Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to banned addresses?  (Read 338 times)
Becassine (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 775

I love BitBox02 (Shiftcrypto) and Zeus (Cryptotag)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 12:33:26 AM

I have to say that there are still a lot of things I don't quite understand, although I try to read as much as I can.

For example, I don't understand what happens when an address is banned or blacklisted. Can't you move btc? Can't you do anything with satoshis on that address?

Thank you

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Manu0004

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 01:44:37 AM

As a newbie to my own understanding You cannot transfer and sell the token or coin, becoming a honeypot. Usually, scammers often blacklist wallet addresses that hold large amounts of tokens or coins (whales) so its act like all run in normally, you can’t even run your satioshi it has  already been from performing any transaction in it
Zaguru12

Activity: 672
Merit: 862

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 02:53:22 AM

For example, I don't understand what happens when an address is banned or blacklisted. Can't you move btc? Can't you do anything with satoshis on that address?

At legalized exchange a bitcoin address can be banned and then the exchange will stop any utxo on that address not to be moved out. But on a regular wallet even if the address is blacklisted say by the government I doubt they can be able to stop it from transferring those funds. This tainted funds can only be confiscated by the government legalized exchanges and it would stop it from been exchanged to either fiat currency but for non legalized or private address it can actually be transferred.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Despairo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 828

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 03:42:55 AM

Please refer to me where do you read about banned or blacklisted address?

AFAIK there's no such banned or blacklisted address, but only burn address. Burn address is an address where no one has the private key, so it's mean no one can move the coins, not the coins can't be moved.

If there's such program or system to not allow any address to move or spend the coins, it's mean Bitcoin isn't decentralized anymore.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
thecodebear

Activity: 2086
Merit: 813

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 03:43:10 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (4), ABCbits (1)

There's no such thing as a banned address. A govt could say so and so address is banned and force companies in that country to put it on a blacklist like exchanges refusing to allow bitcoin from that address to be transferred to them, but you can't outright ban an address because bitcoin operates in a decentralized manner.
MusaMohamed

Activity: 882
Merit: 290

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 04:25:19 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (4), ABCbits (1), Becassine (1)

I have to say that there are still a lot of things I don't quite understand, although I try to read as much as I can.

Banned or blacklisted addresses are for altcoins with smart contracts like Tether stablecoin USDT. With their centralized smart contracts, they can ban an address, burn the token in that address.

You can not ban a Bitcoin address because anyone has its private key will always be able to move it to a new address or sweep it. It is a power of Bitcoin because it is decentralized, no censorship. You can not have no censorship with altcoins, smart contracts.

Stablecoins and Blacklists
Tether USDT banned addresses are 895 addresses so far.
PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 04:34:28 AM

AFAIK there's no such banned or blacklisted address, but only burn address. Burn address is an address where no one has the private key, so it's mean no one can move the coins, not the coins can't be moved.

If there's such program or system to not allow any address to move or spend the coins, it's mean Bitcoin isn't decentralized anymore.
You have not cleared the question because it seems that there is no Banned Addresses in crypto so what is the true question here?
Maybe you are. Pointing in different thing but have not cleared it here.
So please edit the post for clarity .

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 04:41:18 AM

With BTC and ETH even it banned you can always move your coins. However depending on what you did most likely wherever you send it, it’ll set off alerts and it might flagged as a deposit.

With erc20 tokens like USDT it’s different. Those can get banned and you won’t be able to move the actual tokens. Tether did this a few times with any funds which were from hacked sources. It gets frozen pretty much.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MusaMohamed

Activity: 882
Merit: 290

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 04:49:03 AM

With erc20 tokens like USDT it’s different. Those can get banned and you won’t be able to move the actual tokens. Tether did this a few times with any funds which were from hacked sources. It gets frozen pretty much.
Tether company has frozen 895 USDT addresses which hold 468,614,574 USDT
Banned addresses from Dune Analytics.

Tether Froze $300K of Stablecoin Hacked After Victims Left Wallet Keys in Evernote

Smart contracts are weapons of companies and can be forced to execute governmental requests like fund recovery from hacks or sanctions. Tether has their guide to create support tickets if your wallets are hacked.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 07:10:53 AM
Merited by LoyceV (6)

When the address gets blacklisted or banned, all the coins associated with it get the status of being "tainted" or "dirty": these are terms chain analysis companies came up with to harm Bitcoin's fungibility and try to prevent people from freely transacting on the censorship-resistant network. Chain analysis firms keep track of such addresses and may deem anyone connected to these addresses a potential criminal or a person helping to facilitate illegal activity. As one of the Samourai wallet developers once said, these companies themselves created a problem of "tainted" coins and now are making a good buck offering and selling "solutions" for this nonsense. On the protocol level, nothing changes really: if you are not dealing with so-called "OFAC-compliant" miners, your transaction gets broadcast, shared between, and verified by full nodes, validated, and included into a block by economically-rational miners. In a decentralized network such as Bitcoin, it is absolutely legal to move coins to which you have a corresponding private key.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
m2017
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1299

keep walking, Johnnie

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 07:39:54 AM

Thank you
If the BTC-network is decentralized, then how do you imagine that some bitcoin address would be banned? Who will do it? Nobody. No one can ban any address in the BTC-network. This is the peculiarity of bitcoin, which is called decentralization, expressed in the fact that there is no supervisory authority that regulates and is able to ban.

No one has the right to prohibit sending or receiving btc, even if this address is blacklisted. The essence of the black list is that on third-party resources, a hypothetical address will have a label (for example, about offenses, like stolen btc), which will limit the ability to exchange or sell these btc on some resources, like exchangers. But this does not mean that the money on this address will be 100% blocked and can't be transferred. On BTC-network itself, there is no way to leave unfavorable tags, which allows you to still use that hypothetical address, even if it is blacklisted.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Crypt0Gore

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 08:28:30 AM

You are absolutely right, ban addresses or blacklisted addresses are something you don't want to get involved with, it means that there is a red alarm on the address and any funds leaving that address is illegal, so all other centralized exchanges or platforms will sit on the assets if you send to their platform, they will seize it and you ain't getting it back.

Bitcoin is decentralized like you said, but if you stole the Bitcoin and it's known by the authority that the Bitcoin is not rightfully yours your address will be painted red (ban or blacklisted) and all those places where you can sell your bitcoin will be alerted, once you send the Bitcoin to their own Bitcoin address you are caught already, maybe you already passed KYc on the exchange? Then your identity is compromised.

Just sit down and have some tea, patiently wait for your arrest.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
ROLLBOTS
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
   PLAY NOW   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
paid2

Activity: 672
Merit: 2010

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 09:26:10 AM

With Bitcoin, you can't really ban an address, fortunately. However, an address can be flagged by private companies or governments. For example, BTC you send to a CEX or a regulated platform can be frozen or seized, if they come from a BTC address flagged by Chainanalysis for example, or by a government.

This is what could happen if you have BTC coming from certain mixing platforms, or a wallet from a dark net marketplace etc...

There are also platforms where people can report BTC addresses of criminals, or scammers, if you want to look at an example of that you can look here : https://www.chainabuse.com/reports

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BenCodie
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 09:44:15 AM

Thank you

Blacklisted coins or banned addresses generally can't use a wide variety of services, or will be flagged if they ever touch an exchange or centralized service...leading to whatever consequence comes with the coins.

It doesn't mean the coins are worthless, it just means that there is very little chance that they can be used for anything, and that there is a lot of risk associated with sending them to people or platforms.

Technically, you should still be able to move them from wallet to wallet.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3611

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 10:12:41 AM

The one who adds the address to the block is miners, and therefore, unless all mining pools block your address, do not be afraid of this problem, and if that happens, all you have to do is buy many miners, mine a block, and then add your transaction in this block.

It is difficult to find a global consensus on a particular issue, and therefore it is not difficult for all mining pools to agree to ban an address, but the government that blocked your address can track your transactions and prevent you from depositing to centralized platforms or freeze your funds once deposited.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Z390

Activity: 714
Merit: 303

Cashback 15%

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 10:52:44 AM

For example, I don't understand what happens when an address is banned or blacklisted. Can't you move btc? Can't you do anything with Satoshis on that address?

Thank you
I hope you haven't come across anyone telling you they can exchange 1000$ worth of Bitcoin for 100$, those Bitcoins are flagged address Bitcoin, don't ever exchange any money for such Bitcoin because this sounds like you have an offer, maybe im too jumpy, if that's the case please just overlook.

I said this base on past experience, and later I found out that the Bitcoin was actually set of stolen Bitcoin, I nearly fell for the trap and it could ruined me because the offer was so tempting but too good to be good is what saved me.

Just saying, if that's not what's happening please accept my apologies.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
tabas

Activity: 2982
Merit: 734

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 12:03:29 PM

Thank you
AFAIK, no one can ban addresses but with exchanges, they can blacklist a bitcoin address or any address from other cryptos. They're doing that to control those stolen funds that's reported to them. That's part of their cooperation to whoever is reporting incidents like hacking to them.
That's gonna give the hacker a hard time if the address used for hacking is alerted to the exchanges. And if the hacker has already deposited using that blacklisted address, the fund will be on the custody of the exchange and the hacker won't be able to withdraw it.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 12:21:47 PM

Thank you
Actually, if you're using personal wallet you can transfer Btc to any other addresses even though you're using a blacklisted address. I didn't see feature from a personal wallet to be locked automatically if you deposit Btc you get from hacking or fraudulent activities. But if you're going to exchange it, especially in CEX, if there's something suspicious to your deposit address, your account will be freeze then they will check your account and your address very well before they will unfreeze your account. Even if the address you're using is tainted, there's a high chance your account will be freeze. That's why good people always use mixers just to make sure their address is clean.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Faisal2202

Activity: 1190
Merit: 465

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2023, 04:55:13 PM

Thank you
Simple answer is, they can make transactions using the block chain technology because AFAIK, they are only labeled as black listed or summers or involved in fraudulent activities by Authorities but they can not stop them to make transactions.

I think if they will make transactions to another wallet that wallet will also be labeled as fraudulent one. This raised a question that what if they send small money to other normal legal users? I think we should ban incoming transactions from those users.

There have been many announcements made by authorities about blacklisting many addresses and you can check the transaction details of those addresses to verify either those addresses are making any transactions or not.

so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
July 05, 2023, 05:43:35 PM

Banned or blacklisted addresses are for altcoins with smart contracts like Tether stablecoin USDT. With their centralized smart contracts, they can ban an address, burn the token in that address.

You can not ban a Bitcoin address because anyone has its private key will always be able to move it to a new address or sweep it. It is a power of Bitcoin because it is decentralized, no censorship. You can not have no censorship with altcoins, smart contracts.

Stablecoins and Blacklists
Tether USDT banned addresses are 895 addresses so far.
PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets

I was so confused after reading what is being asked in the OP. Honestly, it never occurred to me that there would be any concept like banning the Bitcoin addresses. The only thing that came to my mind first is, what about decentralization then? Who is going to ban my address in an environment which is completely decentralized and runs on the public ledger? So the public? How?

Thank God, there is no such thing as banning the address. As far as the above answer is concerned I am now putting my all trust in decentralization one more time. (kidding, I never lost the trust)

However, it's good to know that this can be done in the shitcoins. They anyway deserve it considering the fact that they are platforms where scammers bloom and make thousands of dollars with scamming. More happy to know Bitcoin address is perfectly integrative.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: