Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Technical Infrastructure for automated trading with Autoview  (Read 173 times)
Turbartuluk (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 1420

View Profile
July 03, 2023, 10:05:49 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2023, 06:31:27 AM by Turbartuluk
Merited by Buchi-88 (1)

Hey there,

I think https://de.tradingview.com/ is well known amoung all traders. It is a social media network and analysis platform for trading. With a lot of charts and indicators you can build up your own trading strategy or copy-paste strategies from others. Furthermore you can set up alarms for push-notification, SMS or Telegram message. I use tradingview for several years now.

Some months ago i then discovered https://autoview.com/
It is a chrome plugin, which uses the alerts from tradingview (as long as it runs in chrome) to set up trades via API. On Bitcointalk i found this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1353698.msg13781535#msg13781535 which is quite old and inactive.
Are Traders out there, who still use Autoview?

For all others ich want to present my setup.

Preparation
First of all i need the ability to run chrome 24/7 because autoview needs to run in chrome to set trades.
Therefore i ordered a HDMI Stick PC: https://amzn.eu/d/1jkZ4y9
I have choosen this one because of ethernet cable port, but other Sticks like Asus VivoStick PC or Intel Compute Stick should be fine, too.

Set up
-create new google account (for privacy reasons)
-login into chrome and install autoview plugin
-create new tradingview account (for privacy reasons)
-login into tradingview
-login into crypto exchange and setup API keys
-transmit API keys to Autoview
-ready

placing orders
- autoview has a syntax builder. it is like setting up an order and after you have entered all trade details it will generate a text which you only have to copy
- setup tradingsview alarm (e.g. when price is below 100k$) and paste the text
- the next tick will trigger the alarm, and then autoview sets the trade via API

Exchange recommendation
- there are different exchanges which offers a testnet for papertrading, for me OKX and ByBit works best
- for real money trading on the major exchanges (e.g. Coinbase, Kraken, Binance, Bitfinex) you need a subscription for autoview for ~$25/1M
- If you want to set up multiple strategies, it seems to be plausible to choose an exchange with subaccounts e.g. Kucoin, you can then set up a subaccount for each strategy, can create tax report API on every single account and watch trade statistics on tax report tools like cointracking

Conclusion
For me this seems to be a very simple and useful workaround for trading. It is very easy to set up a batch of trades, e.g. for savings plan into a lot of different coins or a lot of DCA orders on a single coin. Even with more complex Strategies it should be simple to grab one from tradingview and adopt it to my personal needs.

Do you know any open source tradingview strategies which are made for Autoview (don't need to be profitable)?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faisal2202

Activity: 1190
Merit: 466

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2023, 05:43:11 PM

Another great topic that increased my knowledge about automation trading but my question is there are many other build in exchange bots that allow you to trade or trigger your trades automatically once you reach the target price then why we should prefer autoview?

For which we have to buy a computer which has to run 24 hours, (just to point out, I never knew there are small computer kits like the ones you provided the link of from Amazon). But while using those exchanges built-bots we do not have to buy additional computers because those exchanges are functional in smartphones so.

Well, I am looking forward to your strategies, because this strategy of trading is for those who have lots of money to invest in diversified assets. Otherwise people like me do not think about automated trading or should we think about it?

Turbartuluk (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2023, 10:35:29 PM

Another great topic that increased my knowledge about automation trading but my question is there are many other build in exchange bots that allow you to trade or trigger your trades automatically once you reach the target price then why we should prefer autoview?

For which we have to buy a computer which has to run 24 hours, (just to point out, I never knew there are small computer kits like the ones you provided the link of from Amazon). But while using those exchanges built-bots we do not have to buy additional computers because those exchanges are functional in smartphones so.

Well, I am looking forward to your strategies, because this strategy of trading is for those who have lots of money to invest in diversified assets. Otherwise people like me do not think about automated trading or should we think about it?

Autoview is just a bridge, tradingview is whats important, because with it comes a lot more possibilities, not just saving plan, DCA or normal orders. Neither you need to buy a computer. But if you want to safe energy while running 24/7 or you want to decouple your "crypto things" from your everyday PC or you want highter security on your cryptos then a Stick PC.

Is it worth it? It depends on if you are a trader or hodler.
If you just make your DCA / saving plan than those build in exchange bots are enough and you should buy a hardware wallet. But if you really wanna trade you might buy such a Stick PC.

Regarding the amount of money the opposite is the case. Due to automation you can use strategies where manual trading would just not be worth the time. So you can trade much smaller amounts, a lot of CEX supports trades for 1$. You would not set up a trade for 1$ manually. But of cause you need a strategy first, so before you go for automation you should learn about manual trading first.
Dunamisx

Activity: 840
Merit: 539

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 03:41:23 PM

I will still prefer the use of this automatic trading than the use of trading bot or going through some uncertainties that could involve trading task in an indefinite outcome, trading gas many ways we could see or approach it to arrived on accurate result if we are good enough to make use of it additional informations and indicators as guide, so i will like to also take this as one of the ways we also can have a better trading experience if the automated trading is set.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Turbartuluk (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2023, 10:08:06 PM

Meanwhile i added chatGPT to my infrastructure. Even for a coding dyslexic like me it is now very easy and much faster to try some ideas and make strategies out of it.

these are the tradingview backtest results for my GPT Scalper:

can anyone tell me what's wrong with tradingview backtest, cause i don't believe those results?!
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
July 26, 2023, 08:38:36 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2023, 11:12:17 AM by Tytanowy Janusz

can anyone tell me what's wrong with tradingview backtest, cause i don't believe those results?!

Maybe because it does not include slippage? Which may be a huge case with scalping strategies? Does it calculate trading fees?

For all others ich want to present my setup.

Preparation
First of all i need the ability to run chrome 24/7 because autoview needs to run in chrome to set trades.
Therefore i ordered a HDMI Stick PC: https://amzn.eu/d/1jkZ4y9
I have choosen this one because of ethernet cable port, but other Sticks like Asus VivoStick PC or Intel Compute Stick should be fine, too.

Set up
-create new google account (for privacy reasons)
-login into chrome and install autoview plugin
-create new tradingview account (for privacy reasons)
-login into tradingview
-login into crypto exchange and setup API keys
-transmit API keys to Autoview
-ready

I've made my first trading bot (market maker on illiquid exchange), without coding skills after 1 day in python. It litteraly started to earn first $ the same day i started coding. I left it to work over night but it crashed 15 min after i went to sleep but it was day 1 and it was earning. Few days later it was stable and was earning day after day for next 2 years, when exchange closed. in the meantime, I improved the code, improved strategies, but I had a huge motivation to do so, because each change reduced the amount of time spent on bot calibration and increased profits.
I really recommend you to do it this way, because you will have many more possibilities and nowadays, the entry level is much lower, because chatgpt will help you with coding, not only will it explain how to do it, but it will even write selected code fragments or check Code snippets available on github. then you put your program on a VPS and for $2 a month it runs on the external servers. No need to power your computer 24/7
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2023, 08:56:28 AM

Meanwhile i added chatGPT to my infrastructure. Even for a coding dyslexic like me it is now very easy and much faster to try some ideas and make strategies out of it.
A PC is not designed to run 24 hours so it may need to be configured to install it on a VPS but is chatGPT something worth trying for trading?
Thanks for the info, it's the first time I've heard of Autoview, I'm going to try it and start my opinion, it seems that the setup steps are very easy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Turbartuluk (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2023, 10:43:23 AM

As mentioned above i use a HDMI Stick PC with a max power consumption of only 10W (~1-2$ per month).
If you want to go sure for running it 24/7 you may choose Intel Compute Stick instead, due to Intel is known for designing devices for 24/7.
It runs with Win10 and is much more intuitive for less technically educated people to my mind.

Same with ChatGPT. You need to know what trading is about because you need to "explain" your strategy in details to ChatGPT. You can't just say "Write a Strategy with BB+RSI wich contains Riskmanagement" and hope it works. Therefore you need to be able to read and understand the code, to control the output of ChatGPT. But you dont have to write it anymore and therefore dont have to worry about syntax problems, because GPT will solve them for you, which is great for Traders who manually trade succesful but fail with automation due to lack of technical skills.

Maybe someday i will switch to python bots on VPS, but for now it seems to be a little to "advanced" for me. Maybe because i want to understand 100% of what i am doing to estimate risks and don't run into total loss because not understanding what i am doing.  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: