Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Books Written in Pidgin English  (Read 55 times)
lagosnoir (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2023, 11:06:53 AM

I am working on a book project written for our local audience and someone suggested that it will be more marketable as an audiobook if it is in pidgin English. The novelty of the idea fascinated me but I am not sure of the commercial viability.

The only contemporary book written in pidgin English that I know is Sozaboy by Ken Saro-Wiwa.. Of course, there might be others I have not heard of.

Have you read books written in pidgin English? Will you buy a book written in pidgin English?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zanab247

Activity: 1190
Merit: 126

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 14, 2023, 03:47:14 PM

Don't forget that people prefer books that will make them grow financially and materially in our country, and if you no that the book in pidgin English will make bitcoiners improve or bring progress to dis forum, I believe people will definitely buy the books from you. I have not read any book written with pidgin English, but I have heard some story books be written in pidgin English which I don't know the author but am interested to see the book with my two eyes so that I will no the author because the story book is how to succeed where others failed financially.

Doan9269

Activity: 868
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 14, 2023, 05:18:14 PM

I am working on a book project written for our local audience and someone suggested that it will be more marketable as an audiobook if it is in pidgin English. The novelty of the idea fascinated me but I am not sure of the commercial viability.

As you have suspected already, come to think of it from this aspect as well that how many people that speaks pidgin English do read books or will be interested in reading books written in pidgin, the content of what you're also writing matters as well as having already made market for it where there are people waiting for the launch to buy and read, maybe under an organization or society group, aside this I can't recommend someone to make move for doing such.

Have you read books written in pidgin English?

I've seen some but never go through them to read

Will you buy a book written in pidgin English?

No but i can buy for someone who might be interested or in need of such.
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 381

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2023, 06:04:21 PM

If you write your book in pidgin,it means that you wrote the book for only a particular people because it will be hard for you book to sell beyond the shores of those who don't know how to read pidgin or those who don't understand pidgin. Think vast and use the common English language that is the most spoken language in the world. You don't know where you book will get to tomorrow.

Have you read books written in pidgin English?
I have never read any book in pidgin because it will not draw my attention

Will you buy a book written in pidgin English?
No, I wouldn't because I will not fancy it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Asiska02

Activity: 812
Merit: 675

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2023, 11:27:35 PM

If you’re not so sure if its commercial viability, I would advise you write the book with pidgin and also a translation of it in English. The translation doesn’t not to be in audio format, but should be written to follow the audio format of the pidgin. With this way, those interested in the book and not in pidgin will buy it, also those that are interested in learning pidgin, it’ll be a good avenue for them also. Don’t feel discouraged, just go ahead with your planned project.

Have you read books written in pidgin English? Will you buy a book written in pidgin English?

I would definitely buy if the book suits my tastes and the topic of the book is catchy for me to learn a lot. Although I prefer Ebooks but I wouldn’t hesitate to get one if it’s written in pidgin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
omgitsmehehe

Activity: 580
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 15, 2023, 08:34:33 PM

Don't forget that people prefer books that will make them grow financially and materially in our country, and if you no that the book in pidgin English will make bitcoiners improve or bring progress to dis forum, I believe people will definitely buy the books from you. I have not read any book written with pidgin English, but I have heard some story books be written in pidgin English which I don't know the author but am interested to see the book with my two eyes so that I will no the author because the story book is how to succeed where others failed financially.
This is Nigeria, everyone do what pleases he or her without unnecessary pressures, that's how the country operates. It's quite simple once you understand the character of others, what the audience needs and deliver it to them with full potentials, not holding anything back, the citizens would like you to be straightforward inwhatever you're doing. People tend to value important information, no matter the procedure it would be transmitted. Writing books in pidgin English, that idea is welcome afterall it's the language used by motor park agberos, so I'm acquainted with it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: