Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:35:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got robbed large amounts of cash by someone in this forum  (Read 49 times)
senormister (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2023, 05:58:52 PM

The title says it all, I got robbed a large amount of cash (USD) by a member of this forum in a f2f cash deal, is there something I can do? Can someone recommend me what to do? Thanks! (I have the profile of the guy, claims to be a super known trader and he has an amazing reputation in some OTC and p2p websites)
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2023, 06:12:11 PM

There will be more advice as to what you'd do if you tell the details and which thread of the user you meet up with. It will be interesting to see how you got robbed in a f2f deal, you didn't meet up in a private abandoned warehouse, did you?

There must be a thread where you found the guy, you are free to post it also.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 30, 2023, 10:27:24 AM

How were you so easily robbed of large sums of money? Didn't you use escrow or something similar to secure the transactions from beginning to end? Was the transaction through this forum, another site or was it completely f2f(physical?)? By the way, What f2f exactly, physical f2f or online video call? Do you have the person's real contact address or private information?
I will advice you to involve/contact your law enforcement people and those who handle such issue where your online exchange/agreements with the person took place. Inform them about the issue and send the law enforcement people the contact address or private information while those who handle such issue where the exchange took place could have his/her online profile and go through what transpired between two of you in order to do something about it.

Meanwhile, I will suggest you move this thread to reputation section here
👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=129.0 for more help or suggestions from members
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: