35:28 PM

Quote from: Holy-Fire
Why rely on the Canadian lottery...
LOL, you cloistered dumfuks never fail to amuse me.
I resent that.
How would it sound if I referred to a lottery in your country as if it were the only one? Especially if that country were the second largest on earth?
You would sound perfectly legitimate, as there is just one lottery in my country (or at least, one that is called what I take to be the translation of the word "lottery"). I assumed that the "Canadian Lotto 6/49 numbers" were ubiquitous enough to deserve being called "the Canadian lottery", and I apologize if I missed the nuances. As this is completely irrelevant to the point I was making, I changed the wording.

I'm sorry. That was not called for. Sometimes I let my frustration get away from me.

bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 02:46:27 AM

There should be a way to come up with something tied to bitcoin for the draw  Smiley
I'm sure it's possible. BitLotto is in no way set PERMANENTLY to a specific lottery for numbers. Obviously if it did change plenty of notice would have to be given. As long as everyone agrees that the numbers are in fact just as random as balls in a drum. The numbers determine where millions go so they (Lotto 6/49) are quite careful to be fair. One day BitLotto may change where the random numbers come from. The way the lottery is run though will probably stay the same for a long time....

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 02:57:38 AM

Worse case, it can be done manually.

I hope one day to pay someone to make a really simple program that can sit in the Bitcoin directory, only READ the blocks, and create a really simple interface for seeing all the lottery accounts,  all entries, and a simple interface to enter the random numbers and find the winner....one day. 

Theymos: Your website makes things way simple! You are awesome! If I ever come up with some money, I'd offer you the job first if you wanted it!

TOR2WEB
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: